Ok...so here it goes.
    Last friday down here in San Diego. Sungod Festival.
    Im at a couple of "pre-party' parties and they have a water slip and slide.
    I take EVERYTHING out of my pocket, especially my Curve. I slide fully clothed (shirt, jeans, shoes) and then i just keep everything out of my pockets for a while. A while later, pre-partying is over and everyones going to the festival.
    I put my phone in my pocket.
    At Sungod, my phone doesnt respond to a damn thing. Nothing. The keyboard and trackball stop working. I get mad and go home because all my friends are calling and messaging me, but guess what? I cant use any of my buttons to respond and find out where they are.

>I connect my BB to the computer to restart OS. REBOOTS BUT NO FUNCTION.

>I stick my phone in rice and let it dry for days. 6 WATER DROPS CAME OUT.

>Tried to re-install OS. WHITE SCREEN, CONTINUOUS REBOOT.

>Found thread for nuked BB (followed it to the T). CAN USE BB FOR A BIT, BUT CANNOT RESTORE DATA. RESTORING DATA RESULTS IN NO BUTTON FUNCTION.

>Re-install OS to erase restored data. CAN USE FOR 5 MINS AND THEN BUTTONS STOP WORKING.

i cannot use any other themes besides the ATT one because the buttons stop responding. however, if i mash all the buttons the screen lights up and i can use the trackball but i cant use the trackball function or any other buttons.

So...I come here hoping for some advice. And yes, I know just getting a new phone would solve the problem, but i dont want to give up because i dont want to lose. I know there is a solution. hopefully you guys can help me find it.
    Cheers.
    05-20-09 03:17 PM
    soak it in a bowl of 99% rubbing alcohol for a minute, then take it out and let it dry for a few days. Make sure to take the battery out and leave the battery cover off. I've never done this personally, but have heard it works. I talked about it with some people on a sony ericsson forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:04 PM
    had the pearl in the shower today. don't ask, or i'll tell LOL.

it's waterproof. for the most part.

worthless story but I had to brag LOL

anyway, good luck!
    05-20-09 04:17 PM
    Sounds like damage and corrosion to the device may have already taken place. I've never tried the rubbing alcohol method, but at this point, what do you have to lose in trying it?

05-20-09 04:20 PM
    Damn it. I might try it tonight...ugh. Any more suggestions?
    05-20-09 04:27 PM
    One of my friends iPods went through the washing machine and 3 days later it wouldn't work, so he asked me what to do, and I said to soak it in rubbing alcohol. Sure enough, it worked! He soaked it for about 3 days BTW.
    EDIT: He put it in rice for a few days after the alcohol.
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-20-09 at 04:49 PM.
    05-20-09 04:47 PM
    "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear andrewopolis,

You have received a new private message at BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com from branden3112, entitled "BB in shower".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Why would you have your BB in the Shower?!?!?!"

how dare you ask me that! LOL.

It rang while I was in there, I had to grab it (the blackberry). Geez! LOL
    05-20-09 04:50 PM
    The phone got wet and instead of instantly turning it off, you waited and waited trying to make it work?
    Good luck...

05-20-09 06:32 PM
    yeah i didnt notice until it was too late. but thats neither here nor there...ive got a more important question now...is there anyway to view my text messages on my computer if my BB is plugged into it? any suggestions would help because i feel like these past texts are somewhat of import....
    05-20-09 07:01 PM
    yeah i didnt notice until it was too late. but thats neither here nor there...ive got a more important question now...is there anyway to view my text messages on my computer if my BB is plugged into it? any suggestions would help because i feel like these past texts are somewhat of import....
    By default no. I'm not sure if there is a 3rd party app that will allow this though.
    05-20-09 07:07 PM
    had the pearl in the shower today. don't ask, or i'll tell LOL.

it's waterproof. for the most part.

worthless story but I had to brag LOL

anyway, good luck!
    HOW DID YOU COAX IT TO GETTING IN THE SHOWER WITH YOU!!?? AND THEN LIVING!!!!
    05-20-09 07:14 PM
    Getting text messages on a damaged phone after the fact, not sure what can be done. Other than calling everyone you know to resend them (once you get a working phone).

In the future install SKYDECK on your phone, and it will auto sync everytime you send or receive a text msg, and if something goes wrong, with the phone, you cna read the text online. At the very least, you will have a record of who sent a text to you, and their phone number, and can even reply online.

Skydeck | Text Messaging, Online Calling, Voicemail to text, Cell Phone History, Contact Backup for a free account (nope don't work there, just use the program).
    05-20-09 07:37 PM
    Nice. that sounds cool. thanks for the tip.
    05-20-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD