I want to upgrade my z10 but I have no idea what to upgrade to.... I like the z30 but I also care about the screen resolution I have been loyal to blackberry since the 8530 was released I had a 9360 afterwards... a 9700 then 9780 then 9780 then a 9790 ... then I tired the andriod system galaxy s3 I liked it.. had the resolution camera and full touch screen.. was a pretty awesome phone and then the Z10 was released... I actually love this phone but I just want to upgrade... will a new blackberry be released... do u recommend even though its the same but bigger screen but less resolution ... * dont care about the battery I always carry an extra battery pack*... or should I go ahead and try the new galaxy s5?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 05:16 PM
    The Z30 resolution is fantastic. Until you have seen one or tried one, you cannot say there is anything wrong with it. Because there isn't. The colors are bright and the screen is vibrant. I have to turn the brightness down becasue it is so bright. I would take my Z30 over my Z10 anyday! And yes. I have both and have used both.
    05-27-14 05:29 PM
    Well, it's a tough call. I would say that both phones can do the bulk of what people want in a phone. So you must ask yourself some questions.

1. Are you the type of person that likes 3D games or do you just watch the odd movie, tv show or video once in a while?
    A. If you don't play top of the line 3D games (or maybe you do once in a while) and just watch media content then either phone will do for you. Seriously I doubt you will notice much unless you have 1080P movies streaming directly to the screen and your eyes are sharp. If it skews the result a bit, the Z30 would blow the Samsung out in speaker quality. If you don't do any of this stuff and just socialize I would say get the Z30 but both will do.

2. Are you an app junky? Do you need all the latest apps and whatever is popular?
    A. Get the Samsung if you don't like fiddling with Snap and then finding out that the app you wanted isn't 100% compatible.

3. Do you like BB10 way of doing things (Hub, Peek, flow, whatever) or do you like to customize and make it your own (App drawer and a gazillion homepages or, you know, just one whatever)?
    A. I think this should answer your questions.

Not saying the Z30 isn't for you. I really don't know. But figure out what you want most in a device and tap into your experience from both the Samsung Galaxy and BlackBerry Z10. What suited your needs better? What made you happier? Which one were you most inclined to use more. I know people that only have a handful of apps on their smartphones and I compare that to me with almost every app I can ever need (90+) on a BlackBerry that supposedly has no apps. Some of those people would love BB10. Everybody is different. Personally I feel there is more to be excited about with BlackBerry. That's just me though. Remember, Z30 has a lot of things that Z10 doesn't like Miracast/WiDi and USBOTG.

Or you can always do what I suggest when someone can't make up their mind. Heads = Z30, Tails = S5. There should be a moment of clarity when the coin is in the air where you start rooting for either heads or tails. Whatever it lands on just get whatever you were rooting for. If their was no moment of clarity then get whatever landed up.

Almost forgot. Good luck and enjoy whatever you get to experience.
    Sam Moussally likes this.
    05-27-14 06:00 PM
    Was just looking at the new lg g3. Phone looks amazing with very little bezel around the screen. Stupid high pixel count and some pretty nice features.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
    05-27-14 06:14 PM
    You won't notice the resolution difference between the z10 and z30 if you don't compare them side by side. I switched and I don't kiss it at all. The larger screen is more than enough of a reason for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 06:49 PM
    Quite Frankly speaking the Z30 is THE BEST device on the market now, don't let the paper specs fool you. However I get the impression from the tone of your post you wish to explore outside the Brand. No problem do so, Guaranteed you will be back! Btw DON'T use mobile banking on that DROID you will regret it!

Posted via CB10
    lift and Sam Moussally like this.
    05-27-14 10:26 PM
    Z30 blows away the z10 in every way. The only thing that z10 has over the z30 is its smaller in the hands so it feels lighter and comfortable and the LCD screen is definitely brighter and to me looks better.

Otherwise the z30 feels very solid in the hands with nice quality materials used and looks much better in its design.

5'inch screen makes viewing and watching much easier as well as typing on the virtual keypad. Less typos forsure!

Battery is much bigger therefore it lasts a lot longer depending on your usage. I'm a heavy user and with my z10 fully charged from the morning it was almost already dead in the early afternoon. Definitely needed to be charged by 3/4pm. Z30 lasts me a full day by 30-40% left.

Speaker quality on the z30 is amazing and very loud. Blows the z10 away!

The quad core graphics cpu definitely makes loading apps or running through features alot faster and more smoother.

Definitely worth the upgrade from my z10 which I got on day one when it was released on Rogers February 5th. Had my z30 since the 3 week of February 2014

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    Sam Moussally likes this.
    05-28-14 05:21 PM
    Well, it's a tough call. I would say that both phones can do the bulk of what people want in a phone. So you must ask yourself some questions.

1. Are you the type of person that likes 3D games or do you just watch the odd movie, tv show or video once in a while?
    A. If you don't play top of the line 3D games (or maybe you do once in a while) and just watch media content then either phone will do for you. Seriously I doubt you will notice much unless you have 1080P movies streaming directly to the screen and your eyes are sharp. If it skews the result a bit, the Z30 would blow the Samsung out in speaker quality. If you don't do any of this stuff and just socialize I would say get the Z30 but both will do.

2. Are you an app junky? Do you need all the latest apps and whatever is popular?
    A. Get the Samsung if you don't like fiddling with Snap and then finding out that the app you wanted isn't 100% compatible.

3. Do you like BB10 way of doing things (Hub, Peek, flow, whatever) or do you like to customize and make it your own (App drawer and a gazillion homepages or, you know, just one whatever)?
    A. I think this should answer your questions.

Not saying the Z30 isn't for you. I really don't know. But figure out what you want most in a device and tap into your experience from both the Samsung Galaxy and BlackBerry Z10. What suited your needs better? What made you happier? Which one were you most inclined to use more. I know people that only have a handful of apps on their smartphones and I compare that to me with almost every app I can ever need (90+) on a BlackBerry that supposedly has no apps. Some of those people would love BB10. Everybody is different. Personally I feel there is more to be excited about with BlackBerry. That's just me though. Remember, Z30 has a lot of things that Z10 doesn't like Miracast/WiDi and USBOTG.

Or you can always do what I suggest when someone can't make up their mind. Heads = Z30, Tails = S5. There should be a moment of clarity when the coin is in the air where you start rooting for either heads or tails. Whatever it lands on just get whatever you were rooting for. If their was no moment of clarity then get whatever landed up.

Almost forgot. Good luck and enjoy whatever you get to experience.
    Well to be honest u made me think more clear and made the z30 more interesting than the s5 because I barely watch movies im always out soo dont have time for games and I dont like games on the phone only the simple ones like flappybird and whitetiles doodle jump thats the only apps I like... and im really like music soo thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-28-14 06:19 PM
    Z30 IT ISSS!!

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-28-14 06:20 PM
    I have upgraded from Z10 to Z30 and didn't regret!
    Z30 is a fantastic phone!
    I never noticed the lower resolution and the amoled screen is better than LCD, at least for my taste.

Sent from my Z 30
    05-28-14 09:49 PM
    Z30 IT ISSS!!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!!!

Definitely can't go wrong with the Z30.

The only thing that can kind of detour someone from buying it is there isn't enough apps or top apps but that's a BlackBerry ecosystem issue.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    05-29-14 08:15 AM
    the Z30 is very, and I mean v-e-r-y, nice. I played with it for two weeks and became in love with it until I had to hand it over to my sister. (*sad*) I actually recommended the Z10 for her but she insisted to have the Z30 because of it big screen. She has no problem moving from her Q10 keyboard to the Z30 on-screen keyboard.
    05-29-14 06:47 PM