I am getting a BlackBerry and I don't know if I should use BlackBerry Messenger or something else.
    I currently use Trillian on my computer, because of my multiple accounts. So I don't know what to use.
    06-13-08 11:46 PM
    I hear Jivetalk is good, and I think it also links all you screen names together like Trillian does. I'm not totally sure though, but I see people recommend it all the time. I use AIM and BB Messenger. BBM is an internal IM app that allows people with blackberries to IM each other, so basically it only works for people who have blackberries.
    06-14-08 12:05 AM
    JiveTalk hands down.. I gave you the link to download their free trial so you can see for yourself what's all the fuzz about. BB messenger is also good since it uses data but you'd have to find people with BB and share PIN with them... which shouldn't be too difficult here. lol
    Last edited by Edd; 06-14-08 at 12:29 AM.
    06-14-08 12:06 AM
    JiveTalk baby! AOL, MSN, gmail, yahoo all on a data plan!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 12:10 AM
    Just once, I'd like to see someone recommend JiveTalk with the reasons why. As opposed to JiveTalk is the best.

If it's the best, it should not be that hard to articulate the advantages.

Or at least point to a thread that does.
    06-14-08 12:11 AM
    The reason why jivetalk is the best is because it links all your accounts in one place, it looks real nice on your screen, its very easy to use, it never signs you out unless u tell it to, and even tho its like 20 dollars jivetalk is worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 08:35 AM
    The reason why jivetalk is the best is because it links all your accounts in one place, it looks real nice on your screen, its very easy to use, it never signs you out unless u tell it to, and even tho its like 20 dollars jivetalk is worth it.
    Thank you so much. That will help the OP immensely, I'm sure.
    06-14-08 08:41 AM
    Thanks Guys
    06-14-08 09:29 PM
    Just once, I'd like to see someone recommend JiveTalk with the reasons why. As opposed to JiveTalk is the best.

If it's the best, it should not be that hard to articulate the advantages.

Or at least point to a thread that does.
    I'm pretty sure that I wrote up a benefit to why to use jive talk...all those IM clients and they use data plan instead of sms charges...but i digress...
    06-14-08 09:48 PM
    I'm new to the BlackBerry platform, but I really liked Palringo on my PPC. They have a java version for BlackBerry and it's free so take a look.
    06-14-08 09:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure that I wrote up a benefit to why to use jive talk...all those IM clients and they use data plan instead of sms charges...but i digress...
    You did. But I know if I were new I'd be looking for a better explanation
    that a single benefit. All I'm saying is it doesn't do the new
    user any good to simply hear "it's the best". That is a subjective
    viewpoint. Not looking for a full scale review, but if were trying
    to help, then let's really help.
    I digress with ya
    06-14-08 10:37 PM
    i didn't want to hog the thread all to myself! lol!
    06-14-08 10:41 PM
    however jivetalk drains ur battery so effin fast!!!! but i would still recommend it!
    06-14-08 11:21 PM
    i didn't want to hog the thread all to myself! lol!
    I feel ya. Just my opinion. Treat it the way my wife does.
    Ignore it
    06-14-08 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";