Hey,
    Kind of cool deal I just discovered. I used BeWeather because it has what I consider to be the best graphics.

However, I like AccuWeather for their content (especially the day-by-day) and the graphics are pretty decent. Also the price is perfect. -Free.

So, as I was messing with each app I noticed that you can insert the weather into your calendar. This was a neat surprise because as I was chatting with a friend about going for a bike ride on Friday, I pulled out my BlackBerry and just hit the L as usual to launch the calendar and check my scheduled events for that day and I slid over to Friday and clicked on it.

Bam! The weather forecast dropped down for me automatically. Pretty neat. Further, as I scroll down the day it stayed on top.

I love how my BlackBerry enables me to do things faster and faster by integrating things like this. I know I could have just checked the calendar, then launched the weather then logging the calendar but this is just another neat little shortcut.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-25-12 at 10:23 AM.
    04-25-12 10:21 AM
    here is the day picture.
    04-25-12 10:23 AM
    you didn't state which app put the weather in the calendar
    04-25-12 11:07 AM
    you didn't state which app put the weather in the calendar
    AccuWeather does
    04-25-12 11:24 AM
    YES!! I'm kind of a weather geek, so any place I can see my weather is a plus. I currently have it on my lock screen, home screen (current weather widget), and yet another screen (Weather Bug Elite widget with extended forecast and updated map widget). When I first saw the current conditions forecast in the daily view of the calendar, I felt like I discovered a nice lil easter egg.

04-25-12 11:26 AM
    Hello Blueyestim,
    thanks, it was AccuWeather
    04-25-12 11:28 AM
    here is the day picture.
    Sidways,,,really?

Tim
    04-25-12 11:28 AM
    Hey,
    Kind of cool deal I just discovered. I used BeWeather because it has what I consider to be the best graphics.

However, I like AccuWeather for their content (especially the day-by-day) and the graphics are pretty decent. Also the price is perfect. -Free.

So, as I was messing with each app I noticed that you can insert the weather into your calendar. This was a neat surprise because as I was chatting with a friend about going for a bike ride on Friday, I pulled out my BlackBerry and just hit the L as usual to launch the calendar and check my scheduled events for that day and I slid over to Friday and clicked on it.

Bam! The weather forecast dropped down for me automatically. Pretty neat. Further, as I scroll down the day it stayed on top.

I love how my BlackBerry enables me to do things faster and faster by integrating things like this. I know I could have just checked the calendar, then launched the weather then logging the calendar but this is just another neat little shortcut.
    BeWeather can insert weather into th BB calander?

How?

Tim
    04-25-12 11:33 AM
    trsbbs,
    I don't know that BeWeather can. I used AccuWeather to do it. It is under options.
    04-25-12 11:50 AM
    BeWeather can insert weather into th BB calander?

How?

Tim
    It's AccuWeather that does this.

eta: guerllamo7 beat me to it
    04-25-12 11:51 AM
    How can I assign my letter L key for my calendar? When I hold it for a second, it only wants to assign a speed dial.
    04-25-12 02:07 PM
    don't hold it, just press it quick. You may also need to change a setting if it goes right to search.
    joeye333 likes this.
    04-25-12 02:18 PM
    How can I assign my letter L key for my calendar? When I hold it for a second, it only wants to assign a speed dial.
    Home screen > Options > Display > Home screen preferences > Launch by typing

and change to Application Shortcuts
    04-25-12 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD