Anyone watching the new West Coast Apple Advertising for their iPhones? These are KILLER during PRIMETIME which out here on the West Coast is EXACTLY what I've been saying earlier if anyone read my post on what Buick is doing. BlackBerry is a lifestyle, for the dedicated true people who know it to be the best out there, a resilient mobile computing experience. It all belongs to heartfelt and deeply moving advertising and to getting the word out, and BlackBerry advertising out here in Vegas is virtually non-existent... Unbelievable...
    earlym likes this.
    07-01-13 01:02 AM
    Really? I saw that Keep Moving ad at Caesars a few weeks ago on the Hockey Channel. Verizon has mentioned the Q10 along with other brands in their latest ad during the NBA playoffs recently as well.

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    07-01-13 03:19 AM
    Anyone watching the new West Coast Apple Advertising for their iPhones? These are KILLER during PRIMETIME which out here on the West Coast is EXACTLY what I've been saying earlier if anyone read my post on what Buick is doing. BlackBerry is a lifestyle, for the dedicated true people who know it to be the best out there, a resilient mobile computing experience. It all belongs to heartfelt and deeply moving advertising and to getting the word out, and BlackBerry advertising out here in Vegas is virtually non-existent... Unbelievable...
    Are you talking about the California Apple adds? If so, they have been a failure for apple. They got the lowest rank of any apple add in decades. I read about it on an iFan sight where they postulated that it was because Steve Jobs wasn't around anymore directing the advertising.

(I should add that it's entirely possible that a failed apple add may still be better then many BlackBerry adds have been)

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    07-01-13 09:39 AM
    Are you talking about the California Apple adds? If so, they have been a failure for apple. They got the lowest rank of any apple add in decades. I read about it on an iFan sight where they postulated that it was because Steve Jobs wasn't around anymore directing the advertising.

(I should add that it's entirely possible that a failed apple add may still be better then many BlackBerry adds have been)

Posted via CB10
    Ace Metrix, the consulting firm that issued the report, may have a bit of conflict of interest.

It's a mood-setting ad that I like, although I think the dynamic graphical one opening WWDC was more striking. However, I also believe this "designed in California" ad has different, specific purposes: speak to Apple's own employees headquartered you know where, and continue their recent "made in the USA" mini-push. It's more a niche ad.

I only just caved and got cable so haven't seen any BB ads on TV but I would like to see a similar intimate one involving friends and loved ones. I use my phone a lot at work and frankly don't want to be reminded of such strengths No specs, high adrenalin, crazy targeted demographic. I am a boringly average person � make me feel snuggly
    07-01-13 10:17 AM
    Awesome response! But in truth, when I said BlackBerry is virtually non-existent, yes, there are the same ads we've seen, but need radical appeal to everyone that the New BlackBerry is what it is: NEW. Here's an idea: A new campaign having a BlackBerry in every hand, free for 30 days along side their own current device to experience the BlackBerry difference. Got to give part of the farm away to get a bigger piece of it. We need a NEW USA Campaign that is different, and deeply moving.

QUOTE=TGR1;8741976]Ace Metrix, the consulting firm that issued the report, may have a bit of conflict of interest.

It's a mood-setting ad that I like, although I think the dynamic graphical one opening WWDC was more striking. However, I also believe this "designed in California" ad has different, specific purposes: speak to Apple's own employees headquartered you know where, and continue their recent "made in the USA" mini-push. It's more a niche ad.

I only just caved and got cable so haven't seen any BB ads on TV but I would like to see a similar intimate one involving friends and loved ones. I use my phone a lot at work and frankly don't want to be reminded of such strengths No specs, high adrenalin, crazy targeted demographic. I am a boringly average person � make me feel snuggly [/QUOTE]
    07-01-13 02:16 PM
    Makaiman, I'm there witcha! Those ads speak to something deep inside of me and I don't even own an iPhone. It's the kind of marketing that makes "people/the masses" warm and fuzzy. It sells phones too.

BB used to be driven from the Corporate side. Apple and Samsung are driven from the consumer side. Although corporations have big money, it's the consumers that are making Apple and Samsung successful.
    07-01-13 02:21 PM
    These ads aren’t meant to “introduce” the iphone to the consumer no more that Coke or Pepsi ads do. They are there to “remind” the consumer of the experience over the last few years brought to you by Apple. The company has transformed the way people talk, text, type, photograph, listen to music and more for all generations.
    The 100’s of millions spent on ad dollars have already introduced and continue to “demonstrate” consumer features to build the company and have already positioned itself in people’s minds. This new commercial reminds them of “what Apple brought to the table” and urges you to remain faithful.
    I like them!
    I also like the “The Next Big Thing” commercials from Samsung, especially the NBA. They make the S4 seem hip and cool to a generation of baller’s. Missed opportunities on BB’s part. And just what is Ms. Alicia Keys doing for BB?
    07-01-13 02:42 PM
    07-01-13 02:51 PM
    We need a NEW USA Campaign that is different, and deeply moving.
    According to that report (BBRY Quarterly) revenue in the US is up 30% so they must be doing something. They just need to do more & faster because there was a lot of bad news in that report too.

I'm curious as to what they will say on the 9th.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:35 PM
    If iPhone ads strink, wonder what would they say about BlackBerry ads. They aren't seen much, so that's a saving grace

However to be unbiased, it's possible that BlackBerry felt that they couldn't spend more ad dollars if the quarterly bottom line was going to be under water.

So we may still see a return of. "Better" ads. They could still spend a bit on web wdd

By the way,"keep moving" could be taken by potential customers to keep moving literally past the BlackBerry display shelves.

Frank and Thor have good experience in b2b marketing but they are out of their league in b2c marketing.

Hopefully they read these forums and get some ideas. Or better, get someone who knows better than us.

Finally, the ads are not going on the offensive and maybe the management is still feeling that they don't have a killer product

Or they may ne easing off the pedal to get the app store filled up before hitting the gas.

If they do pull this off, it will be on a few management schools.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-01-13 07:07 PM
    Well speaking as a Canadian we saw a lot of BlackBerry marketing up here

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:17 PM
    I saw one in Germany. In 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:02 PM