Hi! I'm Whitney! I am a Sprint customer and I used to have a Blackberry from 2004-2010. Last year, I decided to "keep up with the Joneses" and go to Android, but still had my cute little purple BB Curve 8530 just in case.

So now we're in 2011, and I currently have the Samsung Epic (with my upgrade) and I regret. I'm not all for the fancy stuff...just keep things simple...like Blackberry. So I will be returning to the Blackberry Team as soon as possible!
    (Sadly I can't swap again w/ Sprint with my upgrade...so I might have to trade the Epic or buy off Ebay or Craigslist or trade it in...)

Anyway, I am a 25 year old on the go...with work and other organizations I deal with on a daily basis, and I'd like to know if my BB Curve 8530 is the best for me, or the BB Tour 9630 or BB Bold 9650? I love emailing, texting, calling while out doing field work, and of course...Tweeting. lol and I miss BBM!!!

Thanks for your responses in advance!
    04-24-11 08:41 PM
    well I have not used a curve but if you can type on your curve and feel good with it then that is all you need. The bolds and tours have better cameras but really they all do the same thing. The bold may have a bit better screen but none will handle email better then any other that I know of. Texting is texting so as long as its working why change except to feel you have the latest and greatest. I had the 9630 and got the 9780 because I changed carriers, but this phone does nothing better then my older one did.
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 09:02 PM
    This post reminds me of Romy and Michelle, when they asked for the business woman lunch special. LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:02 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9650.
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:03 PM
    definitely bold
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:17 PM
    Hello Whitney and welcome to the forums!

If I was you, I would wait a month or so and see RIM's 2011 lineup. They say some really cool devices will be launched.

You may want to check http://crackberry.com/blackberry-roa...aign=community
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:18 PM
    Go with the bold. Honestly though wait for the new ones to come out. Sell your current android phone- you may get more than you paid for it, and buy the one of the new blackberries. You can use RIM's trade up program to trade it in for a the new blackberry as well.
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:34 PM
    If you just want to get a new device and your limiting it to those 2 devices then I would choose the 9650. The 9630 is limited to 8gbs sd cards. If storage isn't an issue it looks like you can pretty much choose by price. They are fairly comparable in performance.

WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-24-11 10:43 PM
    I would wait for the new BBs coming out later this year. Honestly there isn't much difference between what is out now and your Curve except for maybe a camera or a bit more memory. Now once like the Bold Touch lands it will be so much better and you will be glad you saved your upgrade.
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-25-11 03:07 AM
    Definitely wait for the new BBs if you can. Use your Curve until then. I'm so glad you've seen the Blackberry light. Welcome back!
    WhitneyAC likes this.
    04-25-11 06:23 AM
    I was recently using a Curve myself because I decided to go back to Blackberry like you and while it certainly gets the job done, it just isn't as good as the Bold line. Utlimately you have to do what's right for you and also what you can afford to do. The Curve is a nice phone but the screen and the rest of the device just aren't nearly as good. I really wanted the better screen of the Bold and the it also feels a lot more solid. So in short, if you can manage it, get the Bold. If not, the Curve can certainly get it done. They both do the same things; the Bold just does it better. Oh yah, I didn't want any of the touch screen Blackberries as part of the point of going back to Blackberry is its amazing battery life. Any touchscreen phone is going to be a drag ont he battery. As for waiting for the new BBs, that's also an option but as you should probably know by now, no matter when you buy a phone, there is ALWAYS something better coming out. Why wait?

P.S. I now have the coveted Bold 9780 and am VERY happy
    Last edited by clitrenta; 04-25-11 at 06:51 AM.
    04-25-11 06:47 AM
    Cdma curve 3g has same ram and storage as a bold. Only the screen and camera are different enough to be a factor to most people... Imo.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    04-25-11 08:24 AM
    Since you are a Sprint customer, why not look into the Style (assuming you want a "flip" phone)?
    04-25-11 08:50 AM
    I think you might have the option of waiting a few months in order to get the new devices. If I'm right, just wait a bit, if you can. I have the 9650 through work, and it's a great working horse type of phone. That said, you may be interested in one of the newer devices.

04-25-11 09:15 AM
    Like everyone said, I'd go with the Bold, the style is really nice too. But doesn't make sense to pay $200 for a phone that is about to be E.O.L. Use the BB Curve for a few month, sell ur Android phone and use that $$ to get your next BB. Welcome back!!!
    04-25-11 10:14 AM
    +1 on waiting. This is the summer of new devices hitting the market, so if you can wait a couple of months, there should be something out that will blow away the current offerings.

BlackBerry World is coming up soon. They should be announcing at least one new device (if not more) during that event.
    04-25-11 10:18 AM
    You all are very awesome! First of all thanks for all of your replies! I am happy to have come back to Blackberry World...I missed it ever so much. I now have the Blackberry Bold and I am in love and can't put it down. I feel at peace to have my Blackberry again. :-)

Reunited and it feels to gooooood....!
    04-29-11 04:13 PM
    Buying a BlackBerry is such a nice gift to give yourself!

04-29-11 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD