Viigo- If I don't erase old stories?
    Messages- I know messages effect memory, but at what point does it become significant? On my krzr i could get upwards to 500 messages before it would say memory low and it would max out at about 580 messages before i had to delete any.
    Event Logs- I read on another forum that erasing event logs helps memory. Anyone tried this? How significant was the memory difference?
    04-30-08 05:20 PM
    Everything uses memory, some a lot mone then others.

1 Mb of memory will hold a thousand pages of 1 Kb files. That is a lot of information.

I have cleared the event log, but their was no improvement in free memory.

Browser maintains a content cache and a seperate pushed content cache. After extensive use, the cache remains stable at 2 Mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 06:53 PM
    I would say at about 10-20megs left on your phone you should start being wary. Blackberrys LOVE deleting your messages for you when you're running low on flash XD
    04-30-08 06:57 PM
    ok, but specifially what about Viggo? I know its a memory hog, but does the number of stories/articles play a factor in that? And about how many messages can you have before you see a significant cut into memory?
    04-30-08 09:51 PM
    I cleaned up a bunch of stuff today, and erased some themes and programs I don't use (Blackberry Maps since i have Google Maps on the phone, although I may turf that to, as I wouldn't use it alot and I can always download it again in a hurry if necessary) and I am sitting at 18.9 MB free and it's pretty stable, I haven't had any deletions yet...I wish we could just delete the on board sound alerts without having to edit systems files though.
    04-30-08 10:07 PM
    I used Viigo and have no problems, despite having 20-ish newfeeds and 250+ articles!

BlackBerry OS itself however, is notorius for poor memory management, though on some devices this is particularly obvious - I have virtually no memory-related problems on my bulging BlackBerry 8800 (and by "bulging", I mean a LOT of downloaded content), yet my newer BlackBerry Curve 8300 has contant memory-related problems, depsite being almost completely empty!

I'm not sure on what the technical reasoning is behind this, but I'm hopeful that these notorius memory issues will be addressed in the upcoming BlackBerry OS 4.5...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD