I let it dry out in a bag with rice for 3 days, I tried it this morning and the screen does not come on, only the red light comes on, it doesnt flash though, just stays red.

NEED HELP!!!!
    08-25-09 08:45 AM
    sounds like you are out of luck. Did you remove the battery and case when you put it in rice? Generally if the moisture is still in the phone when it turns back on it shorts out the phone which is what damages it.
    08-25-09 08:49 AM
    Your device is probably fried. If you have let it dry out for that long, I dont think there is much else you can do.
    08-25-09 08:50 AM
    Sounds fried, BUT you can try replacing the battery, and or treating it like it has a nuked OS. However most likely it's now a paperweight.
    08-25-09 08:52 AM
    sounds like you are out of luck. Did you remove the battery and case when you put it in rice? Generally if the moisture is still in the phone when it turns back on it shorts out the phone which is what damages it.
    yeah i took it completely apart. generally if its fried only the red light comes on?
    08-25-09 08:53 AM
    Sounds fried, BUT you can try replacing the battery, and or treating it like it has a nuked OS. However most likely it's now a paperweight.
    damn
    08-25-09 08:54 AM
    Scrub the main board with pure rubbing alcohol. Water itself does not damage electronics, it's the minerals in it. All drying the board does is evaporates the water but the minerals are left in the leads of the chips.

Turning it on before scrubbing it was probably a very bad idea though.

Remember, water is a very poor conductor and on a device with almost no current running between the components nothing much will cause the water to damage anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD