Hey everyone just saw the new pics and I'm freaking excited like everyone else on here. I'm new to VZW, my first phone on VZW and my first BB was the Storm so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to pay full price for the Niagara. I bought the Storm the day it came out, well I ordered it that day got it a week or so later. I'm getting the Niagara either way because I want a physical keyboard but I would rather pay a reduced price instead of the full retail price. So can someone tell me if I'm going to qualify for an upgrade or something?
    03-05-09 04:26 PM
    I think it's going to depend on how long ago you bought your phone. I've been a customer of theirs for so long I upgrade my phone every year but I cna't do that for my daughter or my wife.
    03-05-09 04:44 PM
    Oh, well I bought my phone last November so then I probably won't be eligible for an upgrade if I have to be a customer for a long time.
    03-05-09 04:48 PM
    I think verizons upgrades are every 2 years. You will likely pay full price or just under the retail price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:59 PM
    Yea I know but I've heard that sometimes you can get early upgrades so I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with them. I hope the Niagara doesn't run more than $500 at full price.
    03-05-09 05:03 PM
    If you started your contract or upgraded when the storm came then you are going to have to pay full retail price for a new one. They won't just give you a reduced upgrade after a few monthes.

03-05-09 05:12 PM
    If you wait until Nov its possible you might be able to upgrade at the 1yr mark, but being you're a new customer its also possible they will make you wait until closer to the end of your contract. You'd have to call CS or go into a store and see what they're willing/able to do...

03-05-09 06:28 PM
    If you signed a 1 year contract you can upgrade on the 10th month and 20th month on a 2 year plan. Anything earlier than that you have to pay full retail. Only way is to terminate, pay ETF, and get a new line to get the subsidized price. As for the price of the 9630 I can see it being priced $500 or higer, most likely higher!
    03-05-09 07:15 PM
    Check out the 9630 Forum for more info on the Niagara (9630).
    03-05-09 07:24 PM
    No way is the bb going to be >500. That would be ridiculous. Are there any cells that run more than 5 bills?

03-05-09 11:53 PM
    No way is the bb going to be >500. That would be ridiculous. Are there any cells that run more than 5 bills?

Yeah a lot of the HTC phones will run you $550 or $600.

03-05-09 11:57 PM
    I just hope that by the time it comes out It's in time(or I can) upgrade
    this is the bb I have been waiting for since I seen the bold
    03-05-09 11:58 PM
    being such a new customer you may be able to upgrade at the promo price,but that wont be until 18 months
    03-06-09 06:43 AM
    The last time I upgraded was in September 2008, and this was considered an early upgrade, because I had just started my account the previous year. I did the early upgrade so I could get my Pearl at the time and I think I had to pay an early upgrade fee, but it's not much and you get the phone at the price with a new 2 year contract. Just my personal experience, hope it helps.
    03-06-09 07:08 AM
    Oh that's koo, did you start your account late 2007 or early?

The last time I upgraded was in September 2008, and this was considered an early upgrade, because I had just started my account the previous year. I did the early upgrade so I could get my Pearl at the time and I think I had to pay an early upgrade fee, but it's not much and you get the phone at the price with a new 2 year contract. Just my personal experience, hope it helps.
    03-06-09 11:11 AM
    I started my account in September of 2007 (switched from Nextel, lol) with an EnV. I went in to a Verizon Corporate store probably around last August and they told me that the earliest I could upgrade was in September, and it's what is called an "Early Upgrade." So I came back in September and got my blackberry with a new two year contract.
    03-06-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD