My wife dropped her BB8100 in water. It seems to be recovering okay, but there's still water under the keypad. Anyone who can walk me thru the removal and reinstallation is urged to reply. I know there is a post on it but I can't find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 12:46 AM
    the best bet is to leave it for at least 4-5 days with the battery and SIM out, any media card out, the back off, and just let it dry. turning it on while still wet is a very bad idea
    01-12-08 12:47 AM
    Yep....give the device at least that long. Not being patient will fry it.
    01-12-08 12:56 AM
    yeah mine got damp almost a week ago, but i pulled it apart (even took out the screws and removed the casing, keypad, etc) and it works like a champ now
    01-12-08 12:59 AM
    You can dry it faster that way but it'll dry on it's own if you don't want to disassemble it like Sith did. Just don't put the battery in, whatever you do.
    01-12-08 01:01 AM
    Thanks everyone. I kept telling her that but she needed an outside opinion. Any married man can empathize.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 01:03 AM
    Find a warm spot like in a stereo cabinet, on top of a warm component, etc. You can also drop it inside a bag of uncooked rice. I've been told that a frost free freezer will pull moisture out of electronic devices but I've not personally tried it.
    01-12-08 01:05 AM
    Find a warm spot like in a stereo cabinet, on top of a warm component, etc. You can also drop it inside a bag of uncooked rice. I've been told that a frost free freezer will pull moisture out of electronic devices but I've not personally tried it.
    you are a wise, wise man.
    01-12-08 01:07 AM
    GOod luck with your wet berry
    01-12-08 01:15 AM
    it is imperative that you do not try and power the device on, if you have it may have damaged it beyond repair. if any electronic device gets wet, IMMEDIATELY remove the power source, be it battery or AC/DC current source.
    01-12-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD