What's going on here? Why does Whatsapp still bother upgrading the app for bb10 ? Surely there isn't enough of us using it for them to justify it.

What gives? !

Posted via BBM Premium
    04-25-15 02:49 AM
    I am so happy that whatsapp still updating their app and support BlackBerry. 95% of my colleagues use this app and it's a must for me to have it updated.

On a contrary, if you don't want it? Uninstall is the answer.

 Passport�
    Last edited by KorChi_JapThai; 04-25-15 at 03:13 AM.
    Rjinswand, extisis and jdesignz like this.
    04-25-15 03:01 AM
    I'm sure it was sarcasm. The idea is if WhatsApp is continuing to support and develop their app (and like it or hate it, they have been doing a fantastic job with their updates) then they clearly find value in developing for the Blackberry 10 community, and as such other developers, like Snapchat, could do the same.

Work Wide and Prosper
    04-25-15 03:08 AM
    I am so happy that whatsapp still updating their app and support BlackBerry. 95% of my colleagues use this app and it's a must for me to have it updated.

On a contrary, if you don't want it? Uninstall is the answer.

 Passport�
    +1
    *thumbup*

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.1.2708)
    04-25-15 03:09 AM
    What's going on here? Why does Whatsapp still bother upgrading the app for bb10 ? Surely there isn't enough of us using it for them to justify it.

What gives? !

Posted via BBM Premium
    I am totally shock too. I was looking forward to switching to an iPhone but they just keep updating the app making it better and better. Now I have to seriously consider getting a brand new Z10 if I can get it for a hundred bucks.

I'd been talking to quite a few friends on iPhones since their call feature was available yesterday. Call quality is too good to be missed.
    04-25-15 03:50 AM
    They are trying to kill bbm at the source and are doing a good job at it.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, Troy Tiscareno and Q10Bold like this.
    04-25-15 05:08 AM

What gives? !

Posted via BBM Premium
    Because they can.

And stop calling us Shirley. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    donnation and TGR1 like this.
    04-25-15 05:52 AM
    BlackBerry users should be grateful, if they didn't, it would cut us off from the rest of the world lol.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-25-15 06:01 AM
    BlackBerry users should be grateful, if they didn't, it would cut us off from the rest of the world lol.
    Not sure I agree. Obama and Clinton are not going to communicate with each other using Whatsapp on their BlackBerrys. There are almost .5 million, mostly positive, reviews of BBM on BBW. In my case, I love BBM and all my friends, family and colleagues use it with me after I invited them. Those on other platforms mostly already had the BBM app. Hope BBM continues to stay ahead in features as Facebook company seeks world domination of messaging.

TCB on Z10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    04-25-15 06:53 AM
    Not sure I agree. Obama and Clinton are not going to communicate with each other using Whatsapp on their BlackBerrys. There are almost .5 million, mostly positive, reviews of BBM on BBW. In my case, I love BBM and all my friends, family and colleagues use it with me after I invited them. Those on other platforms mostly already had the BBM app. Hope BBM continues to stay ahead in features as Facebook company seeks world domination of messaging.

TCB on Z10
    Lol well if Obama and Clinton aren't using WhatsApp then God knows no one should be using it.

And cross platform WhatsApp is a better messenger than BBM hands down.
    04-25-15 07:03 AM
    I think WhatsApp's business model/goal is to be available for every platform.

However, they could have given us a feature-lacking, barely-working, basic messaging app and said "it's available for BlackBerry 10!"... sort of like what BBM did on iOS and still does on Windows Phone.

So I'm always impressed and grateful that they are very active in their development of our BB10 version, and have mostly maintained feature parity (in fact, we have had more features than iOS at times).

No need to bash WhatsApp for the incredible lack of execution of the BBM team.

Posted via CB10
    Bishkin, Q10Bold, LazyEvul and 2 others like this.
    04-25-15 07:13 AM
    Whatsapp also has an owner with incredibly deep pockets.
    04-25-15 08:03 AM
    I think WhatsApp's business model/goal is to be available for every platform.
    = Facebook company seeks to dominate world messaging. Resistance is futile. But BBM is trying and it's free.

TCB on Z10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    04-25-15 08:10 AM
    There are a lot of people out there in the rest of the world. And, I will tell you a secret, at least 6 billion more. Now what are the chances of the next one there buying a Blackberry?
    04-25-15 08:42 AM
    Looking at the pace of Whatsapp's updates, BB10 fixes need to play catch up.
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    04-25-15 08:47 AM
    Actually, I appreciate having multiple messengers. Don't have the intention to wipe all and concentrate on one.

At least, WhatsApp is the only third-party messenger that's very well dedicated. So yeah I hate them for that!! (rips out Viber).

Passport | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 | Globe PH
    jdesignz likes this.
    04-25-15 08:54 AM
    = Facebook company seeks to dominate world messaging. Resistance is futile. But BBM is trying and it's free.

TCB on Z10
    Used to be free, and a great messaging platform. Now it is "free" with ads constant harassment of new sticker packs. Notice how WhatsApp is more concerned about growing than monetization, while BlackBerry is more concerned about monetization and cheapening the experience over growth.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Last edited by lnichols; 04-25-15 at 11:00 AM.
    Magnetox, marty314, Witmen and 1 others like this.
    04-25-15 10:42 AM
    I have used WhatsApp and did not like the fact that it automatically pulls up the contacts that has it etc. Privacy is an issue for me since there are some folks I would not like to be in contact with. I like more control over what I do and not have FB, Google etc data mining my information to make things easier for me. It is a fine line between staying relevant and being careful about what is given up for the sakes of convenience. And with some of my overseas friends, we had issues with international phone numbers etc.

Posted via Classic
    BerrySoul likes this.
    04-25-15 10:49 AM
    They're a prime example of what should be done. They are actually listening to our feedback and constantly improving the app and adding new features, while the people behind BBM just look for thinks to charge for.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    04-25-15 11:04 AM
    BBM voice calling is high quality, it has better security and it is fast. It lacks the ability to send larger files greater than just 16 mb. BBM channels are awesome tho.

  
    04-25-15 01:15 PM
    They're a prime example of what should be done. They are actually listening to our feedback and constantly improving the app and adding new features, while the people behind BBM just look for thinks to charge for.
    So maybe they might eventually get some of the things BBM has like pinging, timed messages, etc. It took them years to get a read confirmation so they are not exactly fast and, presently, it is Whatsapp that charges for basic use, not BBM.

TCB on Z10
    04-25-15 02:13 PM
    Dude I think you should be happy about it. They are supporting BB10 and releasing updates. These devs are loyal unlike the others (Instagram, Snap chat, Kik) etc... So it's nice etc know they believe in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:33 PM
    So it's nice etc know they believe in BlackBerry.
    Yeah, I agree but "Don't ever knock a BlackBerry guy's BBM".

TCB on Z10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    04-25-15 04:40 PM
    Well they are still continuing to upgrade the sybian version too

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:45 PM
    I just think it's weird that they update their app for us so often. It's a pretty good strategy though cutting blackberry off at the knees

Posted via BBM Premium
    TCB on Z10 and Magnetox like this.
    04-26-15 12:13 AM
35 12