Im having a weird issue and Im hoping at the very least I am not the only one but perhaps someone knows of an easy fix. When using any Today theme after a while I will have a message that will continue to show up even though its been opened. I have tried this on two different OS versions and have the same issue. Has anyone else noticed anything like this??
    11-01-08 07:33 PM
    I use to have that issue with my very first curve. I stopped using the today themes because of that. I have since worked my way back to using them when I am somewhere I can't always check the messages, unless it is important.
    11-01-08 08:13 PM
    I've seen this a couple times in the forums. Only thing I've seen is changing your theme and then changing back to reset it. Usually doesn't work though, you could try it. I don't think any of the thread ever found a solid cure for it..
    11-01-08 08:15 PM
    does it do that with any today theme? or just that one?
    11-01-08 08:55 PM
    Varies. I just know a lot of people have experienced problems with today themes, I don't use them.
    11-01-08 08:58 PM
    Happens on 2 different today theme, the standard Blackberry one and an aftermarket one. I used it on two different OS's, at first I thought it was just the OS version perhaps I was using. Glad to at least know Im not the only one with this issue, I would have thought that RIM would have fixed this already.
    11-01-08 09:24 PM
    To fix this, firrst do a Sync with Outlook. This is most important that you do not miss this step.

• Once the Sync is complete
    • Do a Backup and when complete click Advanced and select and Clear the databases on the Device (Messages or Calendar) that are causing the problem.
    • Do a Restore
    • Do a sync
    The offending message will now have diasapeared.
    11-02-08 06:11 AM
    To fix this, firrst do a Sync with Outlook. This is most important that you do not miss this step.

• Once the Sync is complete
    • Do a Backup and when complete click Advanced and select and Clear the databases on the Device (Messages or Calendar) that are causing the problem.
    • Do a Restore
    • Do a sync
    The offending message will now have diasapeared.
    Thanks, Im interested in trying this, but is this long term solution or just a temp solution until the next time it happens? Ive looked into this issue in other threads and it seems like there is no long term permanent fix. Anyone know for sure???
    11-07-08 06:15 PM
    Have you made sure the message has actually been deleted? Check all your folders separately. I use the Today theme, and sometimes a message can be deleted from the Message folder on the Today screen but it will still be in its individual folder. Its happened to me a few times.
    11-09-08 02:38 AM
    This sometimes happens to me, but only with text messages & when my BlackBerry is locked. It's hard to reproduce consistently. I can open other messages & they will disappear off the today screen, but not the text message.

A battery pull clears it up for me.
    11-09-08 10:55 AM
    I had this similar problem with OS 4.2, however, since upgrading to 4.5, I haven't seen it at all.
    11-09-08 08:42 PM
    This happened to me after I upgraded to OS 4.5

I did the clear/restore process mentioned above, and I have not had the problem since then.
    11-10-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD