This question is about the Thunder, but I suppose it could apply to any new model...

I'm new to BB (picked up a used curve last week). With the touchscreen being "new", is it best to wait to buy rather than rush out right away for the Thunder? Will Verizon or RIM take back and replace any new Thunders with problems? Or is this thing so thoroughly tested before release that there is no reason to wait?

(anyone want to buy my Verizon Curve in 2 months?, I hope)
    08-13-08 11:46 PM
    They are tested by RIM and then the carriers thoroughly. But if you have issues, they are warranteed for 1 year.
    08-13-08 11:48 PM
    They are tested by RIM and then the carriers thoroughly. But if you have issues, they are warranteed for 1 year.
    I'm not so concerned with the warranty, but rather that RIM will release a "fixed" version if there are issues that surface.
    08-13-08 11:55 PM
    Why would RIM release a phone that doesn't function properly? Come on now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 11:59 PM
    I'm not so concerned with the warranty, but rather that RIM will release a "fixed" version if there are issues that surface.
    If there are issues, RIM will make adjustments. Like I said before these are well tested not only by RIM but the carrier as well. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have no worries about the BOLD and will buy as soon as its available with At&t.
    08-13-08 11:59 PM

I trust RIM more than others.. coughapplecough
    08-14-08 12:00 AM
    ALLRIGHTY THEN, Bring it on, lets keep hopin' for October 13!
    08-14-08 12:04 AM
    Lol...

And where are you getting oct 13th? I myself am waiting for the thunder...

08-14-08 12:06 AM
    Lol...

And where are you getting oct 13th? I myself am waiting for the thunder...

I am not saying this is credable, just answering your question. And like I said, "hoping"

Posts tagged Thunder at Engadget Mobile
    Last edited by hal1; 08-14-08 at 12:23 AM.
    08-14-08 12:18 AM
    I usually wait a month or so to check out user feedback.
    That will probably go out the window when the 9000
    gets released
    08-14-08 12:53 AM
    I'll wait until the Javelin gets released before making the jump on either. I've heard from a very reliable source that the Javelin is superior to the Bold, if you can live without 3G connection.
    08-14-08 12:55 AM
    ... I've heard from a very reliable source that the Javelin is superior to the Bold,...
    Yea, give up a little on the processor speed, but pick up an extra bit on the address bus. Fair trade off.

Bold will have 128 Mb addressable memory, the next generation will have 256 Mb. That should spell an end to the memory gremlins, for a while.
    08-14-08 01:06 AM
    I called a store today and was told Oct. 8th.....Just in case no one gets it, I'm trying to be funny due to all the guessing over the Bolds date.....Is this thing on, test, test........
    08-14-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD