Dear crackberry user

For me which has been using BB for 4 years on a nation ( Indonesia ) that BB is the main smartphone market ( BB craze around 80% of anyone i knew is using blackberry ) is making me think
    1. Do BBM PIN still exist on other phone ( as far as i know BBM PIN is locked on the handset ) so 1 ID on each contact ( whatsapp making me confused if my friend has more than 1 number )
    2. Do BBM features like videochat, D & R status message will still be on the other platform

Now i'm using good ol 9780, but lately is becoming too slow & laggy for me and i want to change to Z10 ( we do have a Z10 supply shortage on Indonesia ) and eager to buy it as soon as it restocked on the stores

But if BBM is cross platforming in this summer then i'd jump now to a HTC One or Galaxy S4, gotta admit BB handset isn't the best handset on the market today

So i don't know what Thorsten thinks about when he thinks crossplatforming BBM
    05-14-13 10:43 AM
    BBM isn't dependent on the PIN anymore, it's by your BBID. Get a new phone, sign in with your BBID, and a few seconds later all your BBM contacts appear. I'd imagine it will work that way for iOS and Droid too...they simply create a BBID, and they'll be good to go.

And yes, from what Thor and Kevin have said/written, BBM, BBMVoice, BBMVideo & BBMChannels will be available on all OS.
    nico2004 and BillyBreathes like this.
    05-14-13 10:54 AM
    Dear crackberry user

For me which has been using BB for 4 years on a nation ( Indonesia ) that BB is the main smartphone market ( BB craze around 80% of anyone i knew is using blackberry ) is making me think
    1. Do BBM PIN still exist on other phone ( as far as i know BBM PIN is locked on the handset ) so 1 ID on each contact ( whatsapp making me confused if my friend has more than 1 number )
    2. Do BBM features like videochat, D & R status message will still be on the other platform

Now i'm using good ol 9780, but lately is becoming too slow & laggy for me and i want to change to Z10 ( we do have a Z10 supply shortage on Indonesia ) and eager to buy it as soon as it restocked on the stores

But if BBM is cross platforming in this summer then i'd jump now to a HTC One or Galaxy S4, gotta admit BB handset isn't the best handset on the market today

I agree with u

My sexy Z10
    05-14-13 11:03 AM
    Dear crackberry user

you joined just to say that? can we have a mod compare IP addresses to all of these posts? I'm incredibly interested to see if they're coming from NYC. Gellar is freaking out on his site and twitter over this. Saying very similar things. I know for a fact he has made dozens of accounts on this site before baiting people.
    05-14-13 12:03 PM
    Dear crackberry user

im also from indonesia

just like you several days ago i am planning to upgrade my BB from curve to cheaper os7 or BB10 device ( when its available) . but right now i dont think i need to, i already have android phone.
    05-14-13 12:54 PM
    Cheers for that guys.
    If you want a superior UI with an OS that's just starting so will have huge advancement and exciting times in the very near future, we'll be glad to see you back.
    Well done BlackBerry, long overdue.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-14-13 01:34 PM
    will it be a free app?
    05-14-13 03:23 PM
    I'm very happy. I believe BB has a master plan for doing this that they've yet to reveal. I'm just happy because now BBM will be infinitely more useful to me seeing how absolutely no one I know here in the states has a BB.
    05-14-13 03:35 PM
    Only platform offering it's native messaging tool on other platforms so we can chat with others and BlackBerry can win them over once they see the power of BBM. What will they think of their platforms when they see us sharing our screens etc via BBM? They will get a real taste of what BlackBerry is made of and will want to join us.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:29 PM
    So much fail with the OP

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:34 PM
    Benar Z10 kosong stocknya? Di daerah kamu atau serata negara? Maaf basa, saya dari malaysia.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-14-13 05:17 PM
    should be empty stock all over the country except if you want to buy unauthorized warranty BB ( unlegit distributor )

so much for the topic bashing

but seriously i'm happy that i could use HTC or Samsung and still BBMing with my friends
    so actually it's a good news

Benar Z10 kosong stocknya? Di daerah kamu atau serata negara? Maaf basa, saya dari malaysia.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-14-13 06:49 PM
    Well that's cute for you, sir.

Video and voice won't be available initially for the iOS and Android apps. I must say that I don't think the experience of BBM on iOS and Android will be comparable to the experience on a BlackBerry. I'm sure BlackBerry will optimize the app for each platform, but for some reason I foresee an influx of groups, chats, etc. and on a phone that can't handle it. Who knows with these octo-core phones they should be fine.
    05-14-13 10:58 PM
    So much fail with the OP

Posted via CB10
    gonna go racist again?
    xandermac likes this.
    05-15-13 10:24 AM
    gonna go racist again?
    Wana get off my ***...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:25 PM
    Wana get off my ***...

Posted via CB10

Sure. Stop posting crap so you stick out like a sore thumb.

Oh and check your posts....you seemed to have no problem trying to discredit my posts...could have worked maybe if you had half a clue about all the android stuff you kept trying to bash.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:36 PM
    will it be a free app?
    According to what Thor announced, yes.
    05-17-13 07:56 AM
    you joined just to say that? can we have a mod compare IP addresses to all of these posts? I'm incredibly interested to see if they're coming from NYC. Gellar is freaking out on his site and twitter over this. Saying very similar things. I know for a fact he has made dozens of accounts on this site before baiting people.
    If he does, that's really sad.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-17-13 08:00 AM
    The hell with any app available to only one platform. Heins is basically holding out welcome arms to all other platforms to give BlackBerry, or bbm specifically, an opportunity for use to those customers.

We also saw something like this with the "experience bb10 on your Android or iOS" application.

It's all part of a much larger picture.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:08 AM
    will it be a free app?
    Yes

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-17-13 08:55 AM
    05-17-13 10:03 AM
    Lol, it's a view, and the author has put it across in no uncertain terms.
    There's plenty to disagree with,but then it lines up nicely with the views you've repeatedly expressed, so I'm sure you would find it a good read!
    In my opinion, it's an opinion piece passed off as fact, and I hate those sorts of articles.
    mark37724 likes this.
    05-17-13 01:02 PM
    Saying it was a good read. That's all. But I am of the view that they are giving the milk away when they will do this. Thankfully they said this summer. Knowing BlackBerry they are right now trying to figure out a way of delaying this summer till 2017

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-17-13 01:19 PM
    Saying it was a good read. That's all. But I am of the view that they are giving the milk away when they will do this. Thankfully they said this summer. Knowing BlackBerry they are right now trying to figure out a way of delaying this summer till 2017

Posted via CB10
    Haha can't argue with your last line.
    05-17-13 03:51 PM