I ordered an unlimited blackberry internet thing for my bb, activated yesterday. I rang quite a few times to ensure WAP browsing was free and included, and now i've been told that it's not. It's costing me :@
    The useless O2 woman told me to change my blackberry browser settings, but they've never been to go through wap or o2 active. Any ideas how to cut down on wap browsing?
    Or, more specifically, do any of these use it? Cos if they do that might be the solution...
    Opera
    TinyTwitter
    Crackberry forums mobile
    MSN
    Gmail App
    Google Maps
    um... that's all i can think of.
    04-24-09 03:51 AM
    wap shouldnt cost you anything extra.. i think that lady didnt know what she was talking about.
    04-24-09 03:53 AM
    She doesn't. But O2 online billing told me.
    04-24-09 03:57 AM
    wap is just a platform that websites conform to in order to have phones able to view them properly. wireless app protocol is what it stands for.
    04-24-09 03:58 AM
    thats weird, try calling again and see if another person says the same thing..

*edit* i mean "ring them again"
    04-24-09 03:59 AM
    Hmm... Yeah it doesn't make sense to charge me for WAP and not something through blackberry. But in the last day that's what my online bill seems to say- it tells me that I've downloaded 5mb through the blackberry.net, and that was free, and 4mb from wap.o2.co.uk or from mobile.o2.co.uk, and that cost me 3.50.
    *confusion *
    04-24-09 04:02 AM
    5mb or 5gb?
    04-24-09 04:04 AM
    5mb. It was only one day... is it even possible to download 5gb in a day?
    04-24-09 04:11 AM
    no, that would be a feat..
    im not sure.. i would say call o2 again and ask the same questions.. see if you get different answers. 3.5 euros is pretty steep for a day.. and ask them why they charge for wap seperately.
    04-24-09 04:14 AM
    3 pounds 50.

I went to the store. The guy was funnily stupid, standing there staring like a pancake.
    He said to check the next day online. So check the next day online i will do.
    04-24-09 09:06 AM
    3 pounds 50.

I went to the store. The guy was funnily stupid, standing there staring like a pancake.
    He said to check the next day online. So check the next day online i will do.
    thats what i meant
    still steep if thats what you are gonna be charged per diem. that would make me think that most of o2's people are pancakes..lol. it just wouldnt make sense to have a seperate charge for wap... i hope you get it sorted.
    04-24-09 02:19 PM
    Lol...
    Yeah... We'll see. What I hate is that the o2 website tells me that WAP is free, I think- its a pdf on the site. I could link later. Will ring again and quote that.
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD