how come we are the only people who put on screen protector on bb?

I don't see my coworkers applying screen protectors on my bb.

are we being paranoid or over protective?
    03-06-09 08:55 PM
    hi sito-paranoid...no. over protective-maybe. but as much as i value having my curve, i want it to stay as immaculate as possible-so i will put every screen protector, hard cover, skin, etc. on to keep my 'investment' new and unscratched!

maybe just a little OCD! LOL
    03-06-09 09:00 PM
    More likely practical... yeah, that sounds better than paranoid or overprotective.
    03-06-09 09:00 PM
    I put mine on cause I wanted to be like xliderider.....

Seriously I added one because I did not want scratches on my screen and I was unsure about the application. My next task is the full body skin...More worried about the screen area then say the back battery cover. That is easily replace vs the screen......
    03-06-09 09:05 PM
    Lol, Tremortality...

I gotta say though, for a somewhat higher end phone, these Blackberrys have really cheap, easily scratched lenses. I don't think they are scratch resistant at all. They seem to have designed the lenses to be replaced rather than to resist the scratching in the first place.
    03-06-09 09:11 PM
    I put a BSE on everything because I don't want to start a
    whiny thread about how I got a teeny tiny, only can see it if
    you hold it the right way in proper lighting thread.

Seriously, I got enough to worry about without having to add
    my electronics to the list. $7 and I'm done thinking about it's care.
    03-06-09 09:28 PM
    It's because we LOVE our bb. They despise it. Haha
    03-06-09 10:17 PM
    I have the bse full body protector. Scrapes and scratches get really annoying and unsightly. Especially when its on the screen. I installed a zagg on my gf's e71 for the same reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:10 PM
    I don't think they are scratch resistant at all. They seem to have designed the lenses to be replaced rather than to resist the scratching in the first place.
    I toss my blackberry around the house and work like it's a freakin frisbee half the time and I don't have a single scratch on my lens.
    03-07-09 02:19 AM
    I toss my blackberry around the house and work like it's a freakin frisbee half the time and I don't have a single scratch on my lens.
    I feel sorry for your BB.
    03-07-09 02:20 AM
    yes, screen protectors is a good investment. i dont really care about the body, since you can purchase replacements on cnn.cn. i have a clarivue screen protector on my bold. i didnt really like BSE, cuz its not clear. clarivue is static screen protector and is SUPER clear!!
    03-07-09 10:17 AM
    I had a scratch on the screen of another phone (who shall not be named) and it drove me bananas,so w/ the bb I wanna keep it looking flawless so I went for the screen protector and a case until I get the zagg
    Last edited by simplenigma; 03-07-09 at 10:26 AM.
    03-07-09 10:22 AM
    i would say because the BB is expensive, and we love them... most other phones on the market are cheap flip phones and most people dont care about them...
    03-07-09 10:59 AM
    Interesting study on psychology maybe! Maybe people who are interested in protecting their things are more apt to buy a BB. wait. no. My buddy trashes his phones no matter they are...

I BSE my iPod too though, just not my BB.
    03-07-09 11:02 AM
    I have to agree its more of a preventative than anything else
    and i have the screen protector/privacy screen
    03-07-09 11:04 AM
    If i was to go with a screen protector I would use a privacy protector aka the mirror one, but I have a storm and it is not needed.
    03-07-09 11:06 AM
    I think its only practical to protect these expensive little devices. My friend has an iPhone and he doesn't have a protector on it. So my theory is that he can't possibly love it!

03-07-09 02:30 PM
    I don't use a screen protector on mine. I like my screen without it. I have that "small tiny scratch" on my screen like AG put it. But it doesn't bother me at all.

I still recommend screen protectors who put their phones in their pocket a lot.

03-07-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD