Hey

I just purchased a new blackberry bold 9700 from Bell yesterday and have a few questions regarding wifi. First of all I am on a 500mb data plan through 3g services. How do I know whether Im connected to Wifi or not? Ive set up my BB with my router and see the wifi icon.

My concern is that when I turn off my Mobile Network(or just data services) I cant use wifi only on the browser. I receive a message "You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result, the Browser cannot retrieve any Web Pages" So have I been using data and not wifi this whole time? im really confused any help would be appreciated.

ps I have run through the guide on setting up wifi from this site using the given configurations.

Thanks
    11-19-09 06:12 AM
    Hi you should make sure that under Network in options u have it set to wifi prefered, also when u first click on the browser u will be able to see quickly whether or not it is using wifi or normal cell service as at the top right hand corner of the screen it will quickly flash up which type it is using before the home page loads. Try these things first and see what happens.
    11-19-09 06:05 PM
    perfect,thanks for the response
    11-20-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD