Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Went into Verizon yesterday...

The husband has had a Droid X but wanted to upgrade to something else. I have a Bold 9930.

We all know that the majority of Verizon reps don't give a crap about Blackberrys, but it still surprises me how rude they can be.

We were talking about our plan, and I mentioned I love my BB Bold but I am excited about the upcoming BB10 coming out. The young man rep rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah, I just heard about that BB10 yesterday." And then he said, "I mean, it's not like anybody cares about BB."

Me and my husband looked at him, and I was thinking What the heck?? I am your customer (for over a decade at that!) and you see me with a BB product in my hand and you're going to diss like that? LOL!! What DO they have to gain by dissing the BB???

I told him that I love my BB, and he said, "Like I said, I just heard about this BB10 yesterday. And I'm sure your BB is great for you and I don't doubt it does what it should do. But only like 5% of the population cares about that brand...."

I know this isn't news to anyone here. But also....strange how he claims they JUST HEARD about BB10s. Meanwhile wall-sized posters of Apple products were all over. This was yesterday.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Go back and talk to him in 3 months.
    Thanked by 7:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-13-2013),  Cesare21 (01-14-2013),  ddlax22 (01-14-2013),  DJM626 (01-13-2013),  shaleem (01-19-2013),  shellnsean (01-13-2013),  westiewanderer (01-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,873 Global Posts

You should have said:
    "Well, I guess I'm part of the 5% that cares and since you're so ignorant. I will be moving whatever part of the 5% I make to AT&T or T-Mobile..."
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Thanked by:
    BoldtotheMax (01-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts

This is an important point though. To make BB10 as popular as we want it to be this bias has to be overcome.

I hope RIM has a plan for this (increased incentives or major education training etc.) to get the rank and file store sales folks excited. I know those of us into cells will buy but we need the general public to get the kind of apps etc. we are hoping for.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shellnsean View Post
    Me and my husband looked at him, and I was thinking What the heck?? I am your customer (for over a decade at that!) and you see me with a BB product in my hand and you're going to diss like that? LOL!! What DO they have to gain by dissing the BB???
    Huh, you should have told him that finally you were leaving Verizon ( because, "yeah, like no offense, but the service is not what it used to be, there is so much unprofessionalism now and it's so much better somewhere else, everybody says it and bla bla bla") and that you wanted to know the modalities how to transfer your contract elsewhere, etc. It's not dangerous, I believe they have some kind of special procedure to follow when a customers says this phrase (like ask what's wrong, make an offer, etc.).
    In France it's even the first phrase you have to pronounce to renegotiate some contract or whatever and afterwards you get commercial offer to stay and customers service never leaves your alone with a sort of psychanalysis (they only fall off when you finally recongize that this the best product/service/brand ever and you are crazy happy being their customer).

P.S. It's not for BB, but I hate that kind of attitude towards customers who make that guy earn his salary. I would have lots of fun to make a lot of fuss for it )
    reidban and westiewanderer like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I'm always interested in the answer to this: Was it a corporate store or a franchise? Dollars to donuts it was a VZW franchise store where anyone who can stand upright will be hired regardless of their tech knowledge. My experience has been just the opposite of yours when dealing with my local corporate store. Very knowledgeable staff and many are looking forward to the new BB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,821 Global Posts

I totally agree with this sentiment ... many smartphones in NA are sold through these mall Kiosks that employ mainly young adults that are for the most part Apple or Samsung users. Perhaps a free Z10 if you sell X number of BB10 models is the key. At least free something... some incentives for the bottom feeders.
    ctuffy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I frequent the verizon corporate store by my job quite frequently and whenever I'm inside I always hear the reps trying to lure customers away from any device that isn't android. Its as if they're instructed to push those devices.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

It's a worldwide phenomenon unfortunately, I've experienced it myself in UK.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I worked at a dealership for telus for a few years. Here are two things:
    1. telling me, a low level employee, that you are leaving telus had no affect on me. Most of the time it was an empty threat anyway. To be clear, I cared about my customers, and treated them fairly and honestly, I rarely had an issue. Im just saying, that leaving telus wasnt the end of the world for me, that might work better when dealing with their loyalty line.
    2. We often had promotions, sell so many samsungs, get rewards. Sell the most motorolas, get a reward (I won a free KRZR, and $750 visa card from motorola at one point). So these incentives really helped us lean one way or the other. Chances are the salespeople are being rewarded for selling certain phones.
    Bottom line, be well educated when going to a store.
    Thanked by 2:
    jegs2 (01-13-2013),  RubberChicken76 (01-14-2013) 
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

you should have just walked out without saying a word, i can't tell you how many times i've done that for the stupidity of sales persons
    CrackBerry Master

I had the opposite happen to me several weeks ago when I went into my Verizon store to talk about my upgrade, and when I was asked if I knew what I wanted as my next device and my reply was that I was going to wait it out for the new BB10 (at the time before Z10) the rep that was taking care of me replied that him and several other reps were anxiously awaiting its arrival as well. To me that was music to my ears!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,084 Global Posts

I went to a Verizon store the other day and boy was my experience different. There were bb's and playbooks all over the place. There were 2 Iphone 4s's in the corner all by themselves... I actually felt bad lol. I talked to a few reps and both had 9930's. I guess it all depends on where you live, NYC is a very BB friendly place I guess.
    Sent from my Z30, Z10, or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

-BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig -BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397

Default Re: Went into Verizon yesterday...

Now would probably be a good time to move on from Verizon anyway

Verizon LTE has been downright sluggish lately

Sent from my Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
    Techno-Emigre (01-13-2013) 
    Juango94 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397

Default Re: Went into Verizon yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by cpsquires View Post
    1. telling me, a low level employee, that you are leaving telus had no affect on me. Most of the time it was an empty threat anyway. To be clear, I cared about my customers, and treated them fairly and honestly, I rarely had an issue. Im just saying, that leaving telus wasnt the end of the world for me, that might work better when dealing with their loyalty line.
    2. We often had promotions, sell so many samsungs, get rewards. Sell the most motorolas, get a reward (I won a free KRZR, and $750 visa card from motorola at one point). So these incentives really helped us lean one way or the other. Chances are the salespeople are being rewarded for selling certain phones.
    Bottom line, be well educated when going to a store.
    Out of curiosity did you ever follow up with a customer that threatened to leave? e.g. "Hey, a few months ago you mentioned you were leaving us and I see that your account is still active. Is there anything I can do to help expedite the process for you?"

Sent from my Droid DNA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,762 Global Posts

My guess is if he heard about them yesterday, it probably put him in a bad mood because he Hates BlackBerry. Or here's another thought, maybe he heard some Good things about it, is angry that RIM got it right, and is letting his ignorance and irritation out on everyone.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    shellnsean and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    Now would probably be a good time to move on from Verizon anyway http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/14/3y5yrezy.jpg

Sent from my Droid DNA
    That's on LTE? My gsm 3G is faster.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Verizon really has started to suck lately. The bottom dollar is all their focus.
    I don't know if this was a VZW or a franchise, it was the one at 10904 Memorial Hermann Drive #113, Pearland, TX 77584.

He seemed friendly overall, other than the ignorance. Other "jewels" he said, when my husband questioned the $30 upgrade fee, was "you get what you pay for. If you want a phone from Family Dollar then you may not have this fee." LMBO!
    Then my husband asked about the battery life of the S3. The rep said, "honestly, it sucks."
    LOL!!
    My husband said, "wow. That's honest I guess" and the man joked, "yeah I'm not a great salesman, my kid is starving..."

The whole interaction was odd.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

I also have to agree that once upon a time, say 8 years ago...the reps did care more if you wanted to quit service.
    They don't care now.
    At least that's my experience.
    Now, it's "don't let the door hit ya in the rear on your way out! See ya!"
    Thanked by:
    Techno-Emigre (01-13-2013) 
    switcharoo and mrskycar like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

Now would probably be a good time to move on from Verizon anyway http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/14/3y5yrezy.jpg

Sent from my Droid DNA
    Yikes, where are you located?, if you don't mind me asking. I pull down about 43 Mbps in St. Louis. I've never known vzw service to be that sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Out of curiosity did you ever follow up with a customer that threatened to leave? e.g. "Hey, a few months ago you mentioned you were leaving us and I see that your account is still active. Is there anything I can do to help expedite the process for you?"

Sent from my Droid DNA
    I would often have those same people come back within days or a week, after talking to other carriers, and end up staying. I guess they realize that all carriers are about the same, and I genuinely wanted to help all my customers, but there was only so much I could do. I would just do what I could to make them happy and forget it. In my years there I had great relationships with my customers and rarely had issues. It was usually the ones who dropped their phone, or got it wet, and then were mad that they couldn't get a new phone for free that were the problem.
    I remember when blackberrys were just becoming popular with customers, when we first got the pearl. Then I sold blackberrys, but only to business people, and we started getting young kids, and people who barely used their flip phone coming in to get them. Most of us at the store were hesitant to sell them because they were a bit too much for the average customer, people were coming back saying it was too confusing haha. I still had a 7130 back then haha, how technology has changed.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Unfortunately this is just how it is in the U.S

This is why we will be seeing BB10. As much as I love my current Berry the truth is RIM is behind in the game and have been for some time. BlackBerry10 is going to change peoples perception of what a BlackBerry device is but it will take some time. If the launch is successful and its as amazing as it looks then it should not take too much time.

I'm one American who will be rocking a BlackBerry10 proudly and spreading the word.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by 2:
    blusls (01-14-2013),  neteng1000 (01-13-2013) 
    blusls and neteng1000 like this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,457 Global Posts

Rogers is just as bad. Even at the Vodafone store in Germany when I was getting my SIM the guy asked why people in North America like blackberry's so much? I don't know?? I know why I like it.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Addict

When I was buying something in Best Buy (U.S.) the other day, the manger of mobile sales came up to the sales person helping me and told him that I know more about BlackBerry that he (the manager) ever will. That I am their go-to person. He gets a kick out of it, because he sold me my first BB. I have converted several of them, which does more for RIM than if I was rude. There are so many sale people out there that are leaving the job as soon as they graduate from college and don't know much. We can really influence them and even make their job easier by showing them tips. I showed some guys a few hot licks on the Porsche model one day and they loved it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpsquires View Post
    So these are franchise stores in the US? Well, then yes, maybe...I don't know if it's France or is it about owning your proper stores where companies do have to take every profit, but they really have some sort of procedure (it even happened to me that we'd inquire how to resiliate a contract for real and got a call from another person from the customers service who'd want us to stay).

Anyways, I'd really have no regret of leaving the person who doesn't care about losing a client. Besides, clients need to be helped and guided, giving everybody a Motorola just to get one offered isn't compatible with this, so...

It's not that I have no respect for this job, on the contrary I think that being a sales person is some kind of art and those who are attentive and good at can go very far in their life
    Thanked by:
    convenor (01-14-2013) 
    blusls likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast