Steve Jobs once quoted Picasso by saying "good artists copy, great artists steal." I'm guessing he would've accepted what Tim Cook and Johny Ive did with the iPhone. So to tell you the truth this is him admitting that iPhone copies ideas but this is their way of evolving the UX. Well in my opinion I think no one's innovating anymore but are instead adapting. What are you're opinions????

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:10 PM
    IMHO, OP.. iOS7 is gearing up to be loaded onto a transparent device as most of the online leaks show.
    So you never really know from the innovative point of view.

But yes, fairly disappointed that the once market dominating Apple copies fun features of our Q10/Z10's.
    It's kinda.... Flattering?
    06-11-13 06:15 PM
    Apple is best at Design, Design and Design...they have no sense of technology...that's the part they rely on others...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:24 PM
    Apple is best at Design, Design and Design...they have no sense of technology...that's the part they rely on others...

Posted via CB10
    Well if there's one thing they can say they started or innovated it would be that.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:29 PM
    One would think that with the release of the Q10, bb users would talk about that instead of Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-11-13 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your enthusiasm for Blackberry is commendable but no excuse to spread FUD .

AnandTech Reveals iPhone 5′s A6 SoC Is Purely An Apple Creation
    The iPhone 5's A6 SoC: Not A15 or A9, a Custom Apple Core Instead
    From second link one interesting comment: "I should probably give Apple's CPU team more credit in the future.".

A quote from Chipworks, a reverse engineering company:
    "Reverse engineering company Chipworks has completed its initial microscopic analysis of Apple's new A6 SoC (found in the iPhone 5), and there are some rather interesting findings. First, there's a tri-core GPU — and then there's a custom, hand-made dual-core ARM CPU. Hand-made chips are very rare nowadays, with Chipworks reporting that it hasn't seen a non-Intel hand-made chip for 'years.' The advantage of hand-drawn chips is that they can be more efficient and capable of higher clock speeds — but they take a lot longer (and cost a lot more) to design. Perhaps this is finally the answer to what PA Semi's engineers have been doing at Apple since the company was acquired back in 2008..."
    Link: Apple iPhone 5 – the A6 Application Processor

There's more out there but I get the sense you're probably not interested. Fantasy is sometimes more comfortable than reality.

Not to worry though, like most of the shouters: "Apple copied Blackberry", they only look at the pretty pictures, never digging deeper or checking history, you're in good company.

And by the way, RIM/Blackberry didn't invent QNX. They brought the company.
    06-11-13 06:48 PM
    One would think that with the release of the Q10, bb users would talk about that instead of Apple.

Nah, they all hate people talking about apple so much, that they start countless threads throughout the forums instead. Then complain about the number of apple threads around here.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    06-11-13 06:49 PM
    Look at BlackBerry did with QNX...last I heard was that Apple s buying a finger sensing company, a mapping app in the building...Apple is no sense of technology...they are always behind the curve but where they excel is Design and UI...that's a fact

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:51 PM
    Hey Marty, did you know apple didn't have copy and paste on the first iphone?
    06-11-13 06:52 PM
    Nah, they all hate people talking about apple so much, that they start countless threads throughout the forums instead. Then complain about the number of apple threads around here.
    Exactly. Lol...

06-11-13 06:54 PM
    Didn't someone post a site about the evolution of iOS in one of the forums????

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:56 PM
    Get out of here... No copy and paste? Did the camera have flash?

06-11-13 07:00 PM
    Look at BlackBerry did with QNX...last I heard was that Apple s buying a finger sensing company, a mapping app in the building...Apple is no sense of technology...they are always behind the curve but where they excel is Design and UI...that's a fact

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I it would seem they were behind the curve with the first and second iPhone while Blackberry was still pushing Java. Good point.
    06-11-13 07:01 PM
    Didn't someone post a site about the evolution of iOS in one of the forums????

Posted via CB10
    Don't know, I don't really care about ios. I did read donations thread here though since he has a Z and ios7. To sum up, he said they don't seem the same.
    06-11-13 07:02 PM
    Neither did the second one, iPhone 3. Cut and Paste didn't come out until the June announcement of iPhone 3S. By that time iPhone was a runaway success. Different times.
    06-11-13 07:04 PM
    Imagine if the playbook didn't have native email.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay and h20work like this.
    06-11-13 07:06 PM
    They certainly have lost their touch,nothing spectacular with this new phone,maybe QNX is the real deal, and by them imitating ,and getting all those people, who are probably so stubburn, to consider another phone ,to get used to it ,what the world will come to know as their favorite means to communicate and have fun will be QNX eventually.$$$$$$$ BB
    06-11-13 07:46 PM
    They certainly have lost their touch,nothing spectacular with this new phone,maybe QNX is the real deal, and by them imitating ,and getting all those people, who are probably so stubburn, to consider another phone ,to get used to it ,what the world will come to know as their favorite means to communicate and have fun will be QNX eventually.$$$$$$$ BB
    First we should see what comes of Blackberry imitating Webos. They we can better gauge Apple.
    06-11-13 07:48 PM
    Here's an interview from 1994 with Steve Jobs when he said this: .

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:55 PM
    Considering he's still dead last time I checked, his stealing days are over
    06-11-13 08:02 PM