OK I was able to hook up to my wireless at home no problem.

Now when I do the scan I come up with other connections like the topaz club. If I wanted to hook up to it how do I find the WEP key for it?

I could go outside to the end of my driveway and stay connected to my home wireless. So from what I have read that's pretty good.
    12-03-08 03:25 PM
    Without getting too techie:-)

The wep key for other networks will only be available to their users, unless its a national air provider, if the admin won't give you a wep key you can't get on without a lot of effort on you behalf.

As it's part of the security system for that specific network unles it's unlocked I wouldn't bother.

I can walk my dog round my home town and see lots of networks come up in the wifi network page but not many are altruisitic enough to unlock or not have any security on it.

HtH
    12-06-08 11:48 AM
    by the way. u might wanna use wpa2 instead of wep, considering wep is easily hackable.
    12-06-08 09:39 PM
    Thanks I was looking into that but when I changed it in my router settings I lost the ability for my laptop and my daughters computer to connect.
    I am on Verizon Fios with a Actiontec router. Am I missing something to change some place else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:33 PM
    You might have to re-set the WEP keys on the PC.
    Hope you had a copy of the original configuration.
    If not go back to the wireless router setup instructions and make new keys...and keep track of the type of key that is used. WEP, SHARED, ...
    Then, use these exact keys on the PC and phone
    12-10-08 08:42 PM
    Yea I have the orginal WEP key it is on a sticker on the router along with the MAC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 10:35 PM
    I saw a YouTube video that showed a computer using a brute-force approach to crack through WEP encryption in like 60 seconds. That was enough to scare me into upgrading my entire home network from WEP to WPA security. You don't need to have the most secure network, just the most secure network on your block.
    12-26-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD