Ok so my buddy has a nextel curve and he dropped it in a water puddle today. Anyone have any tricks or anything that could get it back up and running. And yes there's a red dot behind the battery pack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:00 PM
    Get a new one. Warranty doesn't cover water damage.
    05-17-09 01:01 PM
    Take the battery out and put both the battery and the phone into a bag of dried rice. Close it up and leave for a few days. Sometimes this draws the moisture out.
    05-17-09 01:02 PM
    Take the battery out and put both the battery and the phone into a bag of dried rice. Close it up and leave for a few days.
    lol, is that a serious answer?
    Get a new one. Warranty doesn't cover water damage.
    Then can't you say you lost it?
    Go with the good ole rice trick. But it in a bag of rice for a good 24 hours. It's not guaranteed but I have seen many people here that has had a great outcomes with the trick.
    05-17-09 01:03 PM
    lol, is that a serious answer?
    Yes, it is. i've seen phones with water damage dried in the rice and then work.
    05-17-09 01:03 PM
    Yes, it is.
    But he dropped the whole phone in the water. What good is the rice trick going to do if the hardware is damaged?
    05-17-09 01:04 PM
    The rice really does work. It does suck out all of the water. In my case, it wasn't able to save my Curve because I wasn't able to take out the battery and keep it from frying the phone (washing machine). Hopefully your friend was able to take it out quickly.
    05-17-09 01:05 PM
    But he dropped the whole phone in the water. What good is the rice trick going to do if the hardware is damaged?
    Depends how much water damage was done. The rice is not going to hurt it any more so it is worth a try.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dro...highlight=rice
    05-17-09 01:06 PM
    It doesn't matter. The rice has brought many many people's phones back from the dead after going for a swim.
    05-17-09 01:06 PM
    It doesn't matter. The rice has brought many many people's phones back from the dead after going for a swim.
    Yes! i have seen it. Doesn't work all the time and doesn't always last. But, like i said, why not try it...
    05-17-09 01:07 PM
    You can at least try. Then he will find out if the hardware is damaged or not. I have heard people dropping the phone in the toilet and did the rice trick and the phone still worked. So tell your friend to at least give it a try. Doesn't hurt
    05-17-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD