Well have 1 month till the end of my comtract with O2 ( UK carrier) and now it time to think about new phone?? Any ideas have loved my 8120 Pearl (18 months old and still running like a dream)but feel the need to upgrade wife has the 8220 flip. Great but not for me!! the phone is not for hard core business, just social and a bit of work when the need arises. So any ideas? yes have been and looked but still not sure were to go next.
    07-06-09 06:48 AM
    I think your going to have to go to a store and play with them to figure this out. I'd look at the Bold, Tour and Storm. Pick the one you like using the most.
    07-06-09 11:54 AM
    I think your going to have to go to a store and play with them to figure this out. I'd look at the Bold, Tour and Storm. Pick the one you like using the most.
    i agree. test out the phones at your store to find the one that you like using best.
    07-06-09 11:57 AM
    Well, probably the idea is pick your carrier FIRST, and then decide from what they offer. Just because the phone is great, doesn't mean the service is, if you know what I mean.
    07-06-09 11:59 AM
    Well, probably the idea is pick your carrier FIRST, and then decide from what they offer. Just because the phone is great, doesn't mean the service is, if you know what I mean.
    +10000

This is an absolute MUST first step. A great BB with no service is just a PDA.

Go to your local carrier stores and see if they will give you a lender phone to test their network in the places you spend the most time. Barring that, check their coverage maps.

If you like O2, - granted I'm a bit biased - you should give the 8900 a try. O2 offers almost every current model of BB, so your options are pretty wide there.

Granted, I've never even visited the UK, much less had a carrier there, so I don't know how they stack up.
    07-06-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD