I don't typically plug websites but this post is worth while and yes has been answered a few times on this forum but this write seemed to be very well lined up and deserved a solid post

Super Moderator Joolie at the Port3101 forum answers a question that BES administrators have been asked many times: �What can my BES administrator see on my personal device if I connect it to the BES?�

The article doesn�t seem to specify whether Joolie is running BES 5.0. Some administrators will wait for the 2nd service pack before committing to a full upgrade.

What syncs/is stored/is accessed by the BES includes:

* Corporate email
    * Corporate calendar
    * Corporate PIM data (address book, memo pad, tasks)
    * Browser bookmarks
    * Password Keeper data (although this cannot be accessed in any way, even when restored to another device, without the PK password)
    * PIN messaging data (including the actual message sent/received); logging turned off by default
    * Phone call data (date/time of call, number called/received, length of call); loggined turned on by default
    * Text message data (including the actual verbage of the text message); logging turned off by default
    * Blackberry Messenger data (this one is extremely klunky to get and I don�t know a single BES Admin that turns this one on)
    * All applications installed on the device (games, stock apps, etc.)
    * OS version installed on the device (so we�ll know if you upgraded to a beta OS!)

In addition anything that is a part of automatic wireless backup could *technically* be viewed by performing a restore to a new device.

What a BES Admin can�t see:

* BIS email messages (I *might* be able to see what service books you have, but cannot read the messages)
    * 3rd party IM messages (Yahoo!, MSN, etc), although I can see which of these applications you have installed.
    * BlackBerry Messenger contact names/PINs
    06-02-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD