My iPhone friends are giving me the raspberries (or should I say blackberries) about how many more choices there are for apps on their platform. It doesn't matter to me if you have 10million apps available - it's the ones that make a difference to you.

For me - I like Associated Press, WSJ, AccuWeather, WeatherTrax - (still not completely sold on these two weather apps but they are ok) Reboot, Pandora, Poynt, Crackberry (of course ), battery booster, battery watch and back flashlight apps the most useful.

What BB apps do you find most useful?
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 09-28-12 at 07:41 PM.
    09-28-12 07:37 PM
    That is the only argument they have against BlackBerry. My favorite app is BeBuzz, thinking about trying WSJ.
    09-28-12 07:49 PM
    Weather plus is my most used App.
    09-28-12 07:53 PM
    My most used apps on android are.

Feedly
    Pocketcasts
    Google music
    comics
    Pocket
    taptalk
    Tweedle
    Google+
    Facebook
    gmail
    youtube
    09-28-12 07:57 PM
    BB protect, tapatalk, panorama ultimate, advance os and led, crackberry, accountbook, chatlockpro, homee screen notes, telemark free sat nav
    Last edited by blackberry9360user; 09-29-12 at 05:24 PM.
    09-28-12 07:58 PM
    "It doesn't matter to me if you have 10million apps available - it's the ones that make a difference to you."

And "it's the the ones that make a difference" apps that we're missing.
    09-28-12 08:00 PM
    I find most BB developed apps to be most useful. BBTraffic was an excellent addition and for a while I used it a lot until I got a car with navi. Another favorite I thought I'd have no use for was BBTravel. It would pull my emailed itineraries and gave me reminders. Even when I didn't travel, it kept me up to date on my wife's flights so I would know when to pick her up at the airport or if her flight was delayed. It could use some eTicketing options though, that'd be even more awesome. Those two are my faves even though at first I thought I'd never use them.
    09-28-12 08:02 PM
    BB Traffic, BB Protect, Berryweather, Poynt, Scoremobile, Pandora and Tunein Radio.
    09-28-12 08:42 PM
    Bb traffic, bb protect, TD bank, marriott and crackberry!!
    09-28-12 09:22 PM
    My go to apps:

BeWeather / Blackstar / Poynt / BB News / BeReader / Telenav GPS / Pandora / BePopup / Six Tools / One Touch Flashlight / Backlight Pro / WiFi Manager / Atomichelix Notify / Assortment of Finance Apps.

Of course, my use of these apps pales in comparison to my use of the various messaging options, e-mail, and phone. I can honestly say that my 9900 does everything that I want it to and it does it well.
    09-29-12 12:31 AM
    all the apps that i want i get on my blackberry so im happy! my most used are: blackberry travel, poynt, quickweather, air canada, advanced os and led and tunein radio.
    Last edited by up488; 09-29-12 at 09:25 AM.
    09-29-12 12:48 AM
    Mine are ;
    1)Fancy smiley
    2)Screen grabber
    3)Battery booster
    4)Whatsapp
    5)Battery watch
    6)Phone tracker
    7)Facebook
    8)Twitter
    9)Opera mini
    10)BBM viewer
    09-29-12 01:01 AM
    Beweather. Bb traffic. Nobex radio.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 01:50 AM
    In terms of apps that aren't available on the iPhone, my favourites are BeBuzz, which everyone knows, and MyOwnHotKeys. MOHK allows me to remap the homescreen keyboard shortcuts to pretty much launch any app I want. It's highly recommended!
    09-29-12 03:59 AM
    The apps that I use the most would be ScoreMobile, NFL Mobile, WeatherChannel, FaceBook, Twitter, Kobo, GolfLogix (not so much anymore. I do it manually now usually haha), and then that's about it I guess. I wish they had the PGA Tour app for BlackBerry, but I can just use the mobile site.
    09-29-12 06:50 AM
    BeBuzz/Advance OS and LED. I love the ability to assign different LED colours to different notifications.

Say I have my BB on the table, my phone vibrates due to a new notification, I can choose to take ACTION if it's "red" for calendar events or light blue for BBM, I can ignore "purple" because it'd be a group chat in Whatsapp or BBM with 8 to 20 people.

The main point is, I don't have to press a button every time or have the screen light up (and waste battery life) I get a notification.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 06:56 AM
    BBM - I literally start my day on it and stay on it as my last conscious thought
    BeBuzz
    BeWeather
    BB Traffic
    Banking apps
    BB Travel
    Password Keeper

The rest are platform agnostic...Google Maps, Latitude, Poynt, YouTube, FB, Twitter, etc.

Don't use any of the music apps. God created iPods for that.
    09-29-12 07:39 AM
    BBM the most useful and used one for me
    Beweather
    Protect
    Meterberry
    09-29-12 08:06 AM
    BeBuzz. I also really enjoy and use Car's Loan Calculator. Great for any kind of monthly loan payment scenario.
    09-29-12 09:17 AM
    Those that have "protect", what does it do? I searched but it doesn't appear to be available with Enterprise service. If that is not the case, which one do you have and what is the cost, if any, and most importantly does it work?
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 09-29-12 at 03:42 PM.
    09-29-12 03:39 PM
    Wunderlist is a great list making app. What makes it even better is it's cross platform.
    It syncs on my PC / Playbook / 9700. It is also free.
    Last edited by nnomad; 09-29-12 at 04:36 PM.
    09-29-12 03:57 PM
    Ok I'll play too.
    Wow, you never see these threads get 20 posts deep without mentioning QuickLaunch, or maybe ShrotCutMe.

Leaving out native apps…
    •QuickLaunch
    •ExtraKeys (stripped-down version of SixTools)
    •BeBuzz (prev BerryBuzz)
    •Fancy Characters
    •Pageonce Pro
    •Poynt
    •PayByPhone
    •BeWeather (prev BerryWeather)
    •MeterBerry
    •BatteryEx
    •WhatsApp

Of course, the big shortcoming of BBOS vs other smartphone platforms is games.
    Current favourites on BB handheld are:
    •Fruit Slash - full ver (formerly Fruit Ninja)
    •Jumbles
    •Juminja Free
    •BrickBreaker, when feeling nostalgic…
    •Bomberman vs Zombies
    09-29-12 04:31 PM
    Those that have "protect", what does it do? I searched but it doesn't appear to be available with Enterprise service. If that is not the case, which one do you have and what is the cost, if any, and most importantly does it work?
    Protect will:
    •backup Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Browser Bookmarks, Text Messages, Password Keeper, and Wi-Fi profiles
    •backup on demand and/or user-defined schedule, i.e. daily, weekly, monthly
    •remote backup & wipe if BB is lost (as long as BB is turned on, obviously)
    •show device location on Protect website

Take a look here:
    Check out BlackBerry Protect in App World!

Protect is not available to BES users.
    Most (if not all) Protect features can be configured by your admin. Some admins don't know Locator function is available. It's not easily accessible (unless there's been an update), but it can be configured.
    09-29-12 05:07 PM
    BBM
    Advance OS and LED
    Fancy Smiley
    Whatsapp
    imo
    TweetCaster
    Operamini
    Thats all i use regularly.
    09-30-12 04:55 AM
    Advance os led

Afrigisnavigator: free gps navigation with voice and bis friendly. Saves me money...blackberry rules!

Shazam
    SA Weather
    Nuxdownloader: bis friendly...I use it to download hybrid BB os when needed.
    09-30-12 06:25 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD