I have an odd question to ask.. Let me see how I can put this into words: I have a lot of messages that I deleted months ago, from my BB.. Is it possible to get those back on my device NOW?? When I "Restore" my BB in Device Manager to a previous date from Months ago all the old msgs are there... But once again when I restore my BB to the Current Date ofcourse I lose all the msgs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 10:56 PM
    Unfortunately, once you delete messages from your device, they are gone for good.

07-07-08 10:57 PM
    You can do a selective restore from however long ago... and you can restore SMS and all of that. I am not sure if it will over-write all of your SMS currently or not. I really do not have personal experience doing an advanced selective restore...
    07-07-08 11:02 PM
    If they come back after a restore, (which I didn't know - I never keep messages) You could do the restore, forward them to another email address, then you could either access them from a PC, or resend them to the BB again.
    07-07-08 11:06 PM
    That's what I was thinking, but I do think once the more recent database is restored, the old stuff will be lost.

This might be a bit tedious, but there is an app Atomichelix
    Notify!
    that will save emails and texts to the notepad.

This seems dangerous to me because I think it could
    lead to memory issues down the line.
    07-07-08 11:07 PM
    If they come back after a restore, (which I didn't know - I never keep messages) You could do the restore, forward them to another email address, then you could either access them from a PC, or resend them to the BB again.
    I tried this once and found that once they are deleted from the server they sit on, you can bring the "shell" of the email back to your bb and forward but any attachments are not there...

Does that make sense?
    07-07-08 11:08 PM
    I tried this once and found that once they are deleted from the server they sit on, you can bring the "shell" of the email back to your bb and forward but any attachments are not there...

Does that make sense?
    Hmmm, this sounds interesting. Any idea on how I can try this?
    07-08-08 12:03 AM
    I think the selective restore will do the trick. Not sure which version of DM you're using, but I run 4.5 and this is the route I would use:

DM->Backup and Restore->Advanced->File->Open->(choose backup file and click open) then select messages and move to the device to restore!
    07-08-08 12:51 AM
    Thanks Pashan. It seemed to work! That's exactly what I was looking for

07-08-08 09:41 AM
    Thanks Pashan. It seemed to work! That's exactly what I was looking for
    You're welcome - glad it worked!!
    07-08-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD