Guys be careful of ebay seller "ipowercorner"
    He sells used blackberries stating they are new
    I bought a 8820 from him recently and looked like a great dial at first
    After some search I realized that the phone was preowned, everything was wiped and the full housing was changed to a new one. There is also the "orange" logo when you turn it on.
    The four screws had damaged heads and the two top screws were totally missing
    Even the manual booklet was wrong
    Of course, if you are a first time blackberry user it is hard to discover the truth but if you know a few things about blackberries it gets much easier...

After I told him all these he disappeared obviously knowing he was guilty
    I asked for a full refund or a partial refund in order to keep it but never got an answer
    I will open a paypal dispute today

Stay away from him - SCAM
    10-12-08 09:28 AM
    I hate that for ya. I would never buy electronics sight unseen. The savings just isn't worth the risks and hassles IMO.
    10-12-08 09:34 AM
    Good work, the scammers have to be held accountable.

The first step is to leave negative feedback, that will motivate a power seller to do the right thing.

PayPal has a well practiced dispute mechanism in place. Your complaint will result in the seller having a hold placed against their account until the dispute is resolved.

They hold back payments for ten days, just in case.

If the seller refuses to respond, they will credit your card and you will get your money back, and keep the disputed merchandise.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-12-08 at 10:35 AM.
    10-12-08 10:25 AM
    Mic, Good information to post. So sorry this happened to you, and hope you get it resolved.

Unfortunately the moto....."Buyer Beware" is very true.
    10-12-08 10:30 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. After everything I've read, I stay away from ebay for electronics. If it's used, they should admit it. People will take a chance if they know what they're doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 02:36 PM
    That is def a risk you take when dealing with people on the internet. I am very hesitant but I caught a good deal on ebay when I bought my curve & saved myself a lot of money.
    10-12-08 03:34 PM
    thanks for the heads up
    10-12-08 03:43 PM
    Good information thanks. We should really have a thread where people can report these lowlifes...
    10-12-08 05:28 PM
    I bought an "unlocked" blackberry on ebay too. My problem is that the seller doesn't have the user name and password to change the email over to my personal email. Did you have this problem and if so, how did you get past this.

Thanks!
    10-12-08 06:06 PM
    Looks like ebay got the message.
    No longer a registered user

Guys be careful of ebay seller "ipowercorner"
    He sells used blackberries stating they are new
    I bought a 8820 from him recently and looked like a great dial at first
    After some search I realized that the phone was preowned, everything was wiped and the full housing was changed to a new one. There is also the "orange" logo when you turn it on.
    The four screws had damaged heads and the two top screws were totally missing
    Even the manual booklet was wrong
    Of course, if you are a first time blackberry user it is hard to discover the truth but if you know a few things about blackberries it gets much easier...

After I told him all these he disappeared obviously knowing he was guilty
    I asked for a full refund or a partial refund in order to keep it but never got an answer
    I will open a paypal dispute today

Stay away from him - SCAM
    12-17-08 02:20 PM
    I'm sorry you had this problem but I made a great deal on ebay this week with my new BB Curve 8330- you got to be careful and look for powersellers, how long they been on ebay and the comments. I would buy electronics again... you just got to shop around for good sellers too as you would with anyone elsewhere.
    12-17-08 02:40 PM
    Yeah, good general eBay advice in general. Stick with established sellers, say a year old or longer, look for hundreds (or well over a thousand) feedbacks with around a 98% good or better, and read some of the negatives to see whether they're legitimate gripes or just hotheads. It if sounds too good to be true, et cetera.
    12-17-08 03:04 PM
    Oh, another potential danger of buying BBs on eBay: an acquaintance of my wife's started a business on the side selling phone equipment, including AT&T branded stuff and including BBs. Turns out her sources, while not exactly selling stolen goods, were selling them other than with corporate blessing. This lady is now being sued by AT&T, and is fighting their demands to turn over the personal info on every single person she ever sold to, over a course of more than a year. Not only is she facing losing her house, a lot of people might be getting nasty documents from AT&T. Could one of them be you?

Just saying. Might not be that great a deal in the long run.
    12-17-08 03:09 PM
    I hate when that happens, out of over 200 buys I only had to dispute 2 with paypal and threaten to turn one over.
    Don't blame eBay there are tons of good honest sellers on eBay but one bad apple spoils it for some.
    But once paypal resolves it you do get to keep the mechandise and get your money back. That's why I only buy with paypal on eBay.

12-17-08 03:12 PM
    guy is registered in China. Says so right on his profile. I would never buy from a guy that is thousands of miles away in China.

I just got a new Sprint Curve for my wife for about $220 off of Ebay and the ESN was clear, phone is activated and it was new, sealed in box. It works fine. I would buy from Ebay again in a second rather than paying almost $600 from Sprint for a berry in contract
    12-17-08 03:22 PM
    That sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

12-17-08 08:30 PM
    I only deal with 98% sellers or higher on ebay.

12-18-08 01:13 AM
    eBay is not bad, but there are some bad people on eBay. We all love "deals", but peace of mind is priceless. Sometimes it's best to pay more, and keep your blood pressure down.

Sorry about the bad experience!
    12-18-08 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Make sure you leave that feedback on his profile on eBay.
    12-20-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD