There might be a bit more credibility if an actual news show made this report.
    Fox NonNews is not in that category. The Passport is doing just fine.
    It should have a factual basis.

It's More Fun using Blackberry Q10 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-19-14 01:14 AM
    Well, first things first. I didn't know that Fox News had a tech reporter. Now, It is also important to recognize that the Fox News demographic is white male, lower middle class over the age of 65. Yikes.

Posted via CB10
    Your full of BS. I'm a young white male and I certainly do not view any of the typical left wing liar withholding real news outlets like cnn and msnbc etc. Fox is the only credible news. Is cnn still talking about the Malaysian airline while we lost a US Ambassador in Libya and none of the left wing outlets would cover that story. I wonder why the Navy Seal who took down bin laden only interviewed with Fox?? Duh!

I'm far from 65. Lol

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and justsomebbuser like this.
    12-19-14 01:28 AM
    I commented positively about the Passport in the Fox news article under studiocityrepub. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 01:30 AM
    Your full of BS. I'm a young white male and I certainly do not view any of the typical left wing liar withholding real news outlets like cnn and msnbc etc. Fox is the only credible news. Is cnn still talking about the Malaysian airline while we lost a US Ambassador in Libya and none of the left wing outlets would cover that story. I wonder why the Navy Seal who took down bin laden only interviewed with Fox?? Duh!

I'm far from 65. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Fox News is MSNBC's right wing counterpart. Of course Fox News went on about Benghazi long after report after report after hearing after hearing showed that there was no wrongdoing by anyone in the Obama administration. After a while, a story about a tragedy goes away if there's nothing else to report. It's been over two years, and Fox News is still hoping for some video of President Obama and future President Hillary Clinton having a party in the White House as the embassy burned in Benghazi.

Fox News is popular and entertaining, but neither makes it credible.
    12-19-14 01:51 AM
    1st, FoxNoise is nothing but opinion pieces, if they removed "news" from their name, they'd cease to exist, but Americans like quick, easy, catchy.. 2nd, nobody uses a smartphone with one hand, they're always held by two hands, no matter the phone size.
    12-19-14 02:23 AM
    "From our friends at Fox News"
    This is written by Mark Spoonauer, Editor in Chief of "Tom's Guide" and has nothing to do with Fox News. It just happened to be an article that was reported on the Fox News site. It would have been the same had it been reported on any other news site.
    12-19-14 02:32 AM
    Love my Passport and glad it stick out of the crowd and it's not a tech. faillure but more akward sized Phone which I called my litte fat men
    12-19-14 02:39 AM
    What could I write beside LOL ?
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    12-19-14 03:36 AM
    additionally, isn't Amazon the only place you can reliably order a passport and have it delivered in any reasonable amount of time? The shop blackberry/digital river thing was an ongoing train-wreck.
    12-19-14 04:42 AM
    I could care less about what some critic says, I am the only critic that has to be pleased. It's my money I am spending, not theirs.

Just remember that they don't write those articles out of the goodness of their hearts, they get paid to write them so take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    thymaster likes this.
    12-19-14 04:58 AM
    I love my passport and wtf is Fox?
    12-19-14 05:25 AM
    On Amazon.com out of 512 customer reviews from people who have purchased the BlackBerry Passport:

447 customers gave it 5 stars
    35 customers gave it 4 stars
    11 customers gave it 3 stars
    9 customers gave it 2 stars
    10 customers gave it 1 star

It is also one of the best selling unlocked phone on Amazon, BlackBerry sold more devices than expected and did not lose any money on it. So how is it a failure?

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Very few of those reviews were posted by "verified purchaser", most were posted by members here trying to make a subpar device look what it is not..sales number release today show it is a flop like all other BB10 phones
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-19-14 07:48 AM
    This is the kind of person Chen is targeting when he releases couple hundreds of passports and says: "it's sold out "

Lmao.

Posted via CB10
    Couple hundred?
    12-19-14 08:46 AM
    You can quote ALL the stats you want from 1 SINGLE web-merchant .... it doesn't make much of a difference..
    But there were only 2 outlets to buy it...and this was one of them....the only one that lets people put up reviews. (AFAIK)
    12-19-14 08:52 AM
    Jeez, the level on this site is going to crap.

IT IS NOT FROM FOX NEWS!!!!!

It is an article from Tom's Guide that Fox did an aggregate story on their site.

Look at Tom's Guide. Voila, there it is. 10 Biggest Tech Fails of 2014

And I'll bet there are 20 more Fox News sucks posts after this. Does anyone read through threads anymore???????????????
    Sad but true.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-19-14 09:17 AM
    Happy bday Bakron1!!

Passport on ATT
    12-19-14 09:37 AM
    I only skimmed through the comments, but at least half are about the passport, and just about all of those are calling bs on the author. This guy is an *****. He writes that the passport is too big, saying it's a tank and can't be used one-handed, then he also writes an article about the best phablets of the year and gushes about them.

Best Phablets 2014 - Top Big-Screen Phones - Laptop Mag

Also writes about the wonderful Nexus 6. What a hypocrite.

Then he has an article about Samsung vs Apple and gives the Apple watch the win over Samsung watches, and Apple's isn't even released yet!!!! I want to punch this guy.
    12-19-14 10:07 AM
    Couple hundred?
    Couple hundred thousand (2 or 3) that when distributed to individual sellers means couple hundreds each.

Which I don't see anything wrong with that. No need to flood the market.

However, it's not what people think that the item is doing awesome.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:55 AM
    I see a different picture for the Fire phone, link:
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (AT&T)

Over 4K reviews and most of them are 1 star.

Attachment 321684
    This is not the one I meant. This is the AT&T phone and there's a lot of unrelated ranting on there. Amazon has a different entry for the off-contract version they released in November and it shows an entirely different picture: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC0USA6...UvbUpU11177290. Amazon made some strategic mistakes, it is their first phone after all. They should not have went with AT&T exclusively and they should not have marketed it as a premium phone as the iPhone and high-end Android phones. They changed course, deployed some updates to work out the bugs and provide new features, and have been getting more praise ever since.

Well it's official: Passport one of 10 tech failures of 2014 [Fox News]-screen-shot-2014-12-19-18.28.38.png
    12-19-14 11:27 AM
    Opinion shows on Fox are clearly biased but the hard news shows are actually pretty good (Shepard Smith comes to mind). Besides, the major networks don't even pretend to be impartial ( a little to the left of Mao) and would never lie........:-)
    justsomebbuser likes this.
    12-19-14 01:04 PM
    Jeez, the level on this site is going to crap.

IT IS NOT FROM FOX NEWS!!!!!

It is an article from Tom's Guide that Fox did an aggregate story on their site.

Look at Tom's Guide. Voila, there it is. 10 Biggest Tech Fails of 2014

And I'll bet there are 20 more Fox News sucks posts after this. Does anyone read through threads anymore???????????????
    They basically endorse the content by putting it on their site. I don't see why they should get a pass just because they are passing along the work of someone else and pretending that is "journalism".
    12-19-14 01:37 PM
    Besides, the major networks don't even pretend to be impartial ( a little to the left of Mao) ......:-)
    Uh, say what? Do you have a single example to back this bold claim up?
    12-19-14 03:48 PM
    Heck it hasn't even launched in the US yet !! Surprised Fox News even had it on its radar.

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10.
    It's preemptive strike by the NSA against the people's right to Privacy, if people it's better to nip this thing in the bud because let's face it if people actually get a chance to try it chances are that their going to like it, then more people might see it and they might want to try it, and before you know it this Passport thing might spread BlackBerry could become popular again and then how the hell are the NSA going to listen in to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:49 PM
    It's preemptive strike by the NSA against the people's right to Privacy, if people it's better to nip this thing in the bud because let's face it if people actually get a chance to try it chances are that their going to like it, then more people might see it and they might want to try it, and before you know it this Passport thing might spread BlackBerry could become popular again and then how the hell are the NSA going to listen in to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    The passport wont' prevent the NSA from listening in unless you're on BES.
    12-19-14 06:03 PM
    The fact that you @OP take Fox News has a legitimate source is more alarming than anything.
    12-19-14 06:19 PM
201 ... 34567 ...