Hi all I'm new here. I currently have a lg optimus chat, and its getting old and is getting it's flaws. I'm with tells so I would be getting a BB that tells carries. I want to know if I could just put my current sim card in the BB and have it work? I don't have a data plan and don't really want one, will the BB work without a BB data plan? I have wifi connections at home so can the BB connect to wifi and work without a data plan? Currently I can use wifi on my plan without getting charged. Can I have the browser, facebook, twitter and whatever social network sites still? Pretty much what am I restricted to and able to use still? Try and answer my questions please and thanks
    12-05-12 07:14 PM
    You would still need a BIS plan, usually $10-$15 to activate BBM and facebook and the like. your browser would be fully functional though.
    12-05-12 07:19 PM
    What do I get with a bis plan? Is the 10-15$ a one time fee or do I need to add it onto my current contract of $40 a month.

The sim from my current phone will work though? Like my talk and text etc
    12-05-12 08:22 PM
    What do I get with a bis plan? Is the 10-15$ a one time fee or do I need to add it onto my current contract of $40 a month.

The sim from my current phone will work though? Like my talk and text etc
    Yes, your current SIM will work for sms/mms and talk, and you would need to add it to your contract, although your carrier probably offers a plan which has BIS included for around the same price(assuming)
    12-05-12 09:14 PM
    And I'll still get to use brower and fb and stuff with my current sim card?
    12-05-12 09:18 PM
    browser SHOULD work, if not I can provide a .zip with files for opera mini, facebook won't work, even over wifi, as there won't be BIS for it to route through. you will be able to use m.facebook.com through browser/opera though. there are plenty of users out there that have managed to work around not having BIS. you could always try to contact them, as I've had a BIS plan from day 1 with my blackberry
    12-05-12 09:29 PM
    Lol i love how ironically after the explosion propaganda there is now someone looking for a 9320. Get it, its a good phone.
    12-06-12 01:23 AM
    Okay well I'm getting some answers I'm looking for now, I looked around online and I kept seeing 2 diffrent answers all the time.
    Is the curve a good phone for what I'm trying to explain or is there a better one out there for me?? I want something that can run off wifi and not require data fully. I want to keep my current plan and not make any alterations, and I just want to swap sim cards not have to buy out my contract
    12-06-12 06:42 PM