Ok, I've got this weird icon showing-up in the message alert line of my home screen. It's a multi-colored envelope (red/blue/green/yellow) with a yellow star in the upper right-hand corner. And whatever it is, I must have three of them because there is a "3" on the left side of it.

What is this?
    04-28-11 07:11 PM
    3rd party app notification?

None of the stock ones match that.

04-28-11 07:15 PM
    Yeah, it might be because it definitely doesn't match any of those. What I am supposed to do with it?
    04-28-11 07:30 PM
    I seem to remember someone posting something about a colored envelope notification icon, but I can't remember for the life of me what it meant. Perhaps you could take a screenshot?
    04-28-11 07:34 PM
    This might help

Multi-Colored Envelope BlackBerry Home Screen Notification - What Does It Mean?

Why the Multi-Colored Envelope Notification Appears on the BlackBerry Home Screen

I recently downloaded the new eBay app for BlackBerry. I realized that after I installed the app and put a few items in my watch list, the multi-colored envelope icon showed up on my home screen. The purpose of the icon is to keep you updated on Watch List items, buying/selling status, and bids in My eBay. The problem was that when I went to the eBay app to check up on the status of my watch list and other activities, the icon remained. It seems that if you spend any real time using the eBay app, any activity within your My eBay account will trigger the icon to display. It was rather annoying.

The Fix

The multi-colored envelope notification doesn't seem to serve any useful purpose other than constantly nagging you to return to the eBay app. To avoid this annoying notification, simply disable notifications in the eBay app. Open the eBay for BlackBerry app, push your Menu key, select Options, and uncheck the notifications box.
    Tom Slick likes this.
    04-28-11 07:41 PM
    Do I need an app to do a screen shot? It's basically an envelope comprised of four colored triangles -

right side: red
    left side : light green
    top: blue
    bottom: yellow

with a yellow star in a red circle in the upper right hand side.
    04-28-11 07:43 PM
    Hey John - awesome, thanks. However I did do that but the stupid icon is still there.
    04-28-11 07:45 PM
    Do you have the App installed?

Screen shot App. OTA- CaptureIt OTA
    04-28-11 07:46 PM
    Try a battery pull since you changed the settings of the ebay app.
    04-28-11 07:48 PM
    do you have ebay installed ? I get a funky colored envelope looking thing whenever my wife is watching an item on ebay......
    Tom Slick likes this.
    04-29-11 06:19 AM
    Yes, thank you everyone; it was definitely an ebay thing. All is well now. Thanks again.
    04-29-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD