Its not entertaining when you have people repeating themselves.

Its not entertaining When you can tell people are angry as **** just by how there post sounds.
    Everyones proved there point in the 33 pages its taken, so this thread is pointless now.
    07-18-08 03:04 AM
    Also Mr.12 should re-evaluate his idea of entertainment. And should be in bed at midnite too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 10:44 AM
    Also Mr.12 should re-evaluate his idea of entertainment. And should be in bed at midnite too.

i was up watching a movie and checked the forums before i turned my computer off and then went to bed. anyway who are you to tell me what time i should go to bed?
    Last edited by branden3112; 07-18-08 at 10:57 AM.
    07-18-08 10:54 AM
    A BB for what? to play on myspace and facebook?
    heck no. must be atleast working to get thier own BB
    07-18-08 11:10 AM
    A BB for what? to play on myspace and facebook?
    heck no. must be atleast working to get thier own BB
    i use it to organize school stuff, type reports, text, im, email, research online, read the news, and games plus some other programs but i dont use them as much. i dont even have facebook installed on my blackberry.
    07-18-08 11:15 AM
    i use it to organize school stuff, type reports, text, im, email, research online, read the news, and games plus some other programs but i dont use them as much. i dont even have facebook installed on my blackberry.
    not much you can say as a reply to that, now can you?
    07-18-08 05:30 PM
    if you haven't noticed....it looks like everyone is done with this thread...its dead.
    07-18-08 06:15 PM
    if you haven't noticed....it looks like everyone is done with this thread...its dead.
    its not dead there are 200,000 members on this forum and i think each member should have a chance to share their opinion.
    07-18-08 08:53 PM
    its not dead there are 200,000 members on this forum and i think each member should have a chance to share their opinion.
    is anybody with me???????
    07-18-08 11:37 PM
    lol that must be a No if nobody has responded in how long?

Give it up kid.
    07-18-08 11:41 PM
    My opinion is anyone under the age of 18 owning a phone that costs most than $100 is spoiled.
    Totally agree.
    07-18-08 11:46 PM
    Totally agree.
    even if they pay for it and the actual phone was free?
    07-18-08 11:47 PM
    when it come down to that, the bb is just a phone, a really awesome phone but a phone none the less........and in my opinion you don't want her to have the bb because of a little bit of jealousy, and because your kids don't have them, if your parents had given your own kids pearls i don't think you would have made this post.

In conclusion: its just a phone so it makes no difference if they bought her a sidekick, an iphone or a pearl, if you think she is too young for a phone then take it away, it shouldn't make a difference what kind of phone it is
    07-19-08 12:44 AM
    In a word, No!

07-19-08 01:50 AM
    Im afraid to see these kids when they grow up, what are they going to do when they have nothing handed to them anymore??

""but mom, what do you mean your cutting me off? How am I going to pay for my cell phone??"
    07-19-08 01:53 AM
    For me, 12 years old is too young to have a BB.
    07-19-08 02:02 AM
    For me, 12 years old is too young to have a BB.
    OK, that's your opinion.
    07-19-08 10:17 AM
    if you can afford it what does it matter how old they are. Life is too short, enjoy as much as you can... thats my 2 cents.

its the same as 10 years ago saying ''what does a 12 year old need a computer and internet for''

Times change and so does technology. Just because you didnt get your first cell phone till you were an adult, does not mean that a 12 year old cant have a bb now a days.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-19-08 at 10:27 AM.
    07-19-08 10:22 AM
    if you can afford it what does it matter how old they are. Life is too short, enjoy as much as you can... thats my 2 cents.

its the same as 10 years ago saying ''what does a 12 year old need a computer and internet for''

Times change and so does technology. Just because you didnt get your first cell phone till you were an adult, does not mean that a 12 year old cant have a bb now a days.
    i agree 100%!!
    07-19-08 12:02 PM
    You know this thread is dead when you start quoting yourself.
    07-19-08 12:16 PM
    Children should not have a full on cell phone until they have a job to pay for the phone and bill.

If you really want your child to have a phone it should be something simplistic as the fireflies that are out there....

I am sorry but I think unlimited, unsupervised access to the internet with a BB or any other phone is dangerous.
    07-19-08 12:37 PM
    Children should not have a full on cell phone until they have a job to pay for the phone and bill.

If you really want your child to have a phone it should be something simplistic as the fireflies that are out there....

I am sorry but I think unlimited, unsupervised access to the internet with a BB or any other phone is dangerous.
    Would you also argue that children should not have food and clothing until they have a job to pay for it? Probably not. You would argue that those are necessities. Would you also argue that children do not need things like glasses and medicine? Probably not, you would say that those help them lead normal (sic) lives perhaps. I believe that today's world moves so fast that it is necessary to be constantly informed about what is going on. I think being connected to the world at a young age is just as important as getting a happy meal and a new pair of Nikes.

As for your second point, it seems to me that you do not want to offer children any means to learn. Why give someone the most simplistic model available? What happens after they master all the features? Their minds just stop because there is nothing more to learn. Why not instead take a step further and hand every children a Pandora's box with infinite exploration and possibilities? I am not saying that a BB is that entirely but it is certainly a much closer alternative to the most basic phones.

As for your last argument, I will leave that for another topic. I would argue that information is never dangerous. How we respond to it is the entire problem. Censorship should never take precedence over a more complete understanding of the problem. (and don't sell kids short, they can be very smart).

EDIT: If you didn't already gather my opinion from my post, I think (assuming financial stability on the part of the parents) kids should be provided with all the tools they need to be successful in life at the youngest possible age at which they can take advantage of those tools. A blackberry is probably usable in some form by a child around the age of 3-4 when they are able to understand and interact socially with the world and begin to develop communication skills. While 95% of the features will probably not be utilized, I stand by my previous argument that we should not make things too simple for the simple reason that we should have to stop making our brains learn something new.
    Last edited by cmptrnrd16; 07-19-08 at 12:59 PM.
    07-19-08 12:54 PM
    I'm 14 and I got a 8130. Just cuz I asked. And j pretty much use it for what its intended cuz I gota job
    But 12
    All they'll do with the phone is show it off to their 7th grade friends
    07-19-08 01:17 PM
    You just have to be careful she does not connect to the web for any reason without a data plan, the rates for paying per MB can be scary.
    07-19-08 01:30 PM
    Has anyone bothered to explore the fact that a KID with a blackberry (with data) can look at all sorts of stuff and get into all the things they wouldn't be able to get into if they were using a monitored computer?

KIDS should NOT have data devices... just as they should not have computers in their rooms.
    07-19-08 01:36 PM
651 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD