Will you guys please stop feeding the troll...
    04-21-09 05:49 PM
    Thats crazy!
    04-21-09 05:55 PM
    I'm done. I just hope I get better soon. I don't just don't know.... Just be cautious what you put in your ears I suppose... I don't see any reason to worry about nothing more than my health for the time being. May be someone will suffer more than I and put a stop to all this madness.

so remember kids.

"Knowing is half the Battle" - G.I. JOE
    04-21-09 09:06 PM
    Chock it up.. if you hear anything in the news about a class action, THEN jump on board.
    04-21-09 09:08 PM
    Good thing you weren't driving with them in your ear eh?
    Because if you were, and you hurt people as a result it would be entirely your fault; Because it is somewhat illegal.
    Also, unless you have some kind of proof, such as the headphones themselves with some sort of damage to them or evidence of an electric current having traveled through and in turn "shocked" you, you wont get anywhere with this.
    Sorry to hear what happened, but you must look at the reality of it.
    04-21-09 09:14 PM
    I've been shocked by my ipod before and it does hurt. I thought it was just because I have my traguses (tragi?) pierced though...
    04-21-09 09:28 PM
    I'm done. I just hope I get better soon. I don't just don't know.... Just be cautious what you put in your ears I suppose... I don't see any reason to worry about nothing more than my health for the time being. May be someone will suffer more than I and put a stop to all this madness.

so remember kids.

"Knowing is half the Battle" - G.I. JOE
    You know, if you let the door hit you on the way out, you could sue.
    04-21-09 09:41 PM
    If you win the suit, tell them that you want all CB forum users to receive an official OS higher than .113 for our Storms, Thanks!!!

Only kidding, but seriously that is very unfortunate, hope you can receive justice and full hearing
    04-21-09 09:45 PM
    I say we contact Mythbusters. They will find the truth behind the myth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:11 PM

I like it, let em at it!
    04-21-09 10:20 PM

I'm really serious. I'm going to email them tonight after work. Hope others jump on the band wagon with and notify MB

04-21-09 10:23 PM
    Cant wait to see you on "Judge Judy"
    04-21-09 10:49 PM
    I am an electronics technician and have never heard of this type of thing happening. The phone or battery would not be able to produce nearly enough voltage or current to cause damage. The capacitors in the phone can't hold enough of a charge to cause damage.

If the OP's story is true, there would have had to be some sort of external factor such as being struck by lightning. That being said, there is no basis for a lawsuit as the phone would definitely not have been able to produce enough of a charge by itself to cause damage. And even if a large amount of current did get emitted from the phone somehow, the headphone wires wouldn't be able to handle the current and would have melted.

OP, do you have pictures of the phone/headphones?
    04-21-09 11:25 PM
    thank you RB
    theres not enough capacitance even if you add all the capacitors in the unit together to shock you

as i said before READ ABOUT STATIC AND STOP BLAMING YOUR IPOD/PHONE?MP# PLAYER.

YOUR body builds up static charge NOT THE PORTABLE DEVICE
    YOU discharge the static charge onto another device to make your body charge neutral.

all the shocked peopel check out How stuff works
    04-22-09 12:20 AM
    I guess it's a good thing that the damn dog chewed through them then... And here I though they were just being asses.
    04-22-09 12:26 AM
    What an effin drama queen...

I wear Uggs and get a shock when I touch the car door in winter, Imma gonna suuuue!

04-22-09 04:06 AM
    Alright..enough.

Points have been proven, comments have been made..consider er' done.

Good luck with the law suit, just remember two words...counter sue.
    04-22-09 04:17 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD