I was thinking, is it time for the crackberry owners to implant a chat room for there CB users, talk about BB and users help users problems, and chit chat everything about our BB.
    I had a big site like CB and a chat room is a good thing to help other users.
    There for I ask your opinion about a web and mobile web chatroom here at CB.
    I will, and can moderate it.
    What do you think about it.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 06-17-12 at 12:51 AM.
    06-17-12 12:37 AM
    I don't think anyone has the time to monitor all the rude words people would fire at each other if there was a chat function.
    If they need help, they can create a thread - in my opinion.
    06-17-12 12:51 AM
    I don't think anyone has the time to monitor all the rude words people would fire at each other if there was a chat function.
    If they need help, they can create a thread - in my opinion.
    This chatroom can be moderated and can be succesfull, it's a live thing, and there are a lot of web app to clean these rude people, I think that in this time a LIVE CB can do a lot to our BB. And RIM is present beleave me, or not.
    It's only something I'm thinking.
    There new BB10 depends of us.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 06-17-12 at 01:10 AM.
    06-17-12 12:57 AM
    I'm up for an IRC channel that's easier to manage and maintain order in the room.
    06-17-12 01:41 AM
    great another place to spam PINS
    06-17-12 04:45 AM
    And another place for trolls... And then endless arguments... And then mayhem!! No...I don't think a chat room would work...
    06-17-12 08:47 AM
    ^^ true dat. There isn't enough bleach in the world to clean up the filth that would be released :P
    06-17-12 08:54 AM
    Hasn't this idea come up a few times before only to be shot down for all the reasons stated
    above and then some?
    06-17-12 09:25 AM
    Wow you guys have a low opinion of BlackBerry users lol. I've used the chat rooms associated with 3 other enthusiast groups: one for fragrance lovers, one for a cooking group, and one for erotica writers. I don't hang out in the chat rooms all day every day or anything, but in my years of using them I've never seen problems arise. Mostly their used as a springboard for ideas and general chit chat.
    06-17-12 09:32 AM
    It's a good idea but trolls would come in & spam it most likely, lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-17-12 02:19 PM
    You would end up having iToy users saying theirs is bigger than yours and my dad can beatup your dad. Totally a waste and a troll fest.
    06-17-12 02:59 PM
    In the beginning 2000 I had a big site "hopperguide.com" and had daily 8000 visitors, also my site had a chat room, but the people who visit the chatroom shared there experience about the satellite cracking hobby we had, shared smardcard codes etc, never had problems like you guys write here, but it was something minded I shared here.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 06-17-12 at 05:00 PM.
    06-17-12 04:57 PM
    Wow you guys have a low opinion of BlackBerry users lol. I've used the chat rooms associated with 3 other enthusiast groups: one for fragrance lovers, one for a cooking group, and one for erotica writers. I don't hang out in the chat rooms all day every day or anything, but in my years of using them I've never seen problems arise. Mostly their used as a springboard for ideas and general chit chat.
    Actually don't have a low opinion of BlackBerry users,

I have a low opinion of many of the former BlackBerry users who hang out at a BlackBerry site.

--------

There are a lot of GREAT BlackBerry user groups via BBM that get formed and users get invited to them.

I would very much welcome an IRC group that required a PIN invite to join, and that was moderated and had discussion topics, but the reality is that is as much work to maintain as a site itself so I don't think we'll ever see one.
    Griffin2012 likes this.
    06-17-12 09:01 PM
    Could create a BBM group.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-17-12 09:08 PM
    There are a number of IRC BB chatrooms on various servers already.

Sometimes you want more than 30 people in a group...
    06-17-12 10:12 PM
    Chat rooms are a waste from a website owners perspective. Us posting on these forums gives CB free content. Activity in the forums show up in search results, chat room activity doesn't. Active chat rooms would mean slightly less active forums. Less activity in the forums would mean less things showing up in search results. Why would CB (or any big forum) want to do that?
    06-17-12 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD