If they can't handle the BB10 just drop hardware all together (they will do that anyway after priv). It is a disgrace to move to droid.

And droid is not very different? That's a crappy big spy machine always with you. That itself is the reason most people don't like that crp.
    Not really sure who the "most people" are... as Android has a pretty dominate position in the mobile OS market.

I know all about the hope of a software only BlackBerry... but right now Chen needs to still sell hardware. If that means selling Android phones with less that perfect security or privacy.... your free to find your own alternative.
    allsportsfan and Donvald like this.
    10-13-15 01:32 PM
    Not really sure who the "most people" are... as Android has a pretty dominate position in the mobile OS market.

I know all about the hope of a software only BlackBerry... but right now Chen needs to still sell hardware. If that means selling Android phones with less that perfect security or privacy.... your free to find your own alternative.
    Most people out of the ones that don't like this temp change.

"Dominate position" means nothing on mobile market since my dead grandma could "make" and sell a droid phone. And well that's what they are doing since day 1. You flood the market, you got the market share and then you think you've got something "special".
    acovey likes this.
    10-13-15 01:38 PM
    There's enough choice. In some parts of the world they're still selling BBOS7 phones in stores, so BB10 will definitely be around for a while. Depending on the success of the slider and the impact on BB10 sales, there might even be some more hardware coming. Otherwise, just deal with it. BB10 is not the only good OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:39 PM
    It's like Chen says, the future of devices is in integration. If he means that, and he can really bring the best parts of BB10 to Android, then I don't see any reason why not to stick with the company going forward. The Priv has the Slider design which was my favorite of any mobile device (Torch 9800) and I don't see any reason why they can't bring all of what I love and use with BB10 to Android with as customizable as it is supposed to be.

It's time to stay optimistic.

I really don't understand the people saying that they will suddenly jump to iOS. Is this just a rebellious boycott of BlackBerry and Android? There is no question that iOS is going to be WAY FURTHER from BB10 than what the BlackBerry Android will be. Good luck to you... I will not even try to understand why you'd go that route but do what you feel is best for you.

I personally have multiple reasons to avoid android.
    1: I simply don't like the stock UI and especially hate the OEMs crap running on top. Reminds me of a crappy mIRC script running old fserve bots. I have not used android M yet but I have other reasons to stay away...

2: If we all support 1 ecosystem is gives no means to diversify. We wont see anything but what Google can imagine. I rather have competition spur growth and drive new developments than a big *** company knowing it has everyone on lock.

3: I prefer the smaller platform partially due to the larger always being the focus of most security threats, but mostly for exclusivity. I don't want to be the sheep, I prefer to be the wolf.
    jsmith00075 and acovey like this.
    10-13-15 01:44 PM
    I was speaking with my son this past Sunday evening. I told him I was planning on getting a Z30 to replace my Z10. He asked why don't I just wait and get the Priv? I told him I just prefer using OS10. He said eh, all the Priv is going to do is to is postpone the inevitable anyways.

Before you go asking so what does he know?, All I can say is that his credentials are solid in the wireless and networking arena.

Personally I think he's right. I just can't see them selling 5M phones.
    10-13-15 03:00 PM
    if I want to go android I don't have to get a BlackBerry device, there are hundreds of options in the android ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and jsmith00075 like this.
    10-13-15 03:06 PM
    I was speaking with my son this past Sunday evening. I told him I was planning on getting a Z30 to replace my Z10. He asked why don't I just wait and get the Priv? I told him I just prefer using OS10. He said eh, all the Priv is going to do is to is postpone the inevitable anyways.

Before you go asking so what does he know?, All I can say is that his credentials are solid in the wireless and networking arena.

Sorry but he is wrong .

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:26 PM
    Sorry but he is wrong .

If this was 2013 and all of enterprise was waiting to see what BlackBerry would do... I'd say they might have a good chance at making Android a success.

But enterprise isn't waiting on BlackBerry anymore.... they for the most part have moved on to Apple and are loving the stability, different form factors, and the regular across the board updates. The few Enterprise customers that mistakenly put their faith in BlackBerry new OS BB10... most likely aren't going to be too happy with BlackBerry. Add in how slow Enterprise moves and I think there is little chance BlackBerry will sell many PRIV's to the enterprise market before Chen's clock runs out (9 months).

Based on how many times Chen said highend and privileged... I don't it will appeal to the consumer market.

One again it will be up to the FANS to buy BlackBerry's latest beta products.... maybe if they release the PRIV is five different colors they'll sell that many.
    JeepBB and Allanon89 like this.
    10-13-15 03:37 PM
    Well as much as I but like sound hound when I want to tag a song takes like half the song before its loaded.
    My sound Hound opens in 2 seconds and I can instant use it. It's the version from BlackBerry world.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-13-15 03:50 PM
    If this was 2013 and all of enterprise was waiting to see what BlackBerry would do... I'd say they might have a good chance at making Android a success.

But enterprise isn't waiting on BlackBerry anymore.... they for the most part have moved on to Apple and are loving the stability, different form factors, and the regular across the board updates. The few Enterprise customers that mistakenly put their faith in BlackBerry new OS BB10... most likely aren't going to be too happy with BlackBerry. Add in how slow Enterprise moves and I think there is little chance BlackBerry will sell many PRIV's to the enterprise market before Chen's clock runs out (9 months).

Based on how many times Chen said highend and privileged... I don't it will appeal to the consumer market.

One again it will be up to the FANS to buy BlackBerry's latest beta products.... maybe if they release the PRIV is five different colors they'll sell that many.
    The Priv isn't targeted at Enterprise it's for John Public

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:04 PM
    we have a choice to use what suits our personal needs, I use 9900's for business use and BBOS7 still works very well in 2015, and BB10 for personal Q5/Q10/Z10 and Z30 they will continue to work for many years, as for the new Priv running Android it should be a vanilla version, perhaps with a Blackberry launcher giving the feel of BB10 available from play store that would be an option for those who would like a BB10 edition, I will give it a try as having a full touch screen and slide out real keyboard is best of both worlds, if asked what is it ? it's a Blackberry of course what else would I use.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-13-15 04:08 PM
    pretty much this. Took all of 5 minutes to get used to not gesturing.
    BB10 and Android are really close to each other in terms of performance and use
    Yes, much more similar to each other than iOS and Android. I have all three and find it takes me a minute to go back into Apple mode vs the other two operating systems.
    10-13-15 04:13 PM

IF there's no real demand for a touch capacitive pkb on Android, then he's probably right. And/or BlackBerry prices the device too high or otherwise doesn't deliver on the software end...

But, if it's reasonably priced for a flagship device and well placed in carrier stores (all USA carriers!), then 5M is definitely possible.
    10-13-15 04:18 PM
    Ugh, I don't wanna have to learn a new OS. I'm so fluent with BB10 and know where everything is!! Just looking at the samsung phones bugs me lol
    OS learning curves aren't easy, especially when one does a lot on their phone. But think of it this way: A little under three short years ago we all had to undergo the learning curve to get used to BB10 after years on BBOS. We managed just fine then, and the Priv adopters will manage just fine now .
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-13-15 06:05 PM
    OS learning curves aren't easy, especially when one does a lot on their phone. But think of it this way: A little under three short years ago we all had to undergo the learning curve to get used to BB10 after years on BBOS. We managed just fine then, and the Priv adopters will manage just fine now .
    Still don't understand "the learning curve " one or two days with BlackBerry 10 and you get it. Maybe I'm a genius?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:07 PM
    Still don't understand "the learning curve " one or two days with BlackBerry 10 and you get it. Maybe I'm a genius?

Posted via CB10
    All OS's are different. Try going from using Windows 7 everyday to suddenly using Windows 8, for example. And that's the same company, lol.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-13-15 06:15 PM
    Although tempted by the PRIV hardware, I'd rather go to iOS (which i think is HORRID for Email)than go android. I'd rather get service from a content supplier than from a data miner. I know nothing about windows phone, maybe I'll research it....see what they have to offer.
    10-13-15 06:16 PM
    All OS's are different. Try going from using Windows 7 everyday to suddenly using Windows 8, for example. And that's the same company, lol.
    Been there done that. Perhaps I'm exceptional.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:19 PM
    Been there done that. Perhaps I'm exceptional.

Posted via CB10
    So you weren't at all 'thrown' by the disappearance of the Start button? You're definitely exceptional, and not representative of the majority, lol. Considering that Microsoft has pretty much reinstated all features of Windows 7 back into Windows 10 (while keeping those stupid, useless tiles), speaks for itself, imho.

If you have ever helped out friends / family when it comes to tech, you'll know they hate change. That's the majority of people in my personal experience. Once they find something they like / can use, they stick with it. Too much work to do otherwise. That's just the way it is.
    10-13-15 06:31 PM
    Right now they have to rebuiIt took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    Who is the Steve Jobs type at BlackBerry?
    10-13-15 06:31 PM
    We don't have a choice but to go to android...-img_00000843_edit.png

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    Couver81, acovey and Asvertus like this.
    10-13-15 07:01 PM
    So you weren't at all 'thrown' by the disappearance of the Start button? You're definitely exceptional, and not representative of the majority, lol. Considering that Microsoft has pretty much reinstated all features of Windows 7 back into Windows 10 (while keeping those stupid, useless tiles), speaks for itself, imho.

If you have ever helped out friends / family when it comes to tech, you'll know they hate change. That's the majority of people in my personal experience. Once they find something they like / can use, they stick with it. Too much work to do otherwise. That's just the way it is.
    No I wasn't,the start button? No! went into Microsoft Windows 10 with all its bugs without issues. Again perhaps I'm" specia"l!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:15 PM
    It's only a phone! Jeez get a life.

Posted via CB10
    You know what? Your comment makes the most sense; all these forums and discussions.... really?, heck, I'm going to enjoy my phone and when it dies, I'll get a freaking feature phone LOL!

Posted via CB10
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    10-13-15 07:33 PM
    I personally have multiple reasons to avoid android.
    1: I simply don't like the stock UI and especially hate the OEMs crap running on top. Reminds me of a crappy mIRC script running old fserve bots. I have not used android M yet but I have other reasons to stay away...

2: If we all support 1 ecosystem is gives no means to diversify. We wont see anything but what Google can imagine. I rather have competition spur growth and drive new developments than a big *** company knowing it has everyone on lock.

3: I prefer the smaller platform partially due to the larger always being the focus of most security threats, but mostly for exclusivity. I don't want to be the sheep, I prefer to be the wolf.
    1 - If what is being said about the UI for the Priv, people keep saying it will be mostly basic. Also, with Marshmallow, when the Priv gets it, you will now be able to control specific permissions within each app. That was always my biggest complaint with Android but sill used it. I should be able to choose how an app performs on my device. Android is giving that capability now. If BB does this right, you wont have issues with glitchy and boggy Manufacturer added/un-deleteable apps running. It will be like the Nexus in that respect which has a very loyal following.

2 - The very diversity that you seek is the very reason BB10 didn't work out. People developing apps, maintaining them, and perfecting them is exactly what is needed. iOS does so well because there is a huge and very well organized app market. Android is getting better in that respect but apps are generally made for both platforms. BB10 is not. Question, would you say Windows or OS X consist of only what Microsoft or Apple think up?

This brings me to a very important and relevant point about the potential operating systems. If a person is thinking of leaving BB10 and going to IOS or Android, they should take the time to fully educate themselves on each system. Android is much more like BB10 than IOS is. If you have never used IOS, get ready for a huge change. Apple controls VERY much what you can and cannot do with your device. Now with BB10, you can plug your computer in or an SD card and treat it just like another file on your computer. Apple is VERY much not this way. You cannot do this. You must use Itunes to add and delete songs, pictures, and even files. Here's the kicker. Itunes is absolutely atrocious. Even the Apple fan boys are fed up with it. Android is more like Windows in that respect. Its your phone, your files, do what you want. It is a very liberal OS and allows you to do pretty much what you want... within reason. I really like that aspect of it. I hate how Apple wants to control the content you put on your phone.

3 - Well, as for being different, that's personal preference, nothing to say about that. BUT, I would argue that the larger a platform is along with its user base, brings a lot more attention from detecting issues and correcting them quicker. Chen just stated that no system is completely safe, its wise for BB to come into Android and find a way to make it safer. Its possible it could turn out to be the choice OS in terms of security in a short period of time.
    10-13-15 07:56 PM
    I will grab a z30 if I can still find one

Posted via CB10
    acovey and vanrickman like this.
    10-13-15 08:58 PM
162 1234 ...