Rim is listening. I feel that we have been heard. When I seen that Bold commerical I almost spit my water in the floor trying to laugh.
    Rim is awake.
    02-02-12 04:46 PM
    I still have a 9700...I can accomplish an incredible amount of tasks in short order....Even on my 9700, I'd like to see any iOS or Android device accomplish the same as what I can do in 5 minutes on my 9700

I like the slogan
    02-02-12 04:54 PM
    Not seen here yet. Anyone able to post it?
    02-02-12 05:54 PM
    Trying to find a copy, nowhere to be found so far. I guess the OP is talking about the restaurant supplier. I have also seen a few other ones, but that tagline was pretty funny. I saw it during a hockey game on TV, weird that RIM isn't playing them on their website.

Here ya go
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-be-...s-hit-airwaves
    02-02-12 06:08 PM
    02-02-12 06:20 PM
    It's a great tag line. A lot better than the "let's rock and roll this" bs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OniBerry, BB_Bmore and ekv like this.
    02-02-12 06:36 PM
    Great to see them finally getting it. It is not true in that I don't find BB any more productive, and I would take the previous poster's challenge. However, they should take the position that it is their target and for many true. They need to play on it like in this commercial.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-02-12 06:55 PM
    Way to send a clear message to all those app/game makers: "We don't need no stinking games!" Great job.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-02-12 07:06 PM
    Way to send a clear message to all those app/game makers: "We don't need no stinking games!" Great job.
    Not to mention to the consumer, it sort of says "don't expect to have any fun on this device".

Still a good tag line tho.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-02-12 at 07:13 PM.
    tjioer, Jeovex and yuvaraki like this.
    02-02-12 07:08 PM
    Rim is listening. I feel that we have been heard. When I seen that Bold commerical I almost spit my water in the floor trying to laugh.
    Rim is awake.
    yep, saw that one on lettermen last night. Sounds like they are listing.
    02-02-12 07:11 PM
    Those adds are pretty useless. Hardly any screen time for the device, and nothing in any of those commercials gives a customer a reason to buy a BB. Other than BBM, which in the US isn't s huge draw, those commercials dont show anything about a BB that any other smartphone can't match. In a merket where RIM is going well these ads would be great. In a market where RIM is struggling and needs to win back some market share, useless.
    mokeikoberry likes this.
    02-02-12 07:23 PM
    Not to mention to the consumer, it sort of says "don't expect to have any fun on this device".

Still a good tag line tho.
    Just can't agree that it is a good tag line. It is a line neither RIM, nor its fans believe or want to be true. While saying it's not a toy, they are doing everything within their power to make it just as much a toy as the devices with which they hope to compete. It is transparent sophistry.

It is like Samsung making fun of the iPhone lines that they would sell their grandmothers to Foxcon for. It is also extremely deceptive, as in a bald-faced lie, to suggest that devices that have lots of games are useless for productivity. It is only a good slogan if intended to attract mindless automatons: you know, the kind BB fans accuse iFans of being, yet desperately want to attract.
    ugahairydawgs likes this.
    02-02-12 07:37 PM
    After seeing them a few times, I will not say they are good commercials. I think RIM does need to make a case for efficiency and capability. They need to show they rule in this area where they shine.

Once again these are commercials that show nothing and provide no examples of what is better. I happen to think the BB UI is great looking yet they rarely show much of it. It almost seems like they don't know what is better or how to show it. I will also say that I think BBM is not a selling point. I would say that 90% of all people I know on BB don't use BBM. Some of you might be diehards, but most people I know want a cross platform IM or use texts.
    mokeikoberry likes this.
    02-02-12 07:50 PM
    Those adds are pretty useless. Hardly any screen time for the device, and nothing in any of those commercials gives a customer a reason to buy a BB. Other than BBM, which in the US isn't s huge draw, those commercials dont show anything about a BB that any other smartphone can't match. In a merket where RIM is going well these ads would be great. In a market where RIM is struggling and needs to win back some market share, useless.
    But at least RIM is getting out there and advertising. And we all know they really need to advertise. They don't necessarily need an ad for a specific device, just a generic Blackberry ad. I think a series of witty ads is not a bad idea.
    02-02-12 07:51 PM
    A user still uses a 'tool' for entertainment and apps.

The Martinez brothers used tools (not toys) to create dj music

The people in BB commercials are using tools (not toys).

Successful people are telling us they use the Bold
    recompile likes this.
    02-02-12 08:02 PM
    Maybe it is the beginning of a major marketing thrust. Each small featurette has a message or something, they could have a 'fun' one or 'entertainment' one.
    02-02-12 08:05 PM
    They have older commercials that are better and show a harmony of both fun and work...

But then again, these probably had a lot to do with AT&T and less to do with RIM. I don't really consider it a step forward to segregate the two...
    02-02-12 08:11 PM
    Why would customers not want both a tool and a toy in the same package? Don't see how this helps attract the youth.
    02-02-12 08:16 PM
    It's about building awareness and a name. One ad will not change things, it takes a multi-pronged approach. Most ads aren't going to be a 30-sec review of the device. Look at the VZW ads for Droids. They hardly show the phone doing any ACTUAL tasks, but they can cut through telephone poles and be held by tiny points in a gyroscope because it's "razr" thin... Did showing silhouettes of dancing people with white headphones show off the device? No, but it made people think they had to have one. Talking about it's strengths is a step along the path. 400 emails a day, that's bound to catch a few people's attention. And it's not all BBM. The DJs talked about Twitter, never mentioned BBM.

When it comes down to it, do you carry your smartphone because you may need it to play some games or as a communication tool? All smartphones can do both but tend to be more suited for one than the other.

I understand that there's a contingent of posters who meticulously dissect and speculate every move that RIM makes to find any possible hint of failure and promote it, but I think it's a little premature to call this one.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-02-12 at 08:25 PM.
    02-02-12 08:22 PM
    "I want action, not distraction."

That's a good start. Next batch of ads must be better thou, maybe show soke 9860s and say how media-friendly they are?
    02-02-12 08:25 PM
    Just can't agree that it is a good tag line. It is a line neither RIM, nor its fans believe or want to be true. While saying it's not a toy, they are doing everything within their power to make it just as much a toy as the devices with which they hope to compete. It is transparent sophistry.

It is like Samsung making fun of the iPhone lines that they would sell their grandmothers to Foxcon for. It is also extremely deceptive, as in a bald-faced lie, to suggest that devices that have lots of games are useless for productivity. It is only a good slogan if intended to attract mindless automatons: you know, the kind BB fans accuse iFans of being, yet desperately want to attract.
    Of course, users would rather hear that their their phone is magical. That's much more firmly rooted in reality.
    02-02-12 08:29 PM
    Of course, users would rather hear that their their phone is magical. That's much more firmly rooted in reality.
    On the contrary, based on the relative success of the platforms at this time, "magical" is exactly what users want to hear.
    02-02-12 08:37 PM
    I've always liked blackberrys commercials. They show real life people using the phone in real life situations. Imo they are better than any phone commercials. The new ones are spot on with what blackberry is. Especially the line we need tools not toys.
    02-02-12 08:42 PM
    It's about building awareness and a name. One ad will not change things, it takes a multi-pronged approach. Most ads aren't going to be a 30-sec review of the device. Look at the VZW ads for Droids. They hardly show the phone doing any ACTUAL tasks, but they can cut through telephone poles and be held by tiny points in a gyroscope because it's "razr" thin... Did showing silhouettes of dancing people with white headphones show off the device? No, but it made people think they had to have one. Talking about it's strengths is a step along the path. 400 emails a day, that's bound to catch a few people's attention. And it's not all BBM. The DJs talked about Twitter, never mentioned BBM.

When it comes down to it, do you carry your smartphone because you may need it to play some games or as a communication tool? All smartphones can do both but tend to be more suited for one than the other.

I understand that there's a contingent of posters who meticulously dissect and speculate every move that RIM makes to find any possible hint of failure and promote it, but I think it's a little premature to call this one.
    This guy understands
    02-02-12 09:21 PM
    I've always liked blackberrys commercials. They show real life people using the phone in real life situations. Imo they are better than any phone commercials. The new ones are spot on with what blackberry is. Especially the line we need tools not toys.

I agree I like BB commercials. They need to show it more often.

It's like a new song on the radio. I hear it the first time and it's okay...I hear it 5 more times and I start to like it

That's seems to be one marketing technique Apple uses...play the commercials a lot....like a new song on the radio
    02-02-12 09:31 PM
313 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD