This is rediculous. I'm curious as to why he thought it was important enough to announce this lawsuit to the crackberry nation. 1st post and this is the nonsense he is claiming? Man-up!
    04-18-09 08:06 AM
    Oh, and by the way...Dry pocket, wet pocket...who cares? Static electricity builds up all around your body and clothing, it doesn't build up in your device. When you build up the charge and touch someone you shock them. In this case, technically you shocked youself. You built up the charge, and the path of least resistance was your headphones, but since your device was being grounded by YOU at the time, you shocked yourself.

Also, you've obviously NEVER been tasered. As other have said, tasers use large batteries, and capacitors, and a taser has a FOCUSED charge so that all of the voltage is directed toward the target. This type of shock could never happen accidentally from your BB device. Grow a pair and move on.
    04-18-09 08:23 AM
    I have to agree. I will say, I have experienced the static shock from those headphones , which is one reason why I switched along with the fact that they sound crappy. It does feel REALLY weird getting shocked inside your ears, but there's no way that static buildup could cause the level of shock that the OP is complaining about. I mean really, dropped to your knees, ended up in the ER? REALLY??? I'd like to know after spending half the day in the ER, what was the result/diagnosis that the OP was discharged with?
    i've had the static shock in the ears from my ipod headphones too.. it got to the point where i was afraid to move at all... it's quite a "shock" to get zapped in the ear like that..

i switched to huge earmuff looking headphones
    04-18-09 08:29 AM
    i've had the static shock in the ears from my ipod headphones too.. it got to the point where i was afraid to move at all... it's quite a "shock" to get zapped in the ear like that..

i switched to huge earmuff looking headphones
    I'm not saying it's not weird, cause I've experienced it too...but the OP just went too far with it. And he talks about "multiple shocks" in this one event, Static electricity doesn't discharge in multiple shocks, it builds and relesases all at once. The OP is exaggerating MUCH!
    SO HERE'S...
    Last edited by paulanthonyc; 04-18-09 at 08:49 AM.
    04-18-09 08:39 AM
    Sounds a little crazy to me!
    04-18-09 08:48 AM
    First of all you want to check up on your spelling..its electrocution.

Secondly if this ever goes to court you will be laughed out of court...theres no way they would take your claim seriously but feel free to go ahead and file the claim...you will only end up looking like a jack ***.
    04-18-09 08:54 AM
    If the OP was looking for attention they got it. What a ridiculous post. Obviously the OP has never been shocked before. As numerous posters have stated it is impossible for a BB to generate that much voltage. And as of yet there has been no response from the OP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 09:34 AM
    I have had this happen before with BB headphones. I must say going to ER is a little over the top. I think this case would be stupid and be thrown out. It had to have happened normally doing what can cause static, I highly doubt it was random and the phone sent the charge. I'm just going by my experience. But going to the ER was too much cause I've had the same experience and well it just felt like any ordinary shock from walking on carpet or touching someones hand that gives a shock.
    04-18-09 09:39 AM
    the law suit i believe would actually be thrown out if he had headphones on while driving. In IL I'm resonably sure its a no no and can result in a ticket

I'm reasonably sure that anyone could have the ticket thrown out because IL (and the other 49 States) license Deaf people to operate motor Vehicles thus proving you don't need to hear to drive.

As for the static? Doesn't Static usually completely discharge all at once?

Wouldn't Multiple shocks indicate you should stop using the equipment?
    04-18-09 01:43 PM
    thats what you get for listening to music while you should be working, lol
    04-18-09 01:49 PM
    All this wet/dry talk makes me believe that there was a storm. What was the weather like outside? Lightning? Thunder? If there was a storm then maybe your storm was affected. In any case it's common knowledge that telephones such as landlines or mobiles should not be used in such conditions. People have been struck by lightning from the wierdest ways ( e.g the current bouncing off other things to them). In any case if you were electrocuted due to a storm best of luck suing, I mean seeing as it's an act from god you'll have trouble getting god into court...

04-18-09 03:47 PM
    My boyfriend's Apple earbuds started shocking him in the ears, but nothing this extreme.
    04-18-09 04:06 PM
    Making for an interesting thread after all!

04-18-09 04:31 PM
    In anger I wrote this post. I wasn't trying to be made fun of bashed on or anything of the sort. I just wanted answers and worded my thoughts on text. Sorry.

I am now seeking an E.N.T. DR. this week to figure out whats wrong. I am in pain, tears and deep depression because I've valued my hearing my whole life.

For those who have experience this shock I am sorry. Any shock that will bring you to your knees screaming is not a pleasant experience and should never happen.
    Cheep headphones or (Head Sets) should not be given with any phone unless you sign a waver or are instructed of the consequences in usage. I never heard of such a thing in my life either.

I do hope I recover. The only reason I announced a lawsuit, which is uncertain, in the beginning of my post was to vent for my uninsured and outrageous hospital bills I am now going to see in the near future.

For all the bashes and negative people with a witty insult. Why waste your time with response, my accident or well being is nothing to your personal gain.
    04-20-09 06:45 PM
    So how are you going to show Neglect?? How are you going to prove injury? Your word against them.. You have no injury accept what you stated to the ER and they only could go on your word. Too funny..
    Your right funny man. Its not like I went to Mc Donald's ordering coffee, spilling it on my lap and saying to the jury.....duhhh I didn't think it would be hot.

no I just got my inner ear fried.

how about asking me how i'm doing instead of jumping my back.
    04-20-09 07:49 PM
    hey it could be worse ....

j/k relax take a deep breath
    04-20-09 08:10 PM
    idk, but i used 3 of the headphones that came with the storm and i got zapped a few times, i mean, not enough to cause any damage but enough to make me jump and say "WTF?!"
    04-20-09 08:12 PM
    idk, but i used 3 of the headphones that came with the storm and i got zapped a few times, i mean, not enough to cause any damage but enough to make me jump and say "WTF?!"
    I didn't make the storm or the headphones or know of there methods of testing.
    I know now I'm not the only person who has been shocked or zapped now.
    I think they were more interested in taking our money in before Apple got to much to see that Apples headset was doing the same thing.

Since the day it happened the pain gets worse as well as vertigo. My balance isn't the same my hearing is damaged and I'm stuck with a bill.

they need to do some better testing before something fatal does happen to someone. Anyone who doesn't think this....well grab your headphones and listen to what a storms all about!
    04-20-09 08:41 PM
    First of all you want to check up on your spelling..its electrocution.

Secondly if this ever goes to court you will be laughed out of court...theres no way they would take your claim seriously but feel free to go ahead and file the claim...you will only end up looking like a jack ***.
    Isn't that what I posted?
    wait it is.

Laughed out of court....
    tell that to the 82 year old lady who was served hot coffee who won 2.8 million or cracker jack kid who swallowed his toy or any other stupid thing that shouldn't of happened that just plain did.

warning labels avoid liability. we all know electricity can hurt. that's why they put labels on the backs of things that say DO NOT OPEN. High Risk Of Shock!

If Placed (IN) ear 50/50 Chance a Shock will occur.

Its so depressing to watch the TV and when ever I see the Version guy talking and asking "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" I feel depressed knowing I can't really hear much of anything.
    04-20-09 09:01 PM
    Why would you have on headphones while driving down the road. That I think
    is a bigger risk to your daughter than your minor jolt.
    They act as a headset also. Sorry if I couldn't afford a fancy Blue tooth.
    04-20-09 09:06 PM
    Glad to see a sane response here, the story is so false. The O/P has one Post! They put the storm in their "dry" pocket as opposed to what? I call this story suspect
    I was just saying that I wasn't wet,damp or anything of the sort to rule that out.
    04-20-09 09:09 PM
    So how are you going to show Neglect?? How are you going to prove injury? Your word against them.. You have no injury accept what you stated to the ER and they only could go on your word. Too funny..
    I have many who witnessed me dropping to my knees as well as people stopping to see who was screaming.
    04-20-09 09:11 PM
    While I do feel bad fo you I higly doubt ur storm or the headphones did this 2 u. I would like to see a pic of the headphones. Any shock that great would likely cause damage to the headphones. Do they still work? Does the storm work? Any shock great enought to fry ur ears would probibally cause damage to the phone. Am I wrong? Maybe. But by ur last few posts it appears as your here for nothing but sympathy and someone to feel bad for you. Sry but we can't feel bad for everyone who has a bad day. Sry for my insensativity but **** happens to everyone. But I do hope you fully recover.

04-20-09 09:13 PM
    I have to agree. If there was a staic buildup the first and easiest discharge path would be in the pocket or across the circuits of the phone. The OP's claim is clearly bull****.

Sounds like an attempt to extort money from RIM by making a fraudulent claim.
    I can't predict the future.
    As for Bull**** I'll trump your cards. Ears are very sensitive. Just like your eyes, brain and spine and the nervous system that controls the input from your ears to your brain.

If only they had made headphones that wouldn't pass an electrical current from point A to B, I wouldn't be talking about any of this now would I?
    04-20-09 09:23 PM
    While I do feel bad fo you I higly doubt ur storm or the headphones did this 2 u. I would like to see a pic of the headphones. Any shock that great would likely cause damage to the headphones. Do they still work? Does the storm work? Any shock great enought to fry ur ears would probibally cause damage to the phone. Am I wrong? Maybe. But by ur last few posts it appears as your here for nothing but sympathy and someone to feel bad for you. Sry but we can't feel bad for everyone who has a bad day. Sry for my insensativity but **** happens to everyone. But I do hope you fully recover.

This is the my second Storm I had received from the manufacture. First one Leaked touch screen fluid out of the phone. I do still have the headphones. I don't think they work anymore though. They are in a safe place. My phone doesn't work well anymore half the time the screen looks like white noise.

I not asking for a hug from anyone. I just want to warn people of my misfortune.
    04-20-09 09:31 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD