Hi! Can you all help? I have a Tour (9630)...my first BB and I really like it! It does almost everything I need a device to do: phone, email and texting are the most important functions for me. All that's missing is the web browsing experience. It leaves MUCH to be desired.

I'm with VZW and would love to upgrade...but to what? I know nothing about OS6: how is it? Is web browsing better with OS 6? If not, I am considering jumping ship but I really hesitate. BB works for me and I don't really want to learn a new OS (like Android...Droid Pro has an appealing form factor to me, since I like keys). I don't need a bajillion apps. I just want to successfully browse the web.

Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, experiences to share? If no good options are really there then I'll sit tight and wait for awhile. Switching carriers isn't an option for me, either.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 11:45 PM
    IMHO the web kit browser is a serious upgrade but like always, it has its good/bad issues and limits. For right now, OS6 hybrids increase the performance and reliability of the browsing experience. I was a huge skeptic about OS6 but finally took the blue pill and I am addicted and understand that RIM is heading in the right direction at the right speed.

Tabbed browsing is just awesome and very productive and simplifies the browsing experience by ten folds, it took me a day or so to get use to the browser setup. Does RIM have ways to go, yes but they have ideas up their sleeves and I can actually kinda see where they are trying to offer.

The web page load time is awesome but still kinda glitchy but what truly isn't, the web kit also provides you with a lot of real estate for better browsing. Overall its a serious upgrade from OS5. I would highly recommend to at least try it out for a week or so and find out if that's what you want/need.

Thnx, �Tripster�

01-03-11 12:00 AM
    Sorry but for me it sucks. Small font, slow load time. OS 6 layout is great but just a lousy browser experience. Just my opinion
    01-03-11 12:08 AM
    OS 6 webkit browser on the 9800 is awesome. Readers pages beautifully and fast. A simple double tap to zoom in and re sizes all texts to fit on the screen. Plus the tabbed browsing...way better than on my 9000. First time I have not used a 3rd party browser like Opera on my BB.
    01-03-11 12:13 AM
    I like the browser in OS6 better and it does seem a little faster for web. OS6 does take a little getting used to but I would try it out like tripster said and if you dont like it you can always go back to OS5.
    01-03-11 12:17 AM
    The OS 6 webskit browser is much better and makes you not want to use any 3rd party browser such as BOLT or Opera. It has tabs, and it's faster
    01-03-11 02:38 AM
    As Tripster said it is much better when run on a hybrid. It is an improvement to the browser in OS5, but if you are looking for the android web browsing experience it falls short. That being said, it is a good upgrade.
    01-03-11 07:55 AM
    IMHO the web kit browser is a serious upgrade but like always, it has its good/bad issues and limits. For right now, OS6 hybrids increase the performance and reliability of the browsing experience. I was a huge skeptic about OS6 but finally took the blue pill and I am addicted and understand that RIM is heading in the right direction at the right speed.

Tabbed browsing is just awesome and very productive and simplifies the browsing experience by ten folds, it took me a day or so to get use to the browser setup. Does RIM have ways to go, yes but they have ideas up their sleeves and I can actually kinda see where they are trying to offer.

The web page load time is awesome but still kinda glitchy but what truly isn't, the web kit also provides you with a lot of real estate for better browsing. Overall its a serious upgrade from OS5. I would highly recommend to at least try it out for a week or so and find out if that's what you want/need.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Wait which hybrid do you recommend. I wanted to install the 4.0 by BDTM (I think that's the makers name) but people are reporting there is a wifi setup issue.

01-03-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD