CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,629 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Wet cell phone rescue

The "My phone took a swim" posts appear from time to time. Here's a video where they did the wet phone in rice experiment. They dropped an iPhone, Android, and a BlackBerry in water then put them in rice. See which one came back to life.

Upgrade Your Life: Wet cell phone rescue - Yahoo! News
    4.7.0.148 --> 5.0.0.328 --> 5.0.0.419 --> 5.0.0.797 --> 5.0.0.973 --> 5.0.0.1041

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
    CrackBerry Abuser

Only the Blackberry came back hehehehehehe !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

A while ago I accidentally spilled a drink on my Tour. I thought I had fried it. Let it sit in a bag of rice over night...sure enough, it was working fine the next day.
    Blackberry Torch 9850 / Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's funny that you posted this. If you look below in the forum, I posted this same link 2hrs earlier...lol
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,629 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tkrobinson View Post
    That's funny that you posted this. If you look below in the forum, I posted this same link 2hrs earlier...lol
    Oh yeah, I found it. Oops I always scan through previous posts before posting but I missed yours.
    4.7.0.148 --> 5.0.0.328 --> 5.0.0.419 --> 5.0.0.797 --> 5.0.0.973 --> 5.0.0.1041

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

This is interesting. Friend of mine said his wife dropped her iPhone in water, and they tried a bag of rice. Didn't work at all after that. However, I've heard from a few people that get their BB's to come back after rice. Ah, the strength of a BB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by thecondor33 View Post
    This is interesting. Friend of mine said his wife dropped her iPhone in water, and they tried a bag of rice. Didn't work at all after that. However, I've heard from a few people that get their BB's to come back after rice. Ah, the strength of a BB.
    I think has more do with being able to remove the battery and let rice closer to the inners of the phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverup View Post
    I think has more do with being able to remove the battery and let rice closer to the inners of the phone.
    Yeah that sounds about right. Makes sense.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,629 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

There's the problem with the iPhone. If it takes a swim there is no removing the battery unless you disassemble the housing.

CrackBerry Addict

The iPhone is so magical and revolutionary that it doesn't need to turn back on after the rice trick...

LOL that was great! BB FTW
    BlackBerry Z10 + Playbook 64GB, Bold 9900, Bold 9700, Curve 8900, Curve 8320, Blackberry 7290

BlackBerry Addicts Similar to Alcoholics
    CrackBerry User

Hi, I was just swimming with friends and my torch got wet. I made the mistake of letting it dry for a little while and trying to turn it on :/ . The keyboard and power/blackberry buttons light up but the screen had nothing on it. I immediately took everything back out and it is currently sitting in rice. Any advice? Did I short my phone?!
    CrackBerry Genius

Most likely, But sure can hurt to leave it the rice for a few days. Hope it comes back to life.