People need to get through their heads that blackberry doesn't have the cashflow to keep risking the company with bb10. Using android is a matter of ppl being in a comfort zone. People hate change...period. We wouldn't have had this problem if bb10 was created in 2007, not in 2010.

If the Priv is successful, it can probably bring some attention back to blackberry itself and get people to try out BB10. Right now they have to rebuild their image. Who knows? Maybe they can offer both BB10 and Android phones. One step at a time everyone. It took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:46 PM
    OS X started with NeXT. It was not abandoned.
    10-12-15 03:51 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have a choice....

We do.
    10-12-15 03:51 PM
    BlackBerry has a choice, like Nokia did.
    10-12-15 03:54 PM
    My choice is, BlackBerry goes Android, bye bye after owning most devices since the Curve 8310. Off to iOS I go.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 10-12-15 at 04:16 PM.
    10-12-15 03:57 PM
    Ugh, I don't wanna have to learn a new OS. I'm so fluent with BB10 and know where everything is!! Just looking at the samsung phones bugs me lol
    vanrickman, wilber1, FF22 and 10 others like this.
    10-12-15 04:18 PM
    People need to get through their heads that blackberry doesn't have the cashflow to keep risking the company with bb10. Using android is a matter of ppl being in a comfort zone. People hate change...period. We wouldn't have had this problem if bb10 was created in 2007, not in 2010.

If the Priv is successful, it can probably bring some attention back to blackberry itself and get people to try out BB10. Right now they have to rebuild their image. Who knows? Maybe they can offer both BB10 and Android phones. One step at a time everyone. It took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    I agree but don't think it will get people to try BlackBerry OS10 phones. Like you said, people don't like change.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 04:40 PM
    NO! there is always a choice

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:44 PM
    OS X started with NeXT. It was not abandoned.
    Osx did not make the company reach its success. It's probably 10% of their sales today. Itunes led to the ipod, then the iphone success.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:57 PM
    Ugh, I don't wanna have to learn a new OS. I'm so fluent with BB10 and know where everything is!! Just looking at the samsung phones bugs me lol
    Android is not that bad. BB10 is just an android without all the unnecessary 3rd party apps running all the time. I'm pretty sure blackberry did everything to make sure it's as stock as possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:00 PM
    It's only a phone! Jeez get a life.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:00 PM
    I agree but don't think it will get people to try BlackBerry OS10 phones. Like you said, people don't like change.

Posted via CB10
    I believe it will. The biggest hump blackberry is experiencing is getting the person to experience our product. Once they experience the Priv, they will check out the other products.

It will get more publicity (since BlackBerry itself is horrible at marketing).

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-12-15 11:05 PM
    I'm going to pay the high end price (if BB10 is still offered).

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    acovey and S Valmont like this.
    10-12-15 11:10 PM
    I think it would be nice if this priv came in bb10 and Android. I would get Android of course but the option would be nice for those who want it with bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    CDM76, OceanBerry and acovey like this.
    10-13-15 03:13 AM
    Android is not that bad. BB10 is just an android without all the unnecessary 3rd party apps running all the time. I'm pretty sure blackberry did everything to make sure it's as stock as possible.

Posted via CB10
    pretty much this. Took all of 5 minutes to get used to not gesturing.
    BB10 and Android are really close to each other in terms of performance and use
    Xaiux, pantlesspenguin and DJM626 like this.
    10-13-15 04:10 AM
    Of course we have a choice, quite a few, actually.

1. Stand pat. BB10 phones will likely work just fine for the next couple of years, and possibly longer. That's 2-3 iterations of iOS, Android and Windows phones, while true mobile computing becomes smaller and more convenient via 2-in ones and pro tablets.

2. Go iOS

3. Go Android

4. Lose the mobile phone entirely for a VOIP solution on an ultra portable computer.

I am of the opinion that all "smart phones" are actually dumb computers, without the horsepower, full featured OS, or I/O flexibility to make them worth the prices being paid.

My plan will likely be to maintain a BB10 phone for the next couple of years, and spend the savings on a Surface Pro 4 with wireless data to carry in my bag. I'll get the benefit of a real computer with full size keyboard, mouse, etc., and I won't have to buy and maintain a stable of single-purpose apps.

It just seems to me that "smart phones" are a phase between early cell phones and true, omnipresent portable computing. For the capabilities they provide the premium devices are way overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa, bh7171, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    10-13-15 04:26 AM
    BB10 will not stop working overnight just because Blackberry canned BB10. It will work a long time after that.

Then on the horizon we have Sailfish, Ubuntu, Tizen, Firefox OS and Luna OS.
    acovey likes this.
    10-13-15 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry fans want a BlackBerry... Plain and simple.

If I'm forced to go android, then why would I want to give my money to a company that is merely selling out to get Google abilities.

We are BlackBerry fans and users for a reason... we like how they work, what they can do and offer.

Rip the band aids off, and stitch up the wound properly.

There are tons of niche companies out there that do quite well, BlackBerry could be one of them.

To me it feels like they are just scrambling to hit on something that will sell units, instead of truly being innovative and creating that must have/need item.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    10-13-15 05:28 AM
    *cue the "no way lolz, BlackBerry android sux breh so movin' to iOS" folk*

What a bunch of babies.

iOS and Android have (almost) the same level of security.

As for using Android, it won't be slow. People that have said Android was slow were folks who used crappy Samsung devices or cheap Android phones.

The Priv will be close to stock like Google's Nexus phone.

I for one hope this phone succeeds. If not, oh well.

If they quit the hardware business after this, I really don't care.

Strictly using my Classic because of the keyboard. It's not great, but it works. It is a phone after all.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    10-13-15 06:31 AM
    Well as much as I love BB10 I am going to miss my z30.
    I've been wanting the slider for a long time now before anything was even shown off, I was bummed it's android. But have come to accept that.

I get annoyed sometimes with the runtime anyways. Apps take forever to load and hasn't improved much lately.. if they fixed it properly than I could probably continue to live without google play.. but like sound hound when I want to tag a song takes like half the song before its loaded.

So I'm fine with Priv being android at this point and frankly would rather support their android test and hope it works out than just sit back or go to a competitor and ruin any chance of BlackBerry hardware being around in the future.

As for that iOS, I had a few of them.. my 4s was my favourite model of iPhone, but it gets so stale, hate the 5 and 6 designs and really when I upgraded from 3GS to 4s the excitement wore off within a day... Ya it had better camera which was great, but the OS just got boring for me, plus they still have barely improved the battery life. So me going to my first officially owned android gives me stuff to fool around with, and it will be all that much better when it gets marshmallow and can disable permissions just like on BB10

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix News C003BA5E3 *-*
    eggman1987 likes this.
    10-13-15 07:13 AM
    Osx did not make the company reach its success. It's probably 10% of their sales today. Itunes led to the ipod, then the iphone success.

Posted via CB10
    OS X is what revived the Mac, I would not have got one otherwise. And it is the basis of iOS.
    anon9347040 likes this.
    10-13-15 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10

I guess BlackBerry is not much less spyware than Android, iOS, or Windows. That's why there's Jolla.
    S Valmont likes this.
    10-13-15 12:49 PM
    Myself, I am going to embrace the Priv. I have been using Blackberry devices since the beginning and I have also used the Android and IOS platforms as well.

As far as I concerned they all have their good and bad points and in the end you choose what best fits your needs.

I am looking forward to buying a Priv and using it as my daily driver. It's still going to be a unique device and what some folks fail to see is the name that's on the bezel, which is still Blackberry and that's good enough for me.
    10-13-15 12:57 PM
    It's like Chen says, the future of devices is in integration. If he means that, and he can really bring the best parts of BB10 to Android, then I don't see any reason why not to stick with the company going forward. The Priv has the Slider design which was my favorite of any mobile device (Torch 9800) and I don't see any reason why they can't bring all of what I love and use with BB10 to Android with as customizable as it is supposed to be.

It's time to stay optimistic.

I really don't understand the people saying that they will suddenly jump to iOS. Is this just a rebellious boycott of BlackBerry and Android? There is no question that iOS is going to be WAY FURTHER from BB10 than what the BlackBerry Android will be. Good luck to you... I will not even try to understand why you'd go that route but do what you feel is best for you.
    10-13-15 01:14 PM
    If they can't handle the BB10 just drop hardware all together (they will do that anyway after priv). It is a disgrace to move to droid.

And droid is not very different? That's a crappy big spy machine always with you. That itself is the reason most people don't like that crp.
    acovey likes this.
    10-13-15 01:16 PM
162 123 ...