What model currently available in US is most reliable - meaning it will work w/o trouble under normal conditions for at least two years.? I have Curve 8900 and having trouble. Still a year left in TMo contract. Very disappointed in BB.
    05-16-10 08:12 PM
    All phones will encounter a problem, regardless of what it is.
    05-16-10 08:35 PM
    This is very subjective and will yield a lot of different answers, but the device I've seen the least amount of issues with is the Bold 9700. Of course that is software and hardware is mind; not network.

I am on AT&T and have never dropped a call on my 9700 due to the network issues.
    05-16-10 08:38 PM
    All phones will encounter a problem, regardless of what it is.
    That is an untrue statement as I've never had an issue with my 9700 with how it functions.
    05-16-10 08:39 PM
    All of them have their individual quirks and issues. The 8900 unfortunately suffered from a rather severe track ball issue, thereby soiling it's reputation. A shame, as this was an excellent phone except for that issue. Also, the answer depends on what carrier you are with as not all Blackberrys are carried by all carriers. If you are staying with T-Mobile, stay tuned as there should be some good news about new Blackberrys in the near future.
    05-16-10 08:40 PM
    What kind of problems are you having? Is the network issues? Than it would depend on your area.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-16-10 08:42 PM
    That is an untrue statement as I've never had an issue with my 9700 with how it functions.
    Well, it depends on how you treat the phone, how old it is, what you do with it and such. But not every phone is going to be perfectly working for 2 years.

I've had my 8900 for less than a yr and I've had to get it replaced twice already.

And I treat my phone like it's my child, ha
    05-16-10 08:45 PM
    What kind of problems are you having? Is the network issues? Than it would depend on your area.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Keys not responding at random times. I have Tmo, and live in Alabama. Network does not seem to be the issue.
    05-16-10 08:51 PM
    Well, it depends on how you treat the phone, how old it is, what you do with it and such. But not every phone is going to be perfectly working for 2 years.

I've had my 8900 for less than a yr and I've had to get it replaced twice already.

that's not good news for me. I used to keep mine in pocket or in car - but no more - too many chances for crumbs and junk to get inside.
    05-16-10 08:56 PM
    I have had the 9000 for almost a year and half, the only reason that I had to get a new one, was due to the fact that it got dropped and broke beyond repair. I never had any issues with my bold. I just upgraded my new one to OS 5.0 and love it more than ever. Don't plan on giving it up any time soon in less the slider is what they say its going to be... I'm on AT&T by the way.
    05-16-10 08:56 PM

Not saying there aren't any issues; but that it is possible to not have issues with a device.

I feel like a bad parent with how I've treated my 9700 as well. Has a couple beauty marks
    05-16-10 09:03 PM
    Not saying there aren't any issues; but that it is possible to not have issues with a device.

I feel like a bad parent with how I've treated my 9700 as well. Has a couple beauty marks
    Well, this is true, lol. you could probably have a trouble free device, though it is rare, i guess. some people though never have problems, but most of us have some slight problems with phones, all the time. meh

lol, i don't use anything to cover mine, i just make sure i don't put it in a pocket that has keys, or loose change and i just never drop things like that, ha
    05-16-10 09:06 PM
    Ive had about every GSM model that RIM has produced to date, and IMO, the 9700 tops them all.
    05-16-10 09:14 PM

And also, my phone refuses to upgrade to a 5.0 OS :/
    05-16-10 09:14 PM
    A device being considered dependable can be largely due to the person using it. Of course there are devices that come with hardware defects and sometimes the software may be buggy, but I have found that a lot of the issues that people have with their BlackBerry smartphones really have little to do with the device, but how the user operates it. I guess in theory some of the older devices using stable software would be more dependable. But the hardware on the newer devices are a lot better. It also depends what you are using the device for asnd carrier would be a variable to consider as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:12 PM
    The physical devices are all practically the same. If anything matters, its the operating system. Besides, if you keep your BlackBerry for more than a year, RIM will make sure its outdated since they have made a habit out of replacing their devices well within a year. I still have a Pearl 8100 and Curve 8320 that work flawlessly. If your device can't last a year, chances are it's not the device, but rather the user.

05-18-10 09:36 PM
    My 8900, a true workhorse lasted well. Had to replace the housing / trackball several times to keep it respectable, but it ran super well and had no issues.

9000 imo has the most chance of failing with its hot battery.

9500 had a load of OS problems.

05-19-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD