Just bought a new BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset to use with my Curve 8900. Did the 'pairing' between Phone and headset and the sound quality is exceptional so I was happy at first but now am experiencing a WEIRD problem.

It happens when I turn the Z9i on again - and it automatically 'pairs' with the BB8900 - but then when I try to make a call, it dials via the Handsfree/Headset connection - and then automatically switches the call off the headset and onto the phone....

What's going on here? Any ideas? Why is this happening?
    HELLLLPPPP!!!

Miguel
    05-03-09 11:47 AM
    Just bought a new BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset to use with my Curve 8900. Did the 'pairing' between Phone and headset and the sound quality is exceptional so I was happy at first but now am experiencing a WEIRD problem.

It happens when I turn the Z9i on again - and it automatically 'pairs' with the BB8900 - but then when I try to make a call, it dials via the Handsfree/Headset connection - and then automatically switches the call off the headset and onto the phone....

What's going on here? Any ideas? Why is this happening?
    HELLLLPPPP!!!

Miguel
    It sounds like you are dialing the phone before the Z9i has fully connected to your phone.
    05-03-09 03:09 PM
    Do you have version 1.1 on the z9i?

Like lex said check the phone to see if it says in a popup that the connection was sucessfull
    I have the z9i with my curve and I couldn't live without it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 12:23 AM
    Do you have version 1.1 on the z9i?

Like lex said check the phone to see if it says in a popup that the connection was sucessfull
    I have the z9i with my curve and I couldn't live without it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    *whispering* Ummm Chris...the OP hasn't posted here in 4 days; chances are high he's not having the problem any more.
    05-07-09 12:30 AM
    Is it possible to listen to the music on my 8900 from the Z9i?

I just got myself and it doesn't seem to play music. I can make/receive calls. But no music. Kinda disappointed...
    05-19-09 12:19 PM
    Is it possible to listen to the music on my 8900 from the Z9i?

I just got myself and it doesn't seem to play music. I can make/receive calls. But no music. Kinda disappointed...
    I don't believe the Z9i supports the profile that allows you to use them to listen to music. You can always check their website. BlueAnt
    05-19-09 01:14 PM
    Z9i supports A2DP according to Blueant's site.
    05-20-09 02:40 AM
    Z9i supports A2DP according to Blueant's site.
    All I see for this particular model on BlueAnt's website is the Headset Profile (which is not A2DP) and Handsfree Profile.
    05-20-09 02:58 AM
    *whispering* Ummm Chris...the OP hasn't posted here in 4 days; chances are high he's not having the problem any more.
    Scandalex you are probably the rudest member of CB, Just cuz you have a high post count does not give you the right to make rude comments to everyone. Grow up
    05-21-09 08:59 PM
    Scandalex you are probably the rudest member of CB, Just cuz you have a high post count does not give you the right to make rude comments to everyone. Grow up
    You think what I said to Chris was rude? That's funny; considering he didnt have a problem with it and if he did he would have said so.
    05-22-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD