Is there such a thing of something that can be mounted to the wall in some fashion to hold my blackberry? It doesn't have to necessarily have a charger built in, but at least a slot for charging wire would be nice. Specifically I have a Curve 8330, but I've been looking around, and even the Crackberry store does not have such a thing.
    11-18-08 10:08 AM
    You mean liek the charging pod but you want to put it on the wall.....

Hmm never heard of such a thing.... New use for Duct tape!!!
    11-18-08 10:10 AM
    You might try this item. While it's a car mount, it comes with an adhesive disk that you could stick to the wall, then suction cup this to the disk.
    11-18-08 10:13 AM
    Oh trust me, I've already made a rigged up cardboard and duct tape one, it just doesn't look that pretty.

That's link isn't too bad. I was more looking for something that isn't going to stick out like that though, as that's going to leave more of a chance for me to knock it over while sleeping.
    11-18-08 10:18 AM
    I'd consider using the charging base. you could mount it to the wall using 1" "L" brackets (like for shelves inside a cabinet). It would be fairly low profile to the wall and it has a pretty finished look to it. I have one coming from newegg, but it'll be on my nightstand, not the wall.

Later,
    Brian
    11-18-08 11:01 AM
    Oh trust me, I've already made a rigged up cardboard and duct tape one, it just doesn't look that pretty.

That's link isn't too bad. I was more looking for something that isn't going to stick out like that though, as that's going to leave more of a chance for me to knock it over while sleeping.
    How about a picture of your rigged up gear, so people can get a better idea of what you want it to do? A goose neck, mounted on your wall, head board or nightstand, should be pretty sturdy and out of the way while sleeping, unless of you are sleeping like a WWE wrestler in a title grudge match.

The Blackberry is pinned ... it's all over folks ... 1 2 3 Ding Ding!
    11-18-08 12:10 PM
    It actually just died a few days ago, which is why I am in the hunt to spend some bucks to have something nice.

I would prefer something that just sits parallel to the wall. Before it was just a flat piece of cardboard with a rounded cardboard in the front, and my berry sat in between. I had it cut to the point where I could stick my charger in the side of my curve.

I would prefer to stay away from making any actual holes in my wall, in fact its sort of a must, as I would have to pay for the damage to the wall.
    11-18-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD