Does anyone know what Pay as you go plan is the best in Toronto? I mean which carrier provides the most affordable Pay as you go plan/service. I did a google search but all the topics that it found were from 2006..2008 etc. So a lot could have changed since then. Most people seemed to say Fido though.

Thanks for any help!
    10-12-11 01:02 PM
    Telus. It's 20c min when you buy any add on ... like $5 SMS package or $20 for unlimited SMS + 250 Mbt of data.

Another option is 7-11 if you don't use your phone much - because $20 top up lasts for a year, 25c a min.
    10-12-11 01:15 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by add on and top up. In the past I've just used Rogers pay as you go plan and put down $100. But Im not sure if Im getting the best deal or not. How is Telus better?
    10-12-11 01:31 PM
    best pay as you go (best = life of minutes purchased) would be speakout by 7-11.. $10 for the sim.
    $25 gives you 100 minutes for one year.

or

Petro Canada has a similar offer, where you pay less for mins, but they don't last for a year.

both work on Fido/Rogers GSM 2G.

check out their websites.

HTH,
    Mr.C
    10-12-11 01:46 PM
    Are you sure that's the best one? $25 for talking for just over an hour and a half locally seems incredibly expensive. How many texts do u get?
    10-12-11 02:11 PM
    Are you sure that's the best one? $25 for talking for just over an hour and a half locally seems incredibly expensive. How many texts do u get?
    pay as you go usually caters to those who are travelling and won't be using the phone much anyway, or to those who need an active line (like seniors who like to have a phone in case of an emergency) so $0.25 (or $0.20/min) is as cheap as it gets with no strings attached and paying $25/year for a phone is affordable.

I believe texts are pay per use at $0.10/each both ways.

If you're looking for a cheap plan because 100/min are not enough, there are plans out there that cost $15/month, unlimited local... and nothing else.

I guess your intended usage would determine what plan you need.
    10-12-11 03:40 PM
    Thanx for letting me know.

So isnt the Telus plan the cheapest then since it's 20 cents a minute and the 711 plan is 25 cents a minute? Also is it possible to get a prepaid Telus plan that doesnt expire after a month? With Rogers if you pay $100 it lasts for a year.
    10-12-11 03:48 PM
    I think I will go with 711 for now but I have a few more questions...

Can I buy the plan/sim online or do I have to goto a 711?

Are there any forms I have to fill out?

Is there a way I can choose my own phone number?
    11-21-11 09:40 AM
    I think I will go with 711 for now but I have a few more questions...

Can I buy the plan/sim online or do I have to goto a 711?

Are there any forms I have to fill out?

Is there a way I can choose my own phone number?

I'd suggest you called speakout to confirm if you can pick up a sim in store

no forms to fill out... nothing at all.

as for picking your own phone number, that would be a very high "unlikely", *unless* the call center has a few they can pick from *if* that's the only way to get it (vs picking up in store)

HTH,
    Mr.C
    11-21-11 03:26 PM
    Is there a way to get my number first from another place? What if I already had a phone number wouldnt I be able to transfer it over to 711 speakout? So can I get my number somewhere else first and then transfer it to 711? If so, where can I get it from? thanks!!
    11-21-11 04:18 PM
    Windmobile, Mobilicity. You'll need to have a tmobile AWS 1700 blackberry to use it on their networks though. Service is great.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 using Tapatalk @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 05:40 PM
    Wind is the best deal. You have to buy the sim card but $30 for everything is a great deal. If you're on T-Mo you should be good to go if your phone is unlocked.
    11-21-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD