man i'm all fired up again about my BB. i been kind of down and out lately but new found love i discovered overnight has got me excited again. Amazing what a little education will do for a mind. everyone should talk RIM up at every opportunity we have to our coworkers, family and friends

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry Forum app by Tapatalk
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-08-12 06:37 AM
    What do you mean by new found love

What did you discover
    04-08-12 07:18 AM
    Agreed. I show my PlayBook to Apple enthusiasts. They still make fun of my 9650 but will gladly compare a 9930 or BB10 when I get one!

Since BlackBerry doesn't advertise much at all most people are pleasantly surprised by the PlayBook.
    04-08-12 07:26 AM
    And RIM should also support its existing user base; those with OS 5 and 6. Will they abandon OS 7 when BB10 comes out? Hope not!
    04-08-12 07:35 AM
    RIM has always been great when supporting past OSs. I still get updates on my 8520 (not as quickly as my 9900 mind you). I'll never be worried about RIM forgetting about legacy OS support and updates.
    Chrisy, kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-08-12 07:38 AM
    Agreed. I show my PlayBook to Apple enthusiasts. They still make fun of my 9650 but will gladly compare a 9930 or BB10 when I get one!

Since BlackBerry doesn't advertise much at all most people are pleasantly surprised by the PlayBook.

Some friends of mine have had both devices and they are dead even on browser speed but have left blackberry because of the app ecosystem. They want instagram,words with friends etc......

I read an article the other day about rims future and the author said "RIM sells technology. Apple sells art, music, knowledge, and connectivity."

Rim needs to partner with amazon and take apples thunder.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 07:46 AM
    I'd love to see a partnering with Amazon! Amazon is one of my favorite sites and content providers. Also, Garmin.
    04-08-12 08:17 AM
    I'd love to see a partnering with Amazon! Amazon is one of my favorite sites and content providers. Also, Garmin.

Yup if rim partners with amazon that will be the ecosystem we need to stay alive.

They have everything from music to books to movies.

Link that amazon acct with your normal amazon name so everything can be recovered on you computer too like music and movies and you have a killer ecosystem that blackberry has long been needing.

Chrisy and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-08-12 08:36 AM
    What do you mean by new found love

What did you discover
    Well its like this. No one in my circle of friends has a BB. Only person I know that does is my wife. I am always getting one thing or another thrown in my face when I'm hanging out with friends. Things like why you still holding on to that old thing. Their going out of business and this and that. Look at what my iPhone or my android can do and how fast it is and on and on. I was beginning to feel well maybe they might be right and started to backslide till last night. I came to realize that I don't want a toy and I want a communication device which is what BB does best. On top of that there was a function that I hate to say it but due to my ignorance I thought was impossible. You see I am associated with the weather service and qualified storm spotter. Every time I wanted to look at radar on my 9800 I couldn't see it. I been the screen is a little smaller than say a android device thats out today. I needed tone able to get in close. Same thing on other web pages as well. I never knew it was possible to zoom in about as close as would want to. During my break at lunch last night ( i work the midnight shift) I said I'm getting tired of this. Let me read up and find out there has to be a way to get in close. I was on the blackberry site and reading some of their docs and found out that yes indeed there is a way. I tried it and it worked. I said "holy cow" all this time I been using a BB and didn't knowhow to do that. Man do I feel stupid but you asked and I'm being honest.
    04-08-12 08:40 AM
    And RIM should also support its existing user base; those with OS 5 and 6. Will they abandon OS 7 when BB10 comes out? Hope not!
    I agree they should . I have a os5 device laying in the book shelf and if I ever needed it to be put back in service I would love to be able to bring it to date. I currently use a 9800 OS6 and I haven't seen a official upgrade from ATT in a while
    04-08-12 08:42 AM
    RIM has always been great when supporting past OSs. I still get updates on my 8520 (not as quickly as my 9900 mind you). I'll never be worried about RIM forgetting about legacy OS support and updates.
    I wish I had some one local to me that was a BB geek. I would love to get to the point where I felt comfortable with wiping and loading different OS's on my phone. I'm to chicken to do it unless its already hosed up for some reason
    04-08-12 08:45 AM
    I wish I had some one local to me that was a BB geek. I would love to get to the point where I felt comfortable with wiping and loading different OS's on my phone. I'm to chicken to do it unless its already hosed up for some reason

Just read the forums and watch youtube vids. They're everywhere. That's how I learned. I use bbsak for wiping and the apploader or dm for reloading the new os.

04-08-12 08:53 AM
    I agree that its evident they have to partner with somebody, or get some help, because their ecosystem really needs an overhaul. Its sad because I love my PlayBook and my Bold. Even without the thriving ecosystem of apps and content I love them, but they really should do something about it because most consumers are obviously having a hard time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 09:00 AM
    Yup if rim partners with amazon that will be the ecosystem we need to stay alive.

They have everything from music to books to movies.
    RIM rejects Amazon's takeover offer | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    04-08-12 11:08 AM
    That a year and a half old. Things change.
    04-08-12 11:13 AM
    There's a big difference between being bought out by Amazon and partnering with them for content.
    04-08-12 11:19 AM
    agreed. im sure rim wants to do things with support not sell it and be support.
    04-08-12 02:58 PM
    That a year and a half old. Things change.
    December 2011 wasn't a year and a half ago.

agreed. im sure rim wants to do things with support not sell it and be support.
    Perhaps, but what can RIM offer Amazon? I see the benefit for RIM, but less so for Amazon.
    04-08-12 04:15 PM

Perhaps, but what can RIM offer Amazon? I see the benefit for RIM, but less so for Amazon.

A mobile solution aside from a kindle for music movies and book.

I'm sure they could severely benefit by their network accessible on more than a tablet and a laptop.

04-08-12 06:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ontest-708204/

Checkout the link above posted in the PlayBook forum.
    Support for RIM can also be the PlayBook only or BB phone + PB. Got a PB first then a BB9380. What a combo! and glad to promote the PB whenever I could.
    My family is mostly BB now.
    04-09-12 08:45 PM
    I do my bit, promote RIM as I get a chance. Somtime, it's embarrasing but being canadian i will not stop supporing the canadian company as much as I can.
    In fact I sold the playbook at futureship when a lady was looking for the tablet. Sold her based on needs and she was happy to know the stuff about RIM.
    04-09-12 08:56 PM
    I feel like Im supporting RIM when I show them my phone. Its amazing how little people know about bbs capabilites, I was the same way before I got mine. Simple example that I'm sure everyone here who uses BBs knows about is the notifications. I like how I can set my LED so I can tell whos is txting me just by the color. It's a simple thing but I see it as a big selling point for some people but the average consumer doesnt even know about it.
    04-09-12 10:19 PM
    I feel like Im supporting RIM when I show them my phone. Its amazing how little people know about bbs capabilites, I was the same way before I got mine. Simple example that I'm sure everyone here who uses BBs knows about is the notifications. I like how I can set my LED so I can tell whos is txting me just by the color. It's a simple thing but I see it as a big selling point for some people but the average consumer doesnt even know about it.
    ya its simple things like a flashing light that is one of the features of my bb i really like
    04-09-12 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD