I've had my Blackberry Pearl since February. Never had any major problems with it. I don't drop my phone, or throw it, or anything like that.

The last time I talked on it was yesterday afternoon, and everything went fine. Today, I went to call someone and it was completely silent other than a glitch of the other persons voice every once in a while. So, then I called back, and put it on speakerphone, and it worked perfectly.

Any idea what could be wrong?
    08-27-09 12:36 PM
    Have you done a battery pull? Power on, take out battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:50 PM
    Didn't work. :/
    08-27-09 12:56 PM
    Not sure why the speakerphone would work and not the regular phone. However, you have a 1 year warranty. Forget figuring it out. swap it!
    08-27-09 01:27 PM
    I don't have any sort of warranty. Bought it off of ebay. :/
    08-27-09 01:34 PM
    Not sure why the speakerphone would work and not the regular phone. However, you have a 1 year warranty. Forget figuring it out. swap it!
    The speakerphone and internal speaker use different speakers. It sounds like there is a problem with the speaker making intermittent contact with the mainboard. This could be caused by either a loose physical connection, or possibly by corrosion of the contacts on the speaker/main circuit board.
    08-27-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD