The "My phone took a swim" posts appear from time to time. Here's a video where they did the wet phone in rice experiment. They dropped an iPhone, Android, and a BlackBerry in water then put them in rice. See which one came back to life.

Upgrade Your Life: Wet cell phone rescue - Yahoo! News
    06-10-11 08:16 AM
    Only the Blackberry came back hehehehehehe !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 08:23 AM
    A while ago I accidentally spilled a drink on my Tour. I thought I had fried it. Let it sit in a bag of rice over night...sure enough, it was working fine the next day.
    06-10-11 08:39 AM
    That's funny that you posted this. If you look below in the forum, I posted this same link 2hrs earlier...lol
    06-10-11 08:45 AM
    That's funny that you posted this. If you look below in the forum, I posted this same link 2hrs earlier...lol
    Oh yeah, I found it. Oops I always scan through previous posts before posting but I missed yours.
    06-10-11 08:57 AM
    This is interesting. Friend of mine said his wife dropped her iPhone in water, and they tried a bag of rice. Didn't work at all after that. However, I've heard from a few people that get their BB's to come back after rice. Ah, the strength of a BB.
    06-10-11 09:02 AM
    This is interesting. Friend of mine said his wife dropped her iPhone in water, and they tried a bag of rice. Didn't work at all after that. However, I've heard from a few people that get their BB's to come back after rice. Ah, the strength of a BB.
    I think has more do with being able to remove the battery and let rice closer to the inners of the phone.
    06-10-11 09:25 AM
    I think has more do with being able to remove the battery and let rice closer to the inners of the phone.
    Yeah that sounds about right. Makes sense.
    06-10-11 09:27 AM
    There's the problem with the iPhone. If it takes a swim there is no removing the battery unless you disassemble the housing.
    06-10-11 10:34 AM
    The iPhone is so magical and revolutionary that it doesn't need to turn back on after the rice trick...

LOL that was great! BB FTW
    06-10-11 10:50 AM
    Hi, I was just swimming with friends and my torch got wet. I made the mistake of letting it dry for a little while and trying to turn it on :/ . The keyboard and power/blackberry buttons light up but the screen had nothing on it. I immediately took everything back out and it is currently sitting in rice. Any advice? Did I short my phone?!
    06-29-11 04:23 PM
    Most likely, But sure can hurt to leave it the rice for a few days. Hope it comes back to life.
    06-29-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD