What are the chances of the new bb10 devices being waterproof? Probably slim to none. I just saw this panasonic phone that is waterproof and dust proof and it looks sleek. Would be awesome for construction workers or anyone else who uses their phones out in the open environment.
    Or for people who drop their phones in the toilet lol. It doesn't seem like it takes much to make a device waterproof. I hope rim makes one of their future bb10 devices like this.

Panasonic Eluga review -- Engadget

THE NEW WATERPROOF SMARTPHONE ELUGA BY PANASONIC
    11-16-12 07:20 AM
    I think that's better off in the hands of third-parties. Websites such as this, allow you to waterproof your device

Liquipel | Make Your Cell Phone Watersafe, No Case Required!
    tinoman likes this.
    11-16-12 07:41 AM
    I'd have to assume that to be waterproof, that it would sealed up pretty tight, which would indicate a non removable battery. I'd simply get a waterproof case if that's something that you would need or want. You mentioned construction... being waterproof doesn't make it drop proof or shock proof. A good case would protect it in better and more all around ways.
    tinoman likes this.
    11-16-12 09:30 AM
    Good point about the removable battery. There are waterproof/shockproof digital cameras that have removable batteries. However, those are pretty bulky for the most part. I wouldn't want rim to sacrifice aesthetics for ruggedness.
    11-16-12 10:19 AM
    i am a habitual phone dropper, i would love a polycarbonate body with the latest gorilla glass coating and mil spec shock and dust proof and 3m water resistance for 30 minutes. It could still have the removable battery, look at the Samsung Rugby. combine that with all the other BlackBerry goodness and i would be set!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-16-12 10:31 AM