First time poster, but long time BlackBerry user (and a client of mine). I am looking for a way to block the phone number on caller ID and keep just the name of the caller. Is that possible?

Thanks, you'd be making a few A-list celebs and one frantic film director very happy.
    08-31-09 12:32 PM
    You mean when people call you. You don't want the number to appear but just the name? ... Just add the number to the address book and put the persons name there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:52 PM
    That's not what the op want..I think. What he wants is just the namw showing, but no name displayed....?

08-31-09 12:59 PM
    O ok sorry missed read lol .. Go into call log > options > general options > restrict my identity always .. That will block everything to only have name appear you'll have to contact your service provider ..
    And this should be moved into proper thread

08-31-09 01:03 PM
    I've done that, as all my contacts are in by first name, last name, and their phone numbers. BUT, when someone calls into my phone, I get their name with their phone number right underneath on the caller ID screen when the call comes in:
    Mister X

This is the case on all BlackBerry devices here in our office, regardless of carrier and device.

I'd like it to say just "Mr. X." I've got three characters in a film that want to see only the name of the person calling, as the activated numbers are all LA, not NYC where the film takes place.
    08-31-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD