I need to kno asap!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 11:27 PM
    i believe it will charge a text message unless you use a program like beejive or im+, but dont quote me on that
    05-21-08 06:35 AM
    Maybe if you actually gave some information when asking your question, you might get better answers.

For example, who is your service provider, and what apps are you running for messaging?

Verizon installs their own version of a messaging app on some of their BBs but that version uses SMS messages (text) for sending and receiving, but that means that if you don't have an unlimited text plan, then you are eating up those text messages you are paying for.

There are other clients that you can download though that use the regular data connection, and in that case (as long as you have a data plan) they do not count as text messages.

Check out Instant Messaging, designed exclusively for BlackBerry from your browser.
    05-21-08 07:13 AM
    My carrier is att and I have unlimited data. I've been using this messenger and hopefully it's data

05-21-08 08:19 AM
    WebMessenger uses Data only. No worries.
    05-21-08 08:25 AM
    Thanks Chaz!!

05-21-08 08:31 AM
    It don't matter who the service provider is, its the app, and it uses data as confirmed by Chaz, but it never hurts to have some one else confirm it as well lol

05-21-08 08:37 AM
    the only way youre charged for a text message on a blackberry is if its, well, a text message. anything else like 3rd party messengers, etc, will use data. this is one of the many examples of why everyone should have unlimited data.
    05-21-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks Blalze!!!!!!!

05-21-08 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD