What does everyone think will be the biggest announcement to come from WES 2008 and why do you think so? If the BB Bold announcement is the biggest event, then it would be a big letdown because us crackberryers already knew it was coming, but I would like to see the release/announcement of 4.5 myself. What would you like to see announced?
    05-12-08 08:22 PM
    One that will not happen, but would be big would if they said that 4.5 was squashed...

Then seconds later say "it's because it was replaced by 4.6 which is now available immediate."
    05-12-08 11:18 PM
    I want an announcment of a new version of the curve, the 9000 or bold if you will is to big and i dont like the keyboard

the "flipberry" is suretype and a clamshell, 2 things im not a big fan of

I want an upgradded curve... I could be wrong but it seems like its the most popular of current BB's so why wouldnt they wanna focus on it???

that plus 4.6 or at least 4.5
    05-12-08 11:45 PM
    What does everyone think about the touchscreen berry called the "Thunder". looks pretty cool, but I don't like touchscreens, plus it is gonna be exclusively for Verizon. I am on AT&T, so I am gonna shoot for the Bold as soon as it comes out.
    05-13-08 07:51 PM
    What does everyone think about the touchscreen berry called the "Thunder". looks pretty cool, but I don't like touchscreens, plus it is gonna be exclusively for Verizon. I am on AT&T, so I am gonna shoot for the Bold as soon as it comes out.
    I dont like the touchscreen either and its a copy of the Iphone. Blackberries in my opinion should be distinct!
    05-13-08 07:57 PM
    I would love dates. Dates for the Bold, the touchscreen and the kickstart. When can we get them? And when do the CDMA versions come out (the Bold CDMA will be out next May, but what about the others??). And will the touchscreen BB also have a keyboard? And will it be a giant brick to lug around like the iphone, or will it be nice and light weight like the curve? What's the next gen phone that's the same size as the pearl and when can we have it?

Wow... I just started typing and all this stuff came out. I didn't realize how many questions I had...
    05-13-08 08:00 PM
    I dont like the touchscreen either and its a copy of the Iphone. Blackberries in my opinion should be distinct!
    I agree, it looks just like the iPhone except it has 3 more buttons. I think they should nix the Thunder, and concentrate on something a little more original.
    05-13-08 08:00 PM
    I would love dates. Dates for the Bold, the touchscreen and the kickstart. When can we get them? And when do the CDMA versions come out (the Bold CDMA will be out next May, but what about the others??). And will the touchscreen BB also have a keyboard? And will it be a giant brick to lug around like the iphone, or will it be nice and light weight like the curve? What's the next gen phone that's the same size as the pearl and when can we have it?

Wow... I just started typing and all this stuff came out. I didn't realize how many questions I had...
    The Thunder will not have a keyboard, and I believe the dimensions are close to the size of the pearl.
    05-13-08 08:03 PM
    4.6 would be really cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 08:09 PM
    4.6 would be really cool

Skipping 4.5 all together and moving on to 4.6 would be absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. They (RIM) should go ahead and release 4.5 seeing as they already have 4.6 pretty well defined.
    05-13-08 08:16 PM
    The Thunder will not have a keyboard, and I believe the dimensions are close to the size of the pearl.
    Seriously? How will anyone type on it? What a nightmare!
    05-13-08 08:28 PM
    If you would like to try Copilot LIVE for 6 months go to blackberry.alk.com on your berry's browser and give it a try. Looks pretty cool if you ask me.
    Last edited by fantom1023; 05-13-08 at 09:08 PM.
    05-13-08 09:06 PM
    Seriously? How will anyone type on it? What a nightmare!
    By using the keyboard on the touchscreen kind of like the iphone. And yes, it would be a nightmare LOL.
    Last edited by fantom1023; 05-13-08 at 09:36 PM.
    05-13-08 09:07 PM
    Well, WES has been a big letdown. There have been no real big announcements that I would like to have seen at least. I did read on blackberryforums that there was a user claiming to have 4.5.0.48 on their 8310 though. I sent this person a PM asking about it. I hope I get a reply soon. Oh well maybe tomorrow something big will happen at WES. Here's to hoping!LOL
    05-14-08 07:06 PM
    Yea release dates would rock. I wouldn't turn down an official release of 4.5 either. Is it me or does 4.6 look very touch friendly? Either way things are looking good. Me likey the thought of a hybrid 9000 (storm) but I definately won't wase anytime picking up a Bold once its released.

05-14-08 07:49 PM
    The Bold is scheduled to come to AT&T in July for around 300 bucks. I can't wait to get mine. I will definitely be getting one , especially for only 300 bucks. It should then come out to other carriers in September for around the same price except at T-Mobile, where it will cost about 50 bucks more. Crazy that it costs more for T-Mobile customers, huh?!?
    05-16-08 07:47 PM
    Well WES 2008 is now over. It was a big letdown if you ask me, due to no info about 4.5 Oh well, what can you do? Peace out ya'll, How do you close a thread?
    05-18-08 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD