This post isn't meant to stir a debate on BB10 vs Android. It is my opinion that Blackberry will never make another BB10 device for the consumer market and will pursue Android or will stop making phones all together.

That said, with the rich tradition of awesome Blackberry hardware. (I love my claasic). What form factor would you love Blackberry to build as an android device?

I'd live to see the Classic as an android device with heavy Blackberry skin.
    01-30-16 12:10 PM
    If they make a nice 5" all-touch phone based on Android but with good integration of unique BB10 features like the HUB and price it competitively, I would be interested.
    01-30-16 12:15 PM
    How about a Blackberry form Factor. Ya know, something a bit more imaginative. Maybe something in the Ben N' Jerry's line!
    01-30-16 12:16 PM
    If they make a nice 5" all-touch phone based on Android but with good integration of unique BB10 features like the HUB and price it competitively, I would be interested.
    I always thought they should make an Android based all touch like the Z30 with and updated processor and screen. Price it at 399.00 and they would have a winner.
    01-30-16 12:54 PM
    I always thought they should make an Android based all touch like the Z30 with and updated processor and screen. Price it at 399.00 and they would have a winner.
    I agree. It might interest other Android users and open up a new market for them.
    SunDevilBB, bakron1 and phuoc like this.
    01-30-16 12:56 PM
    I agree. It might interest other Android users and open up a new market for them.
    The 83% of the market that is not iPhone.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-30-16 at 03:22 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-30-16 02:57 PM
    I am actually surprised to see so many all touch devotees. I'm sticking with an Android Classic
    01-30-16 03:54 PM
    simpel.... NON

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-30-16 03:59 PM
    Tbh it will be near impossible to bring bb10 experience to Android. Just the way Android is.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-30-16 04:05 PM
    Tbh it will be near impossible to bring bb10 experience to Android. Just the way Android is.
    Interesting. With Android being open source and so customizable, I would think things like HUB or peek/flow would be doable.
    01-30-16 04:33 PM
    I Would like a costumized Moto X Pur� Edition

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 04:37 PM
    Interesting. With Android being open source and so customizable, I would think things like HUB or peek/flow would be doable.
    I'm no coder, more of a network guy, but I can tell from posts here they're having a hard time to get it the way it is preferred ... BB10 is just that much smoother..
    01-30-16 05:12 PM
    I'm no coder, more of a network guy, but I can tell from posts here they're having a hard time to get it the way it is preferred ... BB10 is just that much smoother..
    I guess it makes sense that something made for one OS wouldn't equate equally to another.
    zocster likes this.
    01-30-16 05:14 PM
    Played with the priv today at a tmo store. I have to say it's going to be extremely hard when the time comes to adapt to android. It's horribly cluttered with never ending options and it's very unintuitive no matter how much you try and customize to your liking.

The kb buttons felt very cramped tho that may be simply because I've grown accustomed to the pp. The hardware was ok but didn't exactly feel ''premium'' and overall it's a completely different experience that will definitely take getting use to unless someone creates a bb10 launcher that truly mirrors bb10 os in every way.

But to your original question I suppose I'd love to see going forward a pp se edition form factor running the latest android.

Posted via CB10
    SunDevilBB and Kitten219 like this.
    01-30-16 07:11 PM
    I would like an Android BlackBerry Leap. Android and all-touch. The external body does not need any change. The $399 price would be fIne.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    01-30-16 08:04 PM
    Awesome reply. Thank you!
    01-30-16 08:21 PM
    Attachment 390188All these people pining for a BlackBerry android all touch really confuses me...

There are hundreds if not thousands of all touch android phones out there. Why not get one of those? Is it just that you want it to be BlackBerry branded?

To the OP, I'd like an android passport if I'm eventually forced to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Drenegade; 02-04-16 at 12:12 AM.
    zlatno, JeepBB and Witmen like this.
    01-30-16 09:01 PM
    All these people pining for a BlackBerry android all touch really confuses me...

There are hundreds if not thousands of all touch android phones out there. Why not get one of those? Is it just that you want it to be BlackBerry branded?

To the OP, I'd like an android passport if I'm eventually forced to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    I bought a Z10 and loved it even though it was buggy and I had to sideload Android apps. Some did not work well, such as Instagram. Bought the Passport, because it was all that BlackBerry had to offer. I wished it would have been all touch. Now that more Android apps work, and with Insta10, I can see how much I would like an all-touch Android BlackBerry.
    01-30-16 11:15 PM
    Classic with android and BB10 Launcher

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    SunDevilBB likes this.
    01-30-16 11:19 PM
    Assuming that BlackBerry won't release new BlackBerry 10 devices I would buy an affordable BlackBerry android device with competitive specs , otherwise I would buy any other android device due that there are many cheap android devices with acceptable specs. An Android device is an android device even if it is branded by BlackBerry. I buy BlackBerry devices because of BlackBerry 10 OS not because of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-31-16 05:23 AM
    BlackBerry makes the only PKB phone. I can not see legacy owners and Classic owners and even Q10 suddenly rejecting the PKB format because BB10 is gone.

Outside of these pages, consumers either want a PKB or they do not. Most potential buyers look upon BB10 as a reason why not to buy. An all touch Android BlackBerry if it was good and reasonably priced would have even a larger market.
    01-31-16 09:32 AM
    None. How many here have or currently use Android? I have a nice Samsung tablet and it's only used for reading and entertainment after our kids go down. There is simply nothing by any other OS like BlackBerry HUB and email management which is my primary need and one of many reasons I purchase BlackBerry 10 devices. If BlackBerry does not produce another BlackBerry 10 device down the line I'll use my current until no longer viable and then hope for a Surface Pro type phone.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    01-31-16 09:35 AM
    All these people pining for a BlackBerry android all touch really confuses me...

Posted via CB10
    Some of us BlackBerry supporters actually live in Canada, and want to support our homegrown businesses. If I could get a BlackBerry Android phone in an all touch with their styling, and their flavor of launcher, with an as-close-to feel and flow to what I enjoy in their Z30 model, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I still think one is coming. Hopefully by then most of the major issues with their app transition to Android will be worked out.

A lot of people like to continue to buy a manufacturers version of Android because it works for them. They get the look they want with the brand specific apps and launchers that work for them.

If the future of BlackBerry is Android, some, like me, will prefer BlackBerry's version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-16 09:56 AM
    Some of us BlackBerry supporters actually live in Canada, and want to support our homegrown businesses. If I could get a BlackBerry Android phone in an all touch with their styling, and their flavor of launcher, with an as-close-to feel and flow to what I enjoy in their Z30 model, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I still think one is coming. Hopefully by then most of the major issues with their app transition to Android will be worked out.

A lot of people like to continue to buy a manufacturers version of Android because it works for them. They get the look they want with the brand specific apps and launchers that work for them.

If the future of BlackBerry is Android, some, like me, will prefer BlackBerry's version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I live in Canada as well, but I'm not going to blindly support BlackBerry just because of that. Especially with how they've set their pricing.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and TgeekB like this.
    01-31-16 10:43 AM
    I'd say classic or passport style. Why not bring one of the best things about BlackBerry over to android instead of further cluttering the market with another all touch device. That way they can offer something to android that doesn't exist. Make the most productive phone that android has ever seen. Although it seems like android people only care about apps and how big and many cores their phone has so probably won't work anyways. They could at least do it for me! That would make the transition to android that much easier. Catch is the keyboard has to be useful and actually work with the whole os and not just when needed for typing a message.

Posted via CB10
    SunDevilBB likes this.
    01-31-16 03:27 PM
91 123 ...