hmm currently have a z10 and battery life is bad. so considering going for the z30 as like blackberry and had em for years. however my concern is the continued future of the company, if you believe what you read in the papers the launch of the z3 hasn't been very successful. if this fails will this be the end of the smart phone market. don't want to commit to another expensive phone with all this doubt. Iphones no good either as they have appalling battery life so it would be android, probably the note 3 or S5 both have good battery life. And good re-sale value and history and future. What the general opinion of blackberry smartphone future and support going forwards for current phone users.

Ta

Jan
    05-17-14 02:46 AM
    hmm currently have a z10 and battery life is bad. so considering going for the z30 as like blackberry and had em for years. however my concern is the continued future of the company, if you believe what you read in the papers the launch of the z3 hasn't been very successful. if this fails will this be the end of the smart phone market. don't want to commit to another expensive phone with all this doubt. Iphones no good either as they have appalling battery life so it would be android, probably the note 3 or S5 both have good battery life. And good re-sale value and history and future. What the general opinion of blackberry smartphone future and support going forwards for current phone users.

Ta

Jan
    IMO it is too early to speculate the success or failure of Z3 and hence the future as well. Even if by any chance Z3 didn't work out, I don't think so BlackBerry would be quitting the hardware business 'anytime' soon, at least this is the word from Chen. Also devices in the near future are also announced. So don't worry and enjoy Z30, the company won't be withdrawing it's support for quite some time now.

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    janhsmn likes this.
    05-17-14 03:18 AM
    If you like your Z10 and BB10 in general, and battery life is your only concern... Then get a Z30. Every review I�ve read seems to agree that it's the best BB10 device by far.

What happens to BB, as a company, in the future is largely irrelevant to that decision. Your phone will still work, and will almost certainly still receive support in the form of OS10.3 when it comes. If it breaks, you have the warranty to fall back on.
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-17-14 03:44 AM

Ta

Jan
    No one can say anything about the Z3s success or failure, it's too too early to say anything!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:42 AM
    Z3 has been out for 2 days, what paper are you reading? National inquirer!
    05-17-14 05:03 AM
    Don't worry, BlackBerry won't go down for at least the next 2 years guaranteed, the z3 sales are actually good, one shop doesn't tell the whole story and don't trust CNET! BlackBerry are gonna release a couple more phones this year! The z30 is an amazing phone and In my opinion, the best!

Posted via CB10
    janhsmn likes this.
    05-17-14 06:13 AM
    Ph's are good for two years... maybe 3 or 4 years if on pre-paid. Build a bridge! suck it up... Z10 is an alright piece of kit for a reasonable price at the mo.

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    05-17-14 06:30 AM